★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

4 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Something to keep in mind, if any team in the NHL could afford a game like this, it's the Canucks. This type of game could even be in their favor. Any thought, any idea of just cruising till the end just went out of the window for everyone in the entire organization. They didn't even play a bad game. 

no they didn’t play a bad game at all, they had a bad 5 mins and the refs gave minny the opportunity they needed, and minny powerplay cashed in where as the Canucks failed again largely because the powerplay was terrible again 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

Still waiting for Tocc's post game. I think he's going to take the high road but maybe not the players. Somewhere along the lines of...if they say anything more they're going to be punished for a third game tomorrow. 

He was trying his hardest not to cook the refs after last game. I am very interested to see his dance after this one.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Something to keep in mind, if any team in the NHL could afford a game like this, it's the Canucks. This type of game could even be in their favor. Any thought, any idea of just cruising till the end just went out of the window for everyone in the entire organization. They didn't even play a bad game. 

Very true - also if Canuck nation is seething tonight, can you imagine how JR, FA and company are feeling right now.   Anyway, hopes the team rest up and get ready for the Avs tomorrow.  Hopefully the Zebras put their whistles away for this one - enough of special teams for now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

First off let’s get this out of the way the officials were definitely punishing them for the comments after the WPG game, that’s obvious. That being said; 2 of the 5 on 3’s we’re legitimate, miller shot the puck over the glass and Blueger high sticked a guy for no reason, the other 2 were terrible calls, the league was sending a message don’t criticize the officials publicly.

de smith was garbage again that’s 3 in a row, he has to be better, need to get demko rest down the stretch and can’t have your backup costing you games.

the powerplay even though they got 2 was terrible, and when they needed one late in the third was awful, something has to change here 

I get why tochett didn’t call his timeout of the hat trick as the time to clean up should have allowed them to refocus but then they gave up 2 more right away

The 4th line needs to be better Lafferty, Aman and PDG is not working, they haven’t done anything for a while, the Canucks were most successful when they can roll 4 lines, but this line is terrible, time for some changes there 

Juulsen had another rough game, he needs to sit one out, he went a hit in the corner for no reason and took himself out of the play, then right after makes a terrible pass that ended up in the back of the net, that’s now 2 games in a row where he cost his team the game 

Was gonna post, but this whole response just nailed it. Couple things to add:

- PP just sucks right now, and it seems to be Peterson that isn’t holding his weight. The 1st PP where Peterson played in front of the net with Miller at the right circle looked good. How about take Petey off PP1 for a bit and play Hronek; Miller to Right circle. Lindholm plays Millers role well, and you could play Hronek at the point and allow Hughes to roam some more.

- DeSmith needs to spend some time with Clark; he’s in a funk. I’d send him to AHL on a conditioning stint, but I fear he’d get claimed. Guess we just need to grind out a few more games until next home stand to get some practice time.

- the only complaint I’ve had with RT is his reluctance to play some of the younger call ups. For the sake of exp for POs or seeing if they could contribute, Woo and Bains should have gotten games. Lafferty, Aman, and PDG are contributing zero right  now in minimal minutes. How could playing Bains or Podz up and down the lineup hurt for a few games. This was the perfect opportunity to get Bains some action in before the AVs (where exp MAY help). Nope…role the same old 4th line junk out for another game. Meanwhile, we still don’t know what they can do and the TDL is coming up quick.

- Concur with Juulsen. I have loved his game the last couple months, but he derailed a couple games back and hasn’t recovered. Put him up in the box for a game or two to settle down. Friedman looked good when Zad was out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, they came out with that fire. They were pissed last game.

But this is extremely piss poor level officiating.  I mean, how much can they (and we) tolerate of this bullshit?

They'll be fine....but it makes me not even want to bother. My weekend and I'm mad as hell right now. I don't mind my team losing...I just want them to have a fair shake. These refs are incompetent. Blowing the play down for a goal they thought they saw? Then a penalty to make it seem like they weren't so baffled (stupid?).

The pile up in our crease and no whistle? WTF is that? Someone's going to get hurt because they "aren't sure"? Can't see? Don't know? WTF

You're completely right. This is not what anyone wants. But hey, we are still in a much better position than I'd ever dream about to begin this season.

Imagine the room right now. Dead quiet. What a slap in the face. What a time be alive. To reconsider, to "man" up again. It's all about the playoffs at this point. Let's take this adversity, look within, come back hungry again. Come back thinking "who are we to think we are anyone?". 

If that doesn't work, this rum is really helping me. Cheers Deb, what a game by JT. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Very true - also if Canuck nation is seething tonight, can you imagine how JR, FA and company are feeling right now.   Anyway, hopes the team rest up and get ready for the Avs tomorrow.  Hopefully the Zebras put their whistles away for this one - enough of special teams for now.

If there ever was a time for frothing, it's this. Motivation. Adversity. Keep building, keep going. We are not untouchable.