★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

I hope this acts as a wake up call. I'm not saying the Canucks played bad or the officiating wasn't horrendous... but we are susceptible to losing any type of game. Just stay even keeled and play your game. We are still number 1.

DeSmith has been bad, but he was mentally crippled this game.

This was the Wild's Stanley Cup, so they can enjoy it.

Team doesn't seem to be able to persevere, but I think we'd win this game with Demko.

Embarrassing, but hopefully we start to play playoff hockey from here on in.

Tocchet needed to call a timeout to regather the troops as well.

Edited by c00kies
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Pears said:

I need Tocchet to take the fine and call these pieces of shit out for their incredibly blatant agendas here. Absolutely disgusting display and a complete embarrassment to hockey. Anyone who even tries to defend this shit should turn their fan card in. 

Ok I agree but shouldn’t it have said more about the team had they fought to find a way to win after 6-5. After that they just rolled over until it was too little too late.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think the problem is obvious.

We need to bring back the 'there it is' emoji.

Pretty simple fix really.

And the damn LE whaaa?  So many times I could have used that lately.  Come on admin. The elephant is old news.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Worst game of the season 

Need to regroup in a hurry.  

First time Nux blew 2 goal lead in regulation after two.  

Complacency won't win you anything.  

Refs sucked, but Nux didn't help themselves with unforced errors.  

Move on and win tomorrow. 

I'm never doing a GDT thread again this season.  Sorry, it's on me. 

Not your fault, fucked up starttime, bad refs, terrible collapse, bad call to not put demko in but good late fight.

• Cheers 2

@Wing

Going to be really interesting to hear RT and players comments after this one.

Tocc held back his comments last game. I am very curious as well. 

Are those 5 on 3 calls on us truly warranted? I need a non Canuck fan's opinion...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Zadorov high stick to the face and the Miller over the glass are 100% penalties, 100% of the time, so yeah. Absolutely warranted. I don't how anyone in the world could even attempt to argue otherwise.

• Vintage 1

Just now, kilgore said:

And the damn LE whaaa?  So many times I could have used that lately.  Come on admin. The elephant is old news.

I have never used the Elephant..

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

First star of the game:

428357343_10160773265760549_744179266057

I hope the Canucks eat the $200,000 fine and criticize the reffing and allude to a fix. 

Refs took the momentum away unfortunately, a misfortunate high stick and puck over the glass, fully shifted the momentum to Minnesota. 

• Cheers 1

We will see if the Zebras (or Donkeys) call as many 5-3 scenarios tomorrow against the Avs - my guess is that they will let them play tomorrow (as they should) and less emphasis on the PPs.

Regardless, FA should be venting privately to NHL anyway for this past few games - no don't need preferential calls - just referee it like the playoffs and let the players decide the outcome not the Donkeys in stripes.  When you do that, players don't complain and is left on the ice

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Give me a fucking break!

Some games are just throwaways and this was one.

You think getting goaltending like that and having to battle through FOUR 5 on 3’s tells us anything? Give your head a shake.

This game was on shameful reffing and DeSmith having a rough night nothing more. The team battled their asses off and were the much better team when they weren’t shorthanded.

They were down 6-5. Then just rolled over. All those break downs that led to goals five on five. They easily could have fought through it and won.

• Jaimito changed the title to ★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)
1 minute ago, Kevlar said:

I hope this acts as a wake up call. I'm not saying the Canucks played bad or the officiating wasn't horrendous... but we are susceptible to losing any type of game. Just stay even keeled and play your game. We are still number 1.

You’ll never see a game officiated like that in the playoffs.

They must have brought up officials from the CHL today cause those refs are not ready for primetime.

Not a coincidence that we’ve been having some ridiculous reffing lately. The teams penalty kill has been too good lately so I guess they realize they have to hand out 5 on 3’s?

• Haha 1