★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

52 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It's really amazing how much JT's game has developed since coming to Vancouver.  It was like

he finally found his role as a skater and not only became a better performer, but also a team

leader.  Tocc has helped him to adjust his emotions/passion to a viable level, but to appreciate

what they bring to his game.  The players know that Tocc's mission is to support each one of

them in becoming the best they can be.  He has surrounded himself with coaches/trainers

that follow the same philosophy.  Everyone working together towards the same outcome.

Bruce is a very good coach, but works better with a more seasoned group of players.  I

do think his 'fatherly' approach was helpful as a bridge between coaches (Green + Tocc).

Sorry Higgy but I thought Boudreau was a disaster in Van. I saw a lot of old school and saw little attempt to bring any coherence into the d-zone while he was here. His coaching record says he was capable so maybe I am off base. I didn’t see the vets embracing his game. The difference with Tocchet running things is like night and day. Maybe Tocchet was given more leeway and resources?

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Well this is what they are taught by tocchet on the PP they are just following orders.. RT should just give up his role on PP1.. I don’t think offence and power play is in his repertoire.. I mean what’s the point of the sedin working with pp2 that hardly even get a sniff most of the time

What are you talking about? Literally, in every interview, when asked about the power play struggles, Tocchet says that they need to move their feet instead of being static.

• Like 3

Just now, RomanPer said:

What are you talking about? Literally, in every interview, when asked about the power play struggles, Tocchet says that they need to move their feet instead of being static.

So you think they are doing the opposite of what tocchet is teaching them for over a year now from last Jan to now.. then we have a bigger issue if players are not listening to their coach at all

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So you think they are doing the opposite of what tocchet is teaching them for over a year now from last Jan to now.. then we have a bigger issue if players are not listening to their coach at all

Teams are figuring them out...happens when you're on top. They start watching film and what was effective may start being predictable, that's all. The secret's out.

Also, give credit to some great goaltending....Hellebuyck was good. It's not just about what we're (not) doing, it's what they're doing.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

You do realize that the power play struggle is only a recent thing and that most of the season the power play was doing pretty good? Do you need actual numbers or you can find them yourself?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sorry Higgy but I thought Boudreau was a disaster in Van. I saw a lot of old school and saw little attempt to bring any coherence into the d-zone while he was here. His coaching record says he was capable so maybe I am off base. I didn’t see the vets embracing his game. The difference with Tocchet running things is like night and day. Maybe Tocchet was given more leeway and resources?

Yeah I agree. The vets did embrace him though because he plays the crap out them and puts it all on their shoulders. They like it but in the end he doesn't and probably isn't even able to each anything defensively. So they get their asses handed to them in the long run. I haven't seen such a clear lack of defensive structure in the last 30 years or so. Not since the fans used to wear paper bags to the Leafs games because they were embarrassed to be seen on tv supporting such rubbish. :classic_laugh:

Wow, that's a terribly tragic event. Just read...domestic, guy with guns and lots of ammo boarded up in his home with 7 kids (aged 2-15) inside. WTF

Those poor kids are going to have some huge scars.

My goodness, those heroes who storm in to these situations...then to lose their lives. Strength and love to their families, as well as those kids.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Wow, that's a terribly tragic event. Just read...domestic, guy with guns and lots of ammo boarded up in his home with 7 kids (aged 2-15) inside. WTF

Those poor kids are going to have some huge scars.

JFC.