★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah standing there ain't good. I was thinking like the movement in basketball drills. Make the defense work harder.

Well this is what they are taught by tocchet on the PP they are just following orders.. RT should just give up his role on PP1.. I don’t think offence and power play is in his repertoire.. I mean what’s the point of the sedin working with pp2 that hardly even get a sniff most of the time

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The power play is stale bread. The pp 1 group needs to not get stuck on the set plays. Find the set plays in motion. Otherwise they are too predictable to stop. Free flowing movement keying from 43 but everyone on alert for the open space. Huggy can carry to open up space. Leave the bumper up for grabs and see who gets open. Work the puck around and read it into the crease. Standing around waiting for a pass isn't good.

The way I see it is that PP1 is looking for "the perfect shot" before whoever has the puck will try to shoot it.  As some famous hockey guy once said (I think it was Grayne Wetzky? sth like that), "you miss all the shots you don't fucking take".

Pummel the defenders with slappers, make them think twice about blocking the puck.  Direct it to the net and then hack and slash anyone who stands between the puck and the net, make them think twice about getting in the way.  Give the 'tender bruises on their nipples, on their belly, on their arms for the shots that you drill in his direction.  Make his glove hand sting. 

Just shoot the fucking puck already!  👺

(ok, I'm done)

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Well this is what they are taught by tocchet on the PP they are just following orders.. RT should just give up his role on PP1.. I don’t think offence and power play is in his repertoire.. I mean what’s the point of the sedin working with pp2 that hardly even get a sniff most of the time

I'd like to see QH switch it up with Horn-Wreck and backstop PP2 for a couple of shifts.  The biggest problem I see with that PP2 unit is having an exceptional QB maintaining control in the zone.   Horn-Wreck is good - for sure - but I'd like to see if having QH's exception puck control abilities could help maintain longer control in the zone - which is always a problem for that PP2 unit. 

It might diminish PP1 slightly for sure but I'm pretty confident Horn-Wreck could hold the zone well enough with all the other talent on that unit and might be the spark for PP2, which has not had much success all year.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We need to find out the hotels of these referees so we can send them up some free meals or movies.

Can also go this route

200.gif?cid=790b7611zlfg2nu46po3vghns0w8

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yes but he wasn't wrong.

It is a learning experience. They let the emotion of that game carry them away and they became focused on the wrong things. 

They played really well last game, until they fell apart in frustration. They out shot, out hit and, except for the pp, outplayed the Jets for stretches. It was by no means a bad game by them.

When it was 2-2 they were very much in it. Then the wheels fell off. That's a lesson to be learned....to not lose composure because the other team's goading them into that. Stay the course.

Personally, I'm glad they fought back but it took a toll and they got caught up in that game. Refs were ass, so that was part of it.

Yes, Vancouver let emotions get the best of them. I haven’t seen them once this year fall apart that quickly. It is a learning experience, I just hope Tocchett doesn’t use that an excuse moving forward. Reminds me of the Travis Green “that’s a good team over there” days. 

23 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Well, I looked at the schedule and compare with other teams, I figured that they could easily swap around the calendar and still make it work and making sense.   Enough said.  No excuses for not doing their due diligence.  They don't really double or triple check their own work.  I have seen the patterns of schedule for example, season opener always the same teams, around holidays, same team match-up, for example facing Detroit was on same month after the all-stars two years in a row, Flyers always after Christmas, Columbus, just before the all-star break, same thing.   They are just too lazy to actually put an effort on using different schedule every year that actually favor the Eastern teams.  This year, we just struck gold with 9 games homestand.  Could easily put a split with a quick road trip to Seattle in March but no, they choose to put it as a part of 3 games roadies this week.  Just an example of little things.  

I agree

It would be nice to understand better the whole process

Who is setting objectives and what are they?

What is the review and approval process looks like?

Is there any independent audit on the scheduling?

Schedule plays a hugely important role in a performance of any given team, but nevertheless I don’t think media pays too much attention to that.

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Man this is a terrible schedule. I didn’t realize we play tomorrow against a rested Colorado team. We almost have to win today because I can’t see them winning being tired tomorrow. At least it’s early today and later tomorrow but come on NHL. Do you actually like your players this year?

It's always tough playing at altitude in Denver anyways.  It's a real home ice advantage for the Avs and always will be.

4 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

Yes, Vancouver let emotions get the best of them. I haven’t seen them once this year fall apart that quickly. It is a learning experience, I just hope Tocchett doesn’t use that an excuse moving forward. Reminds me of the Travis Green “that’s a good team over there” days. 

Thing is, he's probably having to bite his tongue in how he really feels. Imac and Myers sort of opening up a bit about it.

That game was horribly officiated and contributed to the end result...although our pp didn't help.

So, while it's not an excuse, it's a factor. Sadly, this team doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in calls a lot of the time, so it is a learning experience. To keep calm and carry on when that happens.

He and the team know what's up. He doesn't have to show his real feelings in interviews....I'd prefer he just give them the canned responses and take the high road. It doesn't do us any good to do it any other way.

Green did that when we were awful....this team is a bit different. And they can be cut an excuse for losing a game...they've earned it. The coach isn't too concerned and I'm not sure we should be. They played a good, tough game and lost. It's ok.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

IMPORTANT GAME

SINGLE GAMES DON'T MATTER 

SCHEDULE TRASH

TERRIBLE SCHEDULING

AWWW

POOR SCHEDULE MAKERS

MILLER

TOCCHET

HERE WE ARE

gioated-family-guy.gif

You forgot

BETTMAN

ELBOW SLAM ... BETTMAN

BUTTMAN

image.gif.5a907f76978f27a22840dc22c2d5ef36.gif

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

I need an EP or garland goal for my free Timmy coffee for a week I’ll take it in any way shape or form ev pp sh en. En would be nice it would ensure a W.. although worried we only scored 4 total goals against the wild in the last 4

• Like 1