★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

Just now, DeNiro said:

You’re not understanding momentum then.

Any team would be shell shocked after that horrendous display by the refs. Like Myers said last game, it felt like we were playing two teams.

After the shock wore off they pushed really hard and didn’t fold. Could have even tied it. When you’re facing that much tilted ice it’s hard to stay resilient though.

Nailed it.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re not understanding momentum then.

Any team would be shell shocked after that horrendous display by the refs. Like Myers said last game, it felt like we were playing two teams.

After the shock wore off they pushed really hard and didn’t fold. Could have even tied it. When you’re facing that much tilted ice it’s hard to stay resilient though.

Well the coach seems to think they can because he’s been there before. He is the one saying they need to do it if they want to go far. He mentioned adversity and composure. He is the one with experience. You saying you get it better than he does? I know I don’t  but he’s not blaming the refs. He’s keeping his team accountable. Which is a sign of a good coach.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

What I loved about this game, Miller, Petey, and Brock all scored. they are back on the game. Looking forward to tomorrow, the flight landed in Denver 2 hours ago and I bet they all forgot about todays game by now.

Air Canada

Air Canada 7037

LANDED 2 HOURS 28 MINUTES AGO

MSPMINNEAPOLIS, MN
DENDENVER, CO
MONDAY 19-FEB-202405:34PM CST
(on time)
MONDAY 19-FEB-202406:10PM MST
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well the coach seems to think they can because he’s been there before. He is the one saying they need to do it if they want to go far.

We’ve seen some bad reffing in the playoffs but you’ll never see anything quite like that.

Im not too worried about it. This team played hard today but couldn’t beat both teams despite a solid push.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but it’s not a guarantee the other team is going to score. They could have still played hard and won. You can’t tell

me that after they made it 6-5. They played hard. They let even more goals go in and played terrible defensively. It wasn’t a for sure they were going to score. The odds were against them but you can overcome things. I think that’s what Tochett is talking about when he says they haven’t handled pressure or adversity well.

Well it doesn't help DeSmith gifted 3 glorious softies right after the penalty parade. By that time DeSmith is shell shocked.  

He should have been pulled if not for the b2b. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We’ve seen some bad reffing in the playoffs but you’ll never see anything quite like that.

Im not too worried about it. This team played hard today but couldn’t beat both teams despite a solid push.

I agree with you the reffing was poor. I just never want to say it’s ok to give up because you were screwed. I think that is the point Tochett is trying to convey. 

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Well it doesn't help DeSmith gifted 3 glorious softies right after the penalty parade. By that time DeSmith is shell shocked.  

He should have been pulled if not for the b2b. 

Yes I agree. There also should have been a timeout at some point. You save it but then he never used it anyway. Only critique I have really. I know he was trying to save Demko for the next game so I will give him a break on that one but why no timeout?

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well the coach seems to think they can because he’s been there before. He is the one saying they need to do it if they want to go far. He is the one with experience. You saying you get it better than he does? I know I don’t  but he’s not blaming the refs. He’s keeping his team accountable. Which is a sign of a good coach.

No kidding, if I was coach I’d focus on what we could control and not harp on the reffing because it would only be damaging to the team and result in a fine but I’m a fan so I don’t have that responsibility and am free to question the professionalism of the officiating.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I agree with you the reffing was poor. I just never want to say it’s ok to give up because you were screwed. I think that is the point Tochett is trying to convey. 

I mean how much “screwing can you take”? 😂

Like when you keep getting up from the mat and the refs just keep knocking you down what are you supposed to do?

I get wanting the never say die attitude (which they had by the way) but todays circumstances were too much for any team.

Getting that many bad calls on the road in a morning game with a tough game tomorrow in the back of your mind. None of these are normal circumstances that a team has to battle through.

• Cheers 1

I don’t think I have ever seen a game taken over by the referees like this one.

Some were bad calls, some legit.  But they took a hard line with Vancouver and it seemed like retaliation of some sort.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like when you keep getting up from the mat and the refs just keep knocking you down what are you supposed to do?

I get wanting the never say die attitude (which they had by the way) but todays circumstances were too much for any team.

Getting that many bad calls on the road in a morning game with a tough game tomorrow in the back of your mind. None of these are normal circumstances that a team has to battle through.

I am happy Tochett isn’t letting them use it as an excuse. He’s setting a higher standard which is great. He wants them to work no matter what. I love the standards he’s setting. I guess the next few weeks will tell us if they have learned anything. If they haven’t more changes might be coming. If they can’t handle pressure it might be a sign they need a few more players who can. Tomorrow is another game where it could be easy to not show up because your

tired and your facing a rested team. You just got embarrassed and you can either respond or give in. Another pressure game tomorrow. How will they respond?

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Do you really think the team cares as much about the fucked up refs as we do? No. They move on and are focused on the next game by now. I mean, its tomorrow.

Maybe we can move on from this conversation too, and be happy our top 6 is scoring again

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am happy Tochett isn’t letting them use it as an excuse. He’s setting a higher standard which is great. He wants them to work no matter what. I love the standards he’s setting. I guess the next few weeks will tell us if they have learned anything. If they haven’t more changes might be coming. If they can’t handle pressure it might be a sign they need a few more players who can. Tomorrow is another game where it could be easy to not show up because your

tired and your facing a rested team. You just got embarrassed and you can either respond or give in. Another pressure game tomorrow.

Easily the best post you’ve made so far👍

5 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Do you really think the team cares as much about the fucked up refs as we do? No. They move on and are focused on the next game by now. I mean, its tomorrow.

Maybe we can move on from this conversation too, and be happy our top 6 is scoring again

Knowing the competitors they are yea they’re probably still pissed.

And that’s fine, use that fire for tomorrow!

thinking about the big guys on D...how are they supposed to hit when most hits they dish out will be contacting shoulder and head and even if they crouch down a little to drive a shoulder they likely are seen to be targeting...this is going to be an issue in the playoffs......otherwise clean hits changing the outcome....

5 hours ago, 24K said:

The refs. None of parade to the penalty box start if they didn't botch the Lindhom call. 

Completely illogical. A bad penalty call early in the first period caused them to take 4 dumb penalties in succession at the end of the second and third? That makes zero sense.