★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

The refs initially calling that a goal just confirms everything we've been saying about them.

I'm sure stawns will still find a way to say they're doing a great job and can't possibly determine the outcome of games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

I am worried about our ability to lock down games. We don’t really play a strong defensive style when we get the lead. We tend to always give up two to three goals despite still winning. Makes me nervous heading into the playoffs giving up leads and not locking things down. Up 4-1 you would hope they can lock it down and not allow anymore goals.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Confused 2

The desperation in the refs is alarming.  The urgency to get the Wild back in the game no matter how bad or corrupt it looks.  They don't seem to care. How many 2 man advantages do they give the Wild?  As many as needed to cover the spread?  This reffing is so bad it's on a completely different level.  

Edited by Pure961089

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am worried about our ability to lock down games. We don’t really play a strong defensive style when we get the lead. We tend to always give up two to three goals despite still winning. Makes me nervous heading into the playoffs giving up leads and not locking things down.

The Canucks have been absurdly good at that for the most part this year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I usually hate grousing about the refs but the end to that period was a little silly.  The good goal call was just bizarre (and they got it right of course) but the hook on Petey is a bit much. 

Problem with the call was he knew it didn’t go in just saw it in the net well after the net was dislodged but by calling it a goal it’s a huge advantage  because if the camera doesn’t catch it then the goal stands. It was also called a goal well after the play ended.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am worried about our ability to lock down games. We don’t really play a strong defensive style when we get the lead. We tend to always give up two to three goals despite still winning. Makes me nervous heading into the playoffs giving up leads and not locking things down.

Pretty hard to do when you're playing down 2 men all game long. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

dont they lead the nhl in wins going into the third period with a lead?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Wait they have to generate one.

Refs is gonna invest heavily into openAI so they can generate ai videos to justify their phantom calls. 

Edited by 24K
  • Thanks 1

The league surely must see that this is becoming a bit of a...concern?

Joke?

PLAY STOPPAGE...."GOAL"

"Wait, we're going to go ask someone if there was a goal"

"No, it was a penalty"

For what?

TBD

• Vintage 1

Just now, Pure961089 said:

The desperation in the refs is alarming.  They urgency to get the Wild back in the game no matter how bad it looks.  They don't seem to care.  They have their mandate. 

It's disgusting, I'm not usually one to believe in game fixing but this is some horse shit.

• chaos 1

Seriously now, every game feels exhausting and nothing seems to come easy anymore.

Being the top team in the league means having a bullseye on our back, and teams want to take us out at every chance they get.

With injuries and the quality of opponents ramping up in the upcoming schedule, it will  be a litmus test of this team's mental toughness over the next couple of weeks.