★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

This is such an apologetic view point but I think it holds some truth. The Canucks have had their doubters all season long and the goal posts keep moving when they disprove the critics.

Adversity. That's the last piece of the recipe. This team, this season, needs to face adversity. Adversity came on knocking in a massive way tonight. Easy to turn negatives into positives when you're #1 in the league. 

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Anyone blaming the refs for this one have a complete lack of objectivity and therefore zero credibility on their opinions about refereeing.

Do you think the conduct of the refs even approached an acceptable standard?  Yes or no?

• Cheers 3

51 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Give me a fucking break!

Some games are just throwaways and this was one.

You think getting goaltending like that and having to battle through FOUR 5 on 3’s tells us anything? Give your head a shake.

This game was on shameful reffing and DeSmith having a rough night nothing more. The team battled their asses off and were the much better team when they weren’t shorthanded.

Thank you... 

Couldn't have said it any better myself... 

At some stage we were going to get a slap, and yet we scored 7 goals...

4 5on3s... don't think I've ever seen that before...

The play where the puck was under DeSmith and then twice covered by Lindholm, was the poorest part of the refereeing.

They all hammered away at the keeper, while 5 on 3... thought it was really poor by the ref. But shouldn't really surprised since they managed to see a good goal with the puck entering from the side of the goal...

In saying all that... the team need to stop taking weak high sticks penalties...

On to the next one... 

PS. Congrats Miller... nice hatty.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

Hey they will bounce back… 

this is a good team…

they need to get refocused on the essentials and play disciplined structured defensive hockey… and stop taking stupid penalties… 

Stop blaming reffs even if they blow dead bears…

Go Canucks go

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

• Cheers 1

Dang sucks to score 7 and lose! Didn’t know it was an early game so I didn’t get to see but I was surprised to see on the box score that the coach hung DeSmith out to dry leaving him in for all 10 goals. Should he have been pulled? Could the game had been saved if he was pulled around 6 goals against?

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I love Sat Shah....calls it like it is.

Good listening right now.

Coach wasn't willing to go off...but he is.

Sat is still very apologetic to the refs. 

Everyone in this league and media are scared shitless of the refs for some reason. 

46 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I hope the Canucks eat the $200,000 fine and criticize the reffing and allude to a fix. 

Refs took the momentum away unfortunately, a misfortunate high stick and puck over the glass, fully shifted the momentum to Minnesota. 

Who shifted the momentum, the refs, or the brutal plays by Zadorov and Miller? (I'll give you a clue, it's Zadorov and Miller ... unfortunately) Those aren't calls you can just not call subjectively.

Some people are so blinded by the Jets game and completely referee jaded that they are somehow compounding those feelings into the game today. As a ref you have to call those penalties, you can't give the Canucks players in those situations the same leeway you would with an accidental trip or something like that. If you don't understand that you simply don't understand hockey.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Dang sucks to score 7 and lose! Didn’t know it was an early game so I didn’t get to see but I was surprised to see on the box score that the coach hung DeSmith out to dry leaving him in for all 10 goals. Should he have been pulled? Could the game had been saved if he was pulled around 6 goals against?

I questioned it myself, probably a dumb move, but we have a huge game vs the Avs tomorrow & we've already been riding Demko hard.... 

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm almost scared to watch tomorrow's game. 

Could it get any worse?

It's a scheduled loss.  If they play a decent road game, then that's all I care.   They may not win, but need to play much better esp in the third if they are tied or have a lead. 

Special teams need to be better. Tonight it's tough to gauge given how many 5 on 3 and lucky bounces off skates.  But regardless, special teams vs elite teams need to be good, especially PK. 

• Cheers 1