★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Still gotta go for the win, I think not pulling him was a mistake but not taking a time out was a much bigger mistake.

Giving Demko rest is much more important right now.

DeSmith needs to play full games for better or worse.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

Let me talk real slow 4W-3L 

That’s ridiculous not all losses are the same.

You can’t say a shootout loss is the same as a regulation loss.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

Let me talk real slow 4W-3L 

You are clearly slow, so your speech speed reflects the overall state of mind.

Where all of you, negative Nancies, are hiding when Canucks are winning? Go back to that same place now.

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

You are clearly slow, so your speech speed reflects the overall state of mind.

Where all of you, negative Nancies, are hiding when Canucks are winning? Go back to that same place now.

Are OT wins not wins? Loser points are loser points. 

Edited by Hammertime

Just now, DeNiro said:

Giving Demko rest is much more important right now.

DeSmith needs to play for games for better or worse.

Perhaps everyone would want Spencer Martin back?

DeSmith had a horrible game. No question. But he has 7 wins, 3 losses and 5 OT losses. Has currently a 2.74 GAA and .906 save percentage.

But he's been a far better backup than anything we had last year.

Every team has a crap game. This was worse than most.

Learn from it. Get the defence a bit tighter. I'm hoping the coaches are watching the game recorded digitally. The penalties were nuts.

I have never seen so many 5 on 3 against I don't think ever.

The team needs to play smarter, more disciplined. The past two games in my view was a lot of BS calls.

Time to regroup and everyone needs to do better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

I'll tell you what...

I feel really sorry for the players. I think I understand how they are feeling now.

When I play basketball back in Soviet Union in 70-x 80-x , our team was more often then not on the receiving end of bad calls. It was totally corrupted society and our team from provincial Kharkiv played against teams from bid cities like Moscow, Tbilisi, Kiev, etc. And I know how you feel when you understand that no matter how hard you try, you still have no chance to win.

Imagine NHL players who spent the whole life trying to get into NHL, to be the best of the best, and then you see that all your hard work is nothing and the outcome of the game was decided not by a fare competition , but by some scumbag. I remember a famous moment from 1972 summit , when Stan Mikita (? not sure, maybe somebody else) almost hit a ref from Finland with his stick. It was a healthy reaction of a frustrated player.

I am really afraid that last two game was a clear message to Canucks organization  from top of NHL, like a warning - don't even think about something big, know your place in this world.

Sorry for the rant, I am still less then two week from my surgery and, therefore, can't drink, so I had to let it fly. Bear with me. 

I wish you the best for your surgery.  I sure hope that’s not the case and that we can just chalk it up to poor officiating.  What I’d like to see is more accountability and transparency from the league.  Some sports have scrums after the game where the refs get a chance to explain their calls or the chance to admit their mistakes.  I think hockey is the most difficult game to ref but there are alot of things they can improve on

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

That's fucking bullshit. TBH. 

Our PP could have scored they didn't theirs did. Our PK could have killed they didn't theirs did. Sure the refs suck they always do. I don't care if we play'd the entire 3rd short handed our PK can't let in 7.  

But we did score on the pp?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I love Petey. But he is not worth that level of salary. We can’t maintain a competitive team long term by overpaying. Not in the salary cap era. 

I would agree that he isn’t worth more than Miller and Hughes. Still a great player that I would love to retain, but not at those dollars.

If he wants anything close to that, you trade him for an asset (or assets) that will keep us competitive now and into the future. 

This is all irrelevant. We are sighning Petey. Because there's literally nobody to take his place in the entire league. Nobody is going to trade a better player than him to us. They are not available. And there won't be anything in free agency better than him for the money. 

This fantasy world of signing Petey for less than Nylander doesn't exist. The fantasy world of having other options doesn't exist either.