★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

1 minute ago, Rovy said:

Cup contenders don't get fucked by the refs the way the Canucks did tonight. 3 PP goals on 2 2-man advantages and 2 ENG just make that look worse than it was.

...it was worse than it looked.   I'm surprised it wasn't 14 or 15 to 7 honestly.   The team looked comatosed the last half of the game.   

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Losing our third line guys is also a glaring issue it appears.

At least Garly came back.  Hope he's ok.  Sometimes players gut it out and return even when injured and then next game they are out.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

...it was worse than it looked.   I'm surprised it wasn't 14 or 15 to 7 honestly.   The team looked comatosed the last half of the game.   

At least it's just one game, two pts against a non division rivals. 

• Like 2

What the hell happened to the anticipated defensive struggle? 

How many times were the Canucks called to be 2-men down??

I saw a bit of the mayhem in the thir…but good grief! Be constant - zebras, that’s all we ask. A fluctuating standard is frustrating for everyone!! 

Gheeez!! I don’t know how they accomplish quality-control over officiating in the NHL, maybe  rankings by players & coaches should have a little something to do with it,…so that inept pairings are avoided, and duds don’t work or get awarded marquee games.  

I dunno!

Thoughts?

Edited by viking mama

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

That's a really bad idea. Who replaces him? Silovs isn't ready and neither is Topopilo. Every goalie has a stinker once in awhile. DeSmith has been very good all season and you want to dump him after one bad game? Glad you are not running the team.

The guy has been horrible ever since the calendar turned to 2024. It isn't just one game. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

That's a really bad idea. Who replaces him? Silovs isn't ready and neither is Topopilo. Every goalie has a stinker once in awhile. DeSmith has been very good all season and you want to dump him after one bad game? Glad you are not running the team.

Of course half this fanbase wants to dump him. Get with the program. Alvin should package Desmith, Mikeyev and Juulson and dump them all

• Haha 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Stop. Breath. Take a step back.

This team was literally undefeated in regulation when leading after two before today. What are you even talking about? They’ve literally been the best team in the league at protecting leads.

It seems like some fans don’t know how to not micro-focus on the season.

Drewling over any chance to implode. It's sad. Love the passion, love the dedication, but hate at what cost it comes. 

• Cheers 1

First off let’s get this out of the way the officials were definitely punishing them for the comments after the WPG game, that’s obvious. That being said; 2 of the 5 on 3’s we’re legitimate, miller shot the puck over the glass and Blueger high sticked a guy for no reason, the other 2 were terrible calls, the league was sending a message don’t criticize the officials publicly.

de smith was garbage again that’s 3 in a row, he has to be better, need to get demko rest down the stretch and can’t have your backup costing you games.

the powerplay even though they got 2 was terrible, and when they needed one late in the third was awful, something has to change here 

I get why tochett didn’t call his timeout of the hat trick as the time to clean up should have allowed them to refocus but then they gave up 2 more right away

The 4th line needs to be better Lafferty, Aman and PDG is not working, they haven’t done anything for a while, the Canucks were most successful when they can roll 4 lines, but this line is terrible, time for some changes there 

Juulsen had another rough game, he needs to sit one out, he went for a hit in the corner for no reason and took himself out of the play, then right after makes a terrible pass that ended up in the back of the net, and next shift lost his man for 3 goals in a row, that’s now 2 games in a row where he cost his team the game 

Edited by Pycnotic
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I can't Stomach the post game show on Sportsnet.  When they say the reffing wasn't the reason they lost.  IT'S THE ONLY REASON THEY LOST.  when he said that I wanted to throw up honestly. 

Its like they get the word from on high, as the official NHL station.  I don't think I've ever heard them really come down on the reffing. Never a reason with them....ever.  Not even a big factor in the game. Its mostly excuses.  "other teams can complain too", "the Canucks just weren't moving their feet", "It all evens out during the season".  Blah blah blah

Yeah I get sick of hearing that kind of wimpiness too

• Like 1

Just now, 24K said:

The guy has been horrible ever since the calendar turned to 2024. It isn't just one game. 

This is why I don't even enjoy the forums anymore. Nonsense like this. It has never been worse. We never talked about dumping every player that struggled in 2011. Never. Now, this is basically all the forums consist of these days

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Five goals in five minutes given up says a lot.  They just didn’t meet pressure with pressure.

3 straight extended 5 on 3's after we went up 5-2 says more but that goes against your pathetic agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

it's hard to believe that this team is actually 1st in the league. 

Top teams don't collapse like this. 

I think this will be a rough last half of the season. Hopefully the Canucks can win at least 8 to 10 games to make it to the playoffs.

• Vintage 1