★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I like your thinking, but he problem is they don't care.

They're deaf dumb and blind because all that matters is $$$$

They don't care about integrity, if they did things would have changed after the Bertuzzi incident. Was just smoke and mirrors.

If they were hurt in the wallet, they'd care. But there's not enough of us to make an impact. It's sad.

I hear you, money motivates, however just for a moment imagine the power of your voice as one of thousands of fans representing all cities in the NHL.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Homers, lots of them here. They are quick to blame them instead of piss poor performance of late. 

The refs had an impact on the game and that shouldn’t happen, it’s not the only reason they lost but definitely one of the reasons. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Homers, lots of them here. They are quick to blame them instead of piss poor performance of late. 

You are on a website called Canucks Fan Forum..... 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Reg said:

I hear you, money motivates, however just for a moment imagine the power of your voice as one of thousands of fans representing all cities in the NHL.

The NHL still won't care if it doesn't hurt their bottom line. You need thousands to boycott and hurt their wallets. 

$ is the only thing they care about. 

Edited by 24K

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol.

Yep cause handing out FOUR 5 on 3’s in a game is so common.

Playing devils advocate is cute, but not now.

It's clear that this team's goal is to win the Stanley Cup. If it weren't, we wouldn't be going all-in on the likes of Lindholm. 

If we play like we did today, we aren't winning it. Sometimes some introspection is also warranted. 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well yeah...if you're not a homer you're probably a troll or a Leafs fan.

So pick your poison. And add something to the topic that isn't inflammatory.

Been a fan since 1994. Been to over 150 games. Definitely NOT a leafs fan or troll. People blame the refs for every loss generally. Funny thing is if you visit other forms for other teams, they do the same thing. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

You are on a website called Canucks Fan Forum..... 

Coming in here to call people homers. Thanks for coming out. Not a great conversation starter, but fill your boots I guess.

• Sad 1

Just now, Guntrix said:

It's clear that this team's goal is to win the Stanley Cup. If it weren't, we wouldn't be going all-in on the likes of Lindholm. 

If we play like we did today, we aren't winning it. Sometimes some introspection is also warranted. 

Well yeah DeSmith was shit.

PP is more than dog shit.

PK well not much you can do having FOUR 5 on 3s.

• -AJ- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Been a fan since 1994. Been to over 150 games. Definitely NOT a leafs fan or troll. People blame the refs for every loss generally. Funny thing is if you visit other forms for other teams, they do the same thing. 

I don’t blame the refs because you can either cave and give in to the moments handed to you

or you can overcome them. I mean think about it, if they didn’t have that 5 minute stretch and played hard the way they did when they made it 8-7. They would have won but they sort of felt defeated and felt sorry for themselves rather than as Tochett says meet pressure with pressure. They could have used the situation to fuel their will to win. Us against the world mentality and we won’t let them win. Instead they did the opposite.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

A reminder:

4. You will not abuse the moderators.

Inflammatory or abusive behaviour towards moderators is forbidden. If you have an issue with a moderator's actions, need clarification on a moderator's decision, or want to make a suggestion please private the administrator here, or post in the Suspension, Warning, and Moderation Feedback forum here.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Are we flexing? By my calculation I’ve been to more Canucks games than 94% of all the players that have played for them

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

The NHL still won't care of it doesn't hurt their bottom line. You need thousands to boycott and hurt their wallets. 

$ is the only thing they care about. 

Thanks, I'll take that as a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

I actually think they would win the cup with play like today. Today's bad puck/stick luck was an aberration. The Nucks played well.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

On the day that the refs call FOUR 5 on 3’s in the playoffs get back to me.

Otherwise I’ll just chalk this up to another fixed regular season game by the refs.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Are we flexing? By my calculation I’ve been to more Canucks games than 94% of all the players that have played for them

Not really. Just frustrated with with the outcome. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Reg said:

Thanks, I'll take that as a challenge.

Oh right, guess a class action lawsuits from sports books or sports gamblers also would force nhl to clean their act. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

I actually think they would win the cup with play like today. Today's bad puck/stick luck was an aberration. The Nucks played well.

Thats really being lost in all this.

The Canucks we’re dominant when things were left 5 on 5.

People can say well be more disciplined, or be better on the pk and blah blah blah. Bottom line is the Canucks were the far better team until the refs stepped in. And don’t be naive if you don’t think this was a direct response for Myers criticism.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

Watching that game was a dreadful experience in many ways.  Time to let it die in the past

and get ready for a good game tomorrow.  I have faith in the team coaches that know each

players' strength and weaknesses better than any anyone.  They have a much clearer picture

of what went wrong for the Canucks (and I'll bet they have a few things to work on).

This was an important game for the team.  Things can turn quickly and put you off your game

at the drop of a dime.  It's a tough lesson and will take some time to heal from the bruised egos.

The stopped playing at one point and that has to be taken to task and fixed.  Never give up!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Not really. Just frustrated with with the outcome. 

So you arrive calling us homers.

Not a great way to start off. We're all frustrated, but let's try to be kinder.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

On the day that the refs call FOUR 5 on 3’s in the playoffs get back to me.

Otherwise I’ll just chalk this up to another fixed regular season game by the refs.

Ok but it’s not a guarantee the other team is going to score. They could have still played hard and won. You can’t tell

me that after they made it 6-5. They played hard. They let even more goals go in and played terrible defensively. It wasn’t a for sure they were going to score. The odds were against them but you can overcome things. I think that’s what Tochett is talking about when he says they didn’t  handle pressure or adversity well.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

14 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

The officiating wasn’t even that bad. I don’t get the whining on here.

The team needs to take a long look at the PK and stop playing the blame game.

4   5 on 3's in a row like that is extremely rare.  Usually the 2nd penalty has to be a very egregious one but in this game they weren't ( save for the delay of game one).  Then the play where the puck was basically smothered for 3 seconds but the play was allowed to go on, that one was bad and it directly led to the tying goal.  Lindholm penalty wasn't even a penalty,  bad call on that one.  No, not all the ref's fault but it was a factor.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Just keep hounding the media and try to get them to make it a story.

Honestly probably won’t help much because national Leafs media will just say we’re whining. Even though they “whine” about the same thing.

No one in the media actually has the integrity to call out NHL reffing for what it is. It happened in the NBA and they at least tried to clean it up. 

Appreciate the feedback. May I ask you for a Coles Notes summary of the NBA experience, or where I can educate myself on this topic?