★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

17 minutes ago, Reg said:

Couple of things. Every team whines due to issues with the officiating and the law of averages makes me believe a percentage of their concerns must be valid.  Second, a question of media integrity is one thing but it sounds to me like you're suggesting the sports media are essentially intimated by the NHL. I really want to believe there is a way to shine more light on this aspect of the pro-game and gain some level of transparency about how officials can impact outcomes. \

Am I totally naive to think fans should be able to coordinate their voice to attract attention to this matter?

I like your thinking, but the problem is they don't care.

They're deaf dumb and blind because all that matters is $$$$

They don't care about integrity, if they did things would have changed after the Bertuzzi incident. Was just smoke and mirrors.

If they were hurt in the wallet, they'd care. But there's not enough of us to make an impact. It's sad.

Most of this negativity is unwarranted. Nucks win this kind of game 9/10, just no puck luck tonight. Sure the officiating was bad but nothing more than usual. It's been like that for a while and this will continue until the Nucks are dethroned. It's the NHL business model--can't have runaway teams, unless is an emerging Market.

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. It’s not like they have a choice.

To me this is a message to Rutherford and Allvin. Load up on every pk forward and D man you can get your hands on.

Expect and plan for crooked NHL officiating and make it much harder to rig games.

Not to mention crooked scheduling - 10AM games starting back East for us and just found out the Bruins game this Saturday is at 4PM our time.  What next - 12 noon game our time. 

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Oh God, let’s not turn this thread into a political discussion. That’s all we need after today’s game. 😂

Sorry, I hate politics and usually don’t bring it up, just happened to be talking about him with a good friend who worked with him in Whistler and reminded me what an ass he is.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is all irrelevant. We are sighning Petey. Because there's literally nobody to take his place in the entire league. Nobody is going to trade a better player than him to us. They are not available. And there won't be anything in free agency better than him for the money. 

This fantasy world of signing Petey for less than Nylander doesn't exist. The fantasy world of having other options doesn't exist either. 

Other peoples opinions are not irrelevant. Just like the rest of what you said is your opinion and not absolutes.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Power-Forward said:

Tocchet will hold the players accountable.  Don’t worry.  

He had some very hard comments about the team's penalties being lazy stick penalties. I think the issue is more about the bad penalties than the actual game. Cause 5 on 5 I thought we were clearly better. But you give up four 5 on 3s and you're gonna get cooked by AHL teams at that point. And not every single penalty against us was just a phantom call. The game isn't worth overreacting to. Cut down on giving the refs ammo, and be a bit better on the PK. Also lets be real. DeSmith let in a couple softies. I really don't think the team was so bad you gotta cook them. But there are things we need to be better about. The score makes this game look worse than it was. Miller was overall pretty positive about the team 5 on 5. If he's chill, I am chill.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

The officiating wasn’t even that bad. I don’t get the whining on here.

The team needs to take a long look at the PK and stop playing the blame game.

The team wasn’t blaming anyone and yes, the officiating was extremely bad.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

You missed the phantom goal they called?

3 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Did you like the roughing call?

If that's roughing, my Grandma's in big trouble and should be in the box. Tosslin' our hair and all. Cheek pinches. What a thug.

Did you see the puck under DeSmith's pads too?

It wasn't that bad "in your opinion". Some others see it differently.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Homers, lots of them here. They are quick to blame them instead of piss poor performance of late. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Lol.

Yep cause handing out FOUR 5 on 3’s in a game is so common.

Playing devils advocate is cute, but not now.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Did you like the roughing call?

If that's roughing, my Grandma's in big trouble and should be in the box. Tosslin' our hair and all. Cheek pinches. What a thug.

Did you see the puck under DeSmith's pads too?

It wasn't that bad "in your opinion". Some others see it differently.

Yes reffing was an issue but so was the lack of being able to handle adversity and having composure. Overcoming these issues will be key moving forward as I feel the team will always get the short end of the stick. I am not kidding the league has something against the franchise ever since the Burrows incident. They need to overcome more than just the teams they are facing but that’s what will make victories feel so much better. Overcoming adversity! Imagine winning the cup knowing they overcame crap calls and bad officiating at the same time.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82