★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

1 minute ago, Joe King said:

It's games like this that have really turned me away from the nhl.

I still follow and cheer for my team,but i'm definitely not expecting a fair shake.

Especially since bettman and his possie are over seeing the league.

My dad had season tickets since day 1 but gave up after 2012 for those same reasons.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dom said:

Lol because he had a hattrick in a game they are going to lose? 

Lindholm >>>>> Monahan

Not entirely (of course Miller had 3 goals in a game we lost so there's that) I thought Lindholm was the right move but so far I'm been underwhelmed Monahans scored 4 goals in 6 games and comparing contracts I;m just beginning to wonder lindholm doesn't  look any  better...so far

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

And to think I never thought I'd see something crazier than the, what was it, 7 minute 5 on 3 PK we had a while back?

That was twice in 3 games in SoCal. Same refs. This league is crooked as fuck. 

• Upvote 3

this game… can’t fucking believe what just happened…

this better motivate the Canucks to whoop the Avalanche…

This better galvanize them not demoralize them…

this is yet another test… yet another gut check…

Winnipeg was bad but this was worse

the combination of those two outings must light a fire in this team to take on the world with a vengeance…

let’s see what happens against the Av’s..
I need to hit the gym… man I’m so pissed atm… 5-2 becomes 7-10… not without the help of those corrupt zebras - unreal… 

• Like 1

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

That was twice in 3 games in SoCal. Same refs. This league is crooked as fuck. 

Jon McIssac has been a walking disaster the whole season. The guy need to be given the pink slip. 

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

Not here to debate the calls, as I think they did not help themselves with the over the glass and high sticking penalties

but legitimately wondering...under usual circumstances isnt this puck covered enough for a whistle?

Edit: is it because he is partly  out of the crease that they can push his leg off the puck?

Tocchet could have challenged this goalie interference call after covering up and the Wild pried it open. Who cares if we take a penalty if we got it wrong, at least challenge it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yikes! 😵‍💫 Glad I missed this one and went for a beautiful hike with the family instead.

*Woof*

Yep.  Family day outing for me so was going to watch on PVR.  Now I don’t have to.

I understand anger and doubts creeping in after a game like this but I have not changed my perception of this team.  

didn’t watch the game so not sure how bad the calls on us were.  But that many 2 man advantages in a row like that is highly unusual.  If the refs have any vendettas against us after the comments we made last game I hope they have had their fill of revenge.  

strange game overall and I hate to repeat this cliche, it’s a learning experience.  The good thing is they get back at it tmmr.  They have a chance to redeem themselves.

the other silver lining is that it allows the mgmt to see what changes they need to make before the trade deadline.  

1 hour ago, Dom said:

They're going to have 6 games in hand after tomorrow. Like I said, say what you want. 

games in hand, point %s, etc etc etc....

They need to win those games... they said the same about Kings earlier in the season... they were going to easily overtake us... bla bla bla

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

Adversity is good! Better now than in the 1st round. We obviously need to adjust. Don't learn as much from wins as losses. 

Can't blame the ref's every game even if they suck. 

Correct... what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger....

• Desmenko 1
  • MillerTime 1

39 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’ve taken shits with more intelligence than the refuse that officiates NHL games. 

My question is... How friggin' stupid, and corrupt, do you have to be, to be an NHL ref? 

That ref calling the "no goal" back looks like one of the three Stooges. Seriously. 

What a clown. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

My question is... How friggin' stupid, and corrupt, do you have to be, to be an NHL ref? 

That ref calling the "no goal" back looks like one of the three Stooges. Seriously. 

What a clown. 

JR has a lot of clout with the league.  Wondering if he’ll make a phone call after these last two games?  Officiating may still suck but at least we might get more calls go our way.  Strangely, it wasn’t this bad earlier on.  Wonder what happened?

• Cheers 1

Meh, that string of 4 PP goals doesn't happen if the refs call the obvious too many men with 3:42 left in the 2nd (unless we scored on it, at least)

And how the hell Ek doesn't get 2 for interference and the tying goal not disallowed as a result is beyond me. Utter bullshit reffing today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2