★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm still in shock. Can't believe what we just witnessed. Still processing it. Way too many mixed emotions. 

Sometimes it’s better to just walk away for a day or so.  Do sometime else.  I did that game 7 in 2011.  After Boston went up by 2.  I did not tune in to any post game shows.

i may not watch the game tmmr.  Just pvr.  Believe me, you feel much better that way

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Dizzle said:

The problem is that a couple of the penalties that put us down two men were legit… but the calls that had us down a man already were soft as all getup. 

getting those initial calls right on the refs part had a massive impact on the outcome of the game. 

edit: not to mention the fact they didn’t blow the play dead when the puck was covered. That was massive. 

Which ones are you talking about? The blatant high stick to the face with absolutely no one around to begin the mayhem? Not even a puck in sight, that certainly was 100% a penalty, as was the Miller gaffe. No question about it. The 2-man adv one in the first period was definitely of the weaker variety but it really had zero bearing on the game. They didn't score and we went up by two shortly after. 

The Petterson one we made a dumb play on the PK and were scrambling like mothrf#$kers to get back in the play while they almost scored. So I'm not sure where people are getting these phantom calls from. The referees have no leeway on those. They were bad judgements on the Canucks players behalf plain and simple.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

JR has a lot of clout with the league.  Wondering if he’ll make a phone call after these last two games?  Officiating may still suck but at least we might get more calls go our way.  Strangely, it wasn’t this bad earlier on.  Wonder what happened?

Sadly the reffing around the league sucks. It’s not just us…. Every team goes through this with these idiots 

they have carte Blanche because bettman is in denial 

I’m wondering if Myers comments hurt us and the “reffing union” is sending a message back. They seem to be the vindictive type 

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

JR has a lot of clout with the league.  Wondering if he’ll make a phone call after these last two games?  Officiating may still suck but at least we might get more calls go our way.  Strangely, it wasn’t this bad earlier on.  Wonder what happened?

Yeah, it started out fine, good energy game, then the Lindholm "roughing" penalty near the of the 1st. 

Then it went sideways from there. 

Including this game, the reffing has been "questionable" the last 3 games. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Petey yet again invisible other than one goal off a nice shot

dude wants 12 mil and whenever we need goals he’s invisible 

boston

winnipeg

tonight 

kaprizov 6 points 

And Kaprizov himself had a nasty dry spell this season already. So hold your horses. Everyone seems to think that all the 10 million+ players have no bad games. Or bad stretches of games.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Which ones are you talking about? The blatant high stick to the face with absolutely no one around to begin the mayhem? Not even a puck in sight, that certainly was 100% a penalty, as was the Miller gaffe. No question about it. The 2-man adv one in the first period was definitely of the weaker variety but it really had zero bearing on the game. They didn't score and we went up by two shortly after. 

The Petterson one we made a dumb play on the PK and were scrambling like mothrf#$kers to get back in the play while they almost scored. So I'm not sure where people are getting these phantom calls from. The referees have no leeway on those. They were bad judgements on the Canucks players behalf plain and simple.

I think I was more annoyed by the length of time the refs let the scramble go in front of the net, I don't believe the ref had sight of the puck in all that, and going on that long I thought could lead to a dangerous situation. But maybe he did see the puck the whole time, dunno. Just seemed like it could have ended up with someone hurt. 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Sometimes it’s better to just walk away for a day or so.  Do sometime else.  I did that game 7 in 2011.  After Boston went up by 2.  I did not tune in to any post game shows.

i may not watch the game tmmr.  Just pvr.  Believe me, you feel much better that way

Yeah, I just came back from the gym. Feel better already. I try to minimize my time in PGTs after losses. Not healthy. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

Why not both. 

Because that's dumb. Joshua isn't a savior. He's a decent player on a hot streak. Who was scratched early this year. He will probably have a weak stretch again in the future and get the Mikeyev treatment by people like you. And he could very well get a new contract and then have a weak stretch and be one of the most hated players on the team #remindmeofthis in 2 years.

Im not too hot on him now, and not too cold when that time comes

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yeah, I just came back from the gym. Feel better already. I try to minimize my time in PGTs after losses. Not healthy. 

Have you guys tried the BetterHelp app? Sounds like you both may benefit from it.

7 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Sadly the reffing around the league sucks. It’s not just us…. Every team goes through this with these idiots 

they have carte Blanche because bettman is in denial 

I’m wondering if Myers comments hurt us and the “reffing union” is sending a message back. They seem to be the vindictive type 

Don't know why the whole league is under the thumb of the reffing union. Absurd. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

Blue going rogue? Gets mad when people say so and so sucks but wants DeSmith waived hahahahaha

He was sarcastic cause of my earlier comment. 

I can't defend a .68 sv%

What rubbed me are the three goals he let in right after the tying goal. That is inexcusable and deserves a demotion. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think I was more annoyed by the length of time the refs let the scramble go in front of the net, I don't believe the ref had sight of the puck in all that, and going on that long I thought could lead to a dangerous situation. But maybe he did see the puck the whole time, dunno. Just seemed like it could have ended up with someone hurt. 

Looked to me like it was clearly covered at one point.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing stopping or complaining about the officiating in (A particular game.) The league will have no choice

but to look into it.  FFS; it only can make the game better, right. 

Long long ago, there was a strike (job stoppage) of the referees. The NHL brought in, what most call scabs) to conclude a season.

Know what? It was a wee bit worse, but not much. These Zebras in Dallas were the worst I've seen.  The Canucks surly made some errors but not that many.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it maybe just an anomaly today, but if it wasn't our back-up goal tending isn't good enough for a long playoff run if he has to back up Demko

more then 1 or 2 games. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

He was sarcastic cause if my earlier comment. 

I can't defend a .68 sv%

What rubbed me are the three goals he let in right after the tying goal. That is inexcusable and deserves a demotion. 

He's been god damn awful as of late. I'd be looking for a backup if I was Allvin too. 

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

So we went from winning 5-3 at the end of the second period to being down 8-7 and then letting in 2 empty net goals to make it 10-7. 

WOW.

What a horrible game by the Canucks. Worst third period ever I think. 

One of the worst reffed games ever for sure. Shades of SJ and LA 7 minute ones. 

• Cheers 1