★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

1 minute ago, Darius said:

dont they lead the nhl in wins going into the third period with a lead?

He tends to be the first one who thinks sky is falling whenever there's a little adversity.

KNOCK ON WOOD, we haven't lost a game in regulation leading after the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Lol you're just making up shit here.. what are we, like 31-0-2 when leading after 2 periods? Yep, can't hold a lead.

We have won but not before giving up goals to make it closer than it has to be. We have to have nail biters. Just shut this down. Going to be hard with another 5 on 3.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, 1-d said:

He tends to be the first one who thinks sky is falling whenever there's a little adversity.

i have a feeling the playoffs will be hard on him.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Seriously now, every game feels exhausting and nothing seems to come easy anymore.

Being the top team in the league means having a bullseye on our back, and teams want to take us out at every chance they get.

With injuries and the quality of opponents ramping up in the upcoming schedule, it will  be a litmus test of this team's mental toughness over the next couple of weeks.

This is what the Sedins and Canucks had to deal with for a fair few years...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 1-d said:

Yeah Canucks are like 28-0, when leading after the 2nd period.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes but I am talking about shutting teams down overall. They aren’t that great at doing it. They have won it’s just I am a bit worried with our composure or lack there of. It also helps if the refs weren’t out to get us. They are still angry at Burrows!! I know it.

What part of being 31-0-2 when leading after 2 is difficult for you to understand?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Yes the sky is falling. Lol. That’s what you take from that. No panic here, I just want them to shut it down. Take my posts however you want. I don’t care.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We have won but not before giving up goals to make it closer than it has to be.

You seem to expect perfection, so you will always be disappointed as there is no such thing. The Canucks have been the best team playing with a lead this year, and the stats prove that.

Do they let in goals while winning? Yes, every team does. Teams down in games start pushing a lot harder, and teams with a lead sit back and play defensive, every team does it. Canucks are also 2nd in the NHL with 6 shutouts, and the highest out of any contender.

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We have won but not before giving up goals to make it closer than it has to be. We have to have nail biters. Just shut this down. Going to be hard with another 5 on 3.

As stated in the past....

No team just breezes through unscathed. That's very rare.

Lots of games are close. Nail biters, Teams give up leads.

It's called hockey and our team's not unique or immune to any of these things. It's harder than it looks...especially, as Myers pointed out, when you're battling 2 teams.

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

What part of being 31-0-2 when leading after 2 is difficult for you to understand?

Ok you clearly don’t get what I am referring to so there is no point in trying to help you understand. I said they have won but it’s not like we are great defensively. The team

overall isn’t great defensively doesn’t mean they can’t win and they have. It would be nice if they didn’t allow as many goals as they do to make things as close as they have to be. They do win so let’s hope they pull out another win. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

A new game....NAME THAT PENALTY.

"Speeding"

"Too much of that" (what?) "all of it"

"Not scoring when we called a goal - other team gets 2 minutes for that"

"Made you blink"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

What happened to the good ref that we saw earlier in the season, was called fairly even and now it's all that bad.  Who are they?  

That was before the 'Refs Meeting' was called a few weeks ago.😉

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok you clearly don’t get what I am referring to so there is no point I trying to help you understand. I said they have won but it’s not like we are great defensively. The team

overall isn’t great defensively doesn’t mean they can’t win and they have. It would be nice if they didn’t allow as many goals as they do to make things as close as they have to be. They do win so let’s hope they pull out another win. 

Your claim of not being great defensively does not mesh with being 31-0-2 when leading after 2 lol.