★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Because that's dumb. Joshua isn't a savior. He's a decent player on a hot streak. Who was scratched early this year. He will probably have a weak stretch again in the future and get the Mikeyev treatment by people like you. And he could very well get a new contract and then have a weak stretch and be one of the most hated players on the team #remindmeofthis in 2 years.

Have a fatty and chill. 

17 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Petey yet again invisible other than one goal off a nice shot

dude wants 12 mil and whenever we need goals he’s invisible 

boston

winnipeg

tonight 

kaprizov 6 points 

Erickson ek 6 points 

boldy and zucarello 4 points 

miller 4 points 

Petey 1 goal and invisible the whole game 

Yes he puts up points, but not when we NEED them desperately 

you want to get paid like the greats, you have to be a difference maker when it MATTERS AND WHEN ITS HARD…

he should not be getting more money than Miller 

every night I see QH trying to make a difference, not the same for Petey 

not worth 12 mil 

He is brutally overrated.JT Miller's proving again and again to be a much more valuable player than him

1 hour ago, 24K said:

The refs. None of parade to the penalty box start if they didn't botch the Lindhom call. 

Actually think it all started with the missed interference by Myers on the 1st goal... after that, they were dying to give a make up call, to even it out....

I'll tell you what...

I feel really sorry for the players. I think I understand how they are feeling now.

When I play basketball back in Soviet Union in 70-x 80-x , our team was more often then not on the receiving end of bad calls. It was totally corrupted society and our team from provincial Kharkiv played against teams from bid cities like Moscow, Tbilisi, Kiev, etc. And I know how you feel when you understand that no matter how hard you try, you still have no chance to win.

Imagine NHL players who spent the whole life trying to get into NHL, to be the best of the best, and then you see that all your hard work is nothing and the outcome of the game was decided not by a fare competition , but by some scumbag. I remember a famous moment from 1972 summit , when Stan Mikita (? not sure, maybe somebody else) almost hit a ref from Finland with his stick. It was a healthy reaction of a frustrated player.

I am really afraid that last two game was a clear message to Canucks organization  from top of NHL, like a warning - don't even think about something big, know your place in this world.

Sorry for the rant, I am still less then two week from my surgery and, therefore, can't drink, so I had to let it fly. Bear with me. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Not even close to that bad. Thanks.

People are misinterpreting my posts. I'm sure it's helpful though 

Yeah, you already have your Straitjacket, so you should be fine! (half kidding!) 😆

• Haha 1

Tough game. DeSmith wasn't his best, neither were our special teams. Yeah, we got a rough ride by the refs but our PK still bled goals. 

Minny's top players came to play too, Ek, Kaprizov, Boldy, and Zuccarello all had impressive games. They'll ever trade Ek but we sure could use a player like him, although I suppose we have one now in Lindholm. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yes/no. At 5-2 weathering a 5on4 and 5on3 penalty is fine….its the 4x5-3s that kills. It killed everything.

RT shoulda took a timeout after the last 5on3 goal to get everybody back on task to close out the 5on4. 

once again, as someone posted, this is just not all on the refs. The Blueger and Miller penalties you have to call; we need to eliminate those from our game. To many high sticks in the last few games; they always get called.

This is actually a very good take... 

Something that hasn't been mentioned......, as the goals started raining in, a timely timeout would or could have been beneficial...

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Actually think it all started with the missed interference by Myers on the 1st goal... after that, they were dying to give a make up call, to even it out....

The refs were total pucktards. 

They missed the first interference call against a Minny player, (which should've been a penalty against the Canucks) before that play with Myers where Cole scored. 

Shit reffing. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'm really beginning to wonder just how much the players loved Kuzmenko- don't seem the same since he left.

The stretch where we lost 1 and won 1 was without Saucy. Then things settled down when he came back. Now here we are again 

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

He is brutally overrated. 

Utterly daft comment. Petey had 4 points the other night. And took over a game. We lead the league. How do we manage to do that if Petey is brutally overrated compared to others ?

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drdeath said:

This was called to give the Wild a 5 on 3 power play. For fun I started counting the number of times Wild players made this much contact on Canucks that didnt have the puck in the thid period without a penalty being called and I gave up once i hit 10:

Yup, that was a weaker call and I made a comment about such at the time. Had zero bearing on the game though. We killed it off and scored shortly after. I have yet to see any evidence that the other calls weren't warranted but such is the sad lot of complainers on this site that reality has completely flown out the window now and one bad call means everything is being called incorrectly on the poor little Canucks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1