★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

35 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, that was a weaker call and I made a comment about such at the time. Had zero bearing on the game though. We killed it off and scored shortly after. I have yet to see any evidence that the other calls weren't warranted but such is the sad lot of complainers on this site that reality has completely flown out the window now and one bad call means everything is being called incorrectly on the poor little Canucks. 

Stop.

Your take is no better than the rest of ours. We all have opinions and those who don't share yours aren't wrong because of it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I'd suggest Lindholms roughing call is bs.... and still fail to fathom, why the play isn't stopped with DeSmith laying on the puck...

Other than that I think its all penalties, while I think Peteys hooking is soft, bearing in mind we were on the PK and already had 2 5on3s...

In the end we still shouldn't have conceded 7 goals in the 3rd...

Back on the horse, and learn from this... Stupid penalties cost us....

I thought the Zadorov hold was weak. Unless I'm mistaken, that was what began the streak of consecutive 5 on 3s

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

LMAO I went out for the day when the score was 4-2. Figured nux had it in the bag!!

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

What the fuck happened? Whhyyyyyyy

The Canucks and early games just don't work nicely together for whatever reason

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Stop.

Your take is no better than the rest of ours. We all have....opinions and those who don't share yours aren't wrong.

Just ignore him. He is one of those people who like to pretend he is better than everyone else cause he is 'rationale' / tow the company line. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Which ones are you talking about? The blatant high stick to the face with absolutely no one around to begin the mayhem? Not even a puck in sight, that certainly was 100% a penalty, as was the Miller gaffe. No question about it. The 2-man adv one in the first period was definitely of the weaker variety but it really had zero bearing on the game. They didn't score and we went up by two shortly after. 

The Petterson one we made a dumb play on the PK and were scrambling like mothrf#$kers to get back in the play while they almost scored. So I'm not sure where people are getting these phantom calls from. The referees have no leeway on those. They were bad judgements on the Canucks players behalf plain and simple.

The Zadorov call was weak as all get out. Then blueger gets the (very legitimate) high stick infraction that puts us down two men. That’s followed by a questionable hooking call on Petey followed by a legit call on Miller. 

pretty much exactly what I already said. In the grand scheme of things there were at least two - at the very least - debatable calls that ended up seeing us put down two men when the refs had to call legit penalties within the next minute or so. I don’t know how anyone watching that wasn’t frustrated with the refs in that process. They had an unnecessary impact on the outcome of the game which is exactly what you don’t want to happen (for either team). 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'm really beginning to wonder just how much the players loved Kuzmenko- don't seem the same since he left.

Dunno, Flames players all seem to love him though 

They're in a weird spot where they'll likely be sellers but they're within striking distance of a playoff spot

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames/andrei-kuzmenko-locker-room-fave-flames

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

Petey yet again invisible other than one goal off a nice shot

dude wants 12 mil and whenever we need goals he’s invisible 

boston

winnipeg

tonight 

kaprizov 6 points 

Erickson ek 6 points 

boldy and zucarello 4 points 

miller 4 points 

Petey 1 goal and invisible the whole game 

Yes he puts up points, but not when we NEED them desperately 

you want to get paid like the greats, you have to be a difference maker when it MATTERS AND WHEN ITS HARD…

he should not be getting more money than Miller 

every night I see QH trying to make a difference, not the same for Petey 

not worth 12 mil 

I love Petey. But he is not worth that level of salary. We can’t maintain a competitive team long term by overpaying. Not in the salary cap era. 

I would agree that he isn’t worth more than Miller and Hughes. Still a great player that I would love to retain, but not at those dollars.

If he wants anything close to that, you trade him for an asset (or assets) that will keep us competitive now and into the future. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

4 2 man advantages in one game !

🤣

IDGAF 7 3rd period GA block a fucking shot. Garland was the only fwd who had any skin in the game once again. Bunch of pussies looking at you MIK

Game Log Skating
Date Opp Score Type G A Pts +/- PIM Hits Blk PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG S S% FOW FOL FO% TOI
Feb 19 @MIN Reg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 0 1 0.0 15:37
  • Like 2

Had to work today but I saw the final score & had to go back to see how it happened... Pretty crazy stuff.

Four 2 man advantages, a few bad bounces against, a critical lul in play from our guys (not the best stretch for Juulsen).

Atleast they didn't give up, hopefully they are pissed & ready to make it a 1 off tomo. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 24K said:

I want to see DeSmith on waivers tomorrow. 

A horrible take. He’s played great for us on many many occasions and only struggled for a brief part of today’s game. Quit yer crying and accept that shit isn’t always gonna go our way ffs

Edited by Steamer4GM
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

They make some mistakes like regular people. I guess maybe they could have blown that dead in your perfect world. Sure, I could tell where the puck was myself and I didn't have any problem with it though. What I did have a problem with was the stupid penalty that put us in that situation to begin with.

Your logic doesn't make any sense in your haste to be angry. They got the non goal correct did they not, and the penalty was called long before they had even called it a goal? He didn't get a penalty for them almost missing that? Do you know how ludicrous that sounds? It's hard to take you seriously when you're getting all constantly mad at the refs and then come up with crazy stuff like this to justify your rants.

I call bs on that one. Even with the multiple camera angles we are afforded on tv/video replay, it was hard to keep track of the puck. But you think that the Refs, at ice level with maybe 2 angles (one from each ref) had no problem tracking the puck. Lol. NFW.

And in @-dlc- defence, the refs sucked. If you cant see that, then you are irrational.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Steamer4GM said:

You’re a horrible fan. He’s played great for us on many many occasions and only struggled for a brief part of today’s game. Quit yer crying and accept that shit isn’t always gonna go our way ffs

If it is just this game, fine. Problem is it has been this way since 2024. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I love Petey. But he is not worth that level of salary. We can’t maintain a competitive team long term by overpaying. Not in the salary cap era. 

I would agree that he isn’t worth more than Miller and Hughes. Still a great player that I would love to retain, but not at those dollars.

If he wants anything close to that, you trade him for an asset (or assets) that will keep us competitive now and into the future. 

Honestly Hughes & Miller are underpaid.

Miller is worth 9+ & Hughes is worth 12-13 easily. Peteys definitely a 10M+ guy imo but how far over 10 is the question

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Stop.

Your take is no better than the rest of ours. We all have opinions and those who don't share yours aren't wrong because of it.

Reffing was poor but fighting adversity and handling pressure was the issue. Tochett said the same thing so you sort of have to listen to what the coach is saying is the problem since he coaches the team. I agree with his assessment. They aren’t handling adversity or pressure well. they need to learn and fix this issue.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Reffing was poor but fighting adversity and handling pressure was the issue. Tochett said the same thing so you sort of have to listen to what the coach is saying is the problem since he coaches the team. I agree with his assessment. They aren’t handling adversity or pressure well. they need to learn and fix this issue.

image.gif.e50514e21ea13ae8107e58d2fc0520c6.gif

• Upvote 1