★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Man this is a terrible schedule. I didn’t realize we play tomorrow against a rested Colorado team. We almost have to win today because I can’t see them winning being tired tomorrow. At least it’s early today and later tomorrow but come on NHL. Do you actually like your players this year?

Some parts of this schedule just make you go WTF?

They play 4 games in 6 days and they don’t even get to play at their regular time at home.

11:00, 6:00, 7:00, 4:00

Actual footage of the schedule makers when making the Canucks schedule:

Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

not looking forward to the game.. morning games that canucks usually ain't good at against a team for whatever reason we struggle against.. we are 3-11 vs wild in the last 14 with only 4 goals scored in last 4

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They play 4 games in 6 days and they don’t even get to play at their regular time at home.

It’s the first time I could see us having a three game losing streak. Early start. We seem struggle in Minnesota and Colorado. Colorado will be rested and waiting. We have a couple of key injuries. Oh and we are consistently battling referees every night. I hope I am wrong. I just have a bad feeling. Let’s hope they prove me wrong.

Schedule makers:

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Us and players:

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

I get our schedule has been trash, but we have 9 home games in a row soon. From March on we basically play in the pacific time zone... it's going to be huge to get the PP/PK practiced and up to standard. I think it's pretty favorable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

I get our schedule has been trash, but we have 9 home games in a row soon. From March on we basically play in the pacific time zone... it's going to be huge to get the PP/PK practiced and up to standard. I think it's pretty favorable. 

Yes it is. It was more of a reaction today since I just realized it was early and a back to back. Plus really a two game home stand in the middle? That’s just awful for the players. I am sure they would have rather they just put the road games all together and  have a longer stretch of home games than a quick stop. Just seems odd. Oh well! As Bertuzzi once said, “It is what it is.”

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

Point is we could have been buried by then.

Credit to the players for digging deep and finding a way to rack up points.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

fingers-crossed-7.gif

• Like 1

do people lose sight of just how difficult it is to schedule 82 games for 32 teams over 6 months in buildings they share with countless other events?

let's cut the schedule makers a little slack maybe. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

do people lose sight of just how difficult it is to schedule 82 games for 32 teams over 6 months in buildings they share with countless other events?

let's cut the schedule makers a little slack maybe. 

They have done it before with no issues. There is something about the last couple years that have been horrible. It might be because they had to send players across the ocean to play in Europe. If this is the cause of it. Don’t send them. It’s weird to do it anyways.

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Opponent forward finishing a check on Petey:

macho-man-flying-elbow-drop.gif

Ref be like:

Petition NHL Blind Referees

And we wonder why schedulers out of Bettman's office could give a shit:

tumblr_mzgrlhBXCR1sky7ayo1_250.gif

GO CANUCKS GO! BEAT THE 7th PLAYER!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Looking at the snow in that video/other places...I'm sure happy to live here. I know we got our share this year, but I'm not a fan of winter at all.

I HATE winter.

I have a ski pass, play hockey, fish, and snow shoe and I still hate it. 

Still some snow left here but getting close to spring!