★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

I would like to dive into some details on our play and summarize some key points;

WTF my Canucks WTF

🤣

Entertainment value 10/10. I’m way less angry with this loss than I thought I’d be. Lets not do this again, tho.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

First off let’s get this out of the way the officials were definitely punishing them for the comments after the WPG game, that’s obvious. That being said; 2 of the 5 on 3’s we’re legitimate, miller shot the puck over the glass and Blueger high sticked a guy for no reason, the other 2 were terrible calls, the league was sending a message don’t criticize the officials publicly.

de smith was garbage again that’s 3 in a row, he has to be better, need to get demko rest down the stretch and can’t have your backup costing you games.

the powerplay even though they got 2 was terrible, and when they needed one late in the third was awful, something has to change here 

I get why tochett didn’t call his timeout of the hat trick as the time to clean up should have allowed them to refocus but then they gave up 2 more right away

The 4th line needs to be better Lafferty, Aman and PDG is not working, they haven’t done anything for a while, the Canucks were most successful when they can roll 4 lines, but this line is terrible, time for some changes there 

Juulsen had another rough game, he needs to sit one out, he went a hit in the corner for no reason and took himself out of the play, then right after makes a terrible pass that ended up in the back of the net, that’s now 2 games in a row where he cost his team the game 

If they’re going to be that thin skinned maybe they should get a desk job… 

• Cheers 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

it's hard to believe that this team is actually 1st in the league. 

Top teams don't collapse like this. 

I think this will be a rough last half of the season. Hopefully the Canucks can win at least 8 to 10 games to make it to the playoffs.

Other top teams also don't have to deal with the officials trying to hand the other team the game on a regular basis. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Five goals in five minutes given up says a lot.  They just didn’t meet pressure with pressure.

No chance DeSmith was being pulled either, with tomorrow’s tilt with the Avs looming.  

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well that was.... Memorable?

It was so dumb in so many ways I'm not even upset.

Go into Colorado tomorrow mad and erase this crap heap.

It was almost too bizarre to be mad. Never seen anything like it.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I'm not even going to put much stock in to thinking that we even have a chance of winning the cup with this corruption, I'm a realest now! Just enjoy the small victories.

My thoughts exactly. Enjoy the good times,because there isn't a damn thing you can do when things like this happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

IMG_3779.jpeg

Haha, it's not funny but pretty funny. I haven't seen hockey that bad since the 80's. I really hope this lights a serious fire under their asses for tomorrow. and the 2023 Canucks are no where to be seen again.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Wing

Going to be really interesting to hear RT and players comments after this one.

Tocc held back his comments last game. I am very curious as well. 

Are those 5 on 3 calls on us truly warranted? I need a non Canuck fan's opinion...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Zadorov high stick to the face and the Miller over the glass are 100% penalties, 100% of the time, so yeah. Absolutely warranted. I don't how anyone in the world could even attempt to argue otherwise.

The problem is that a couple of the penalties that put us down two men were legit… but the calls that had us down a man already were soft as all getup. 

getting those initial calls right on the refs part had a massive impact on the outcome of the game. 

edit: not to mention the fact they didn’t blow the play dead when the puck was covered. That was massive. 

Edited by Dizzle
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

That's a really bad idea. Who replaces him? Silovs isn't ready and neither is Topopilo. Every goalie has a stinker once in awhile. DeSmith has been very good all season and you want to dump him after one bad game? Glad you are not running the team.

He needs to play more and Demko needs rest more.  We might have 50+ more games to go if things go well and we'll need a rested Demko and a sharp Desmith.   Goalie mismanagment might be Tock-it's achilles heel in the end!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

3 straight extended 5 on 3's after we went up 5-2 says more but that goes against your pathetic agenda. 

What agenda?? You can’t handle the fact they didn’t fight through adversity. Was the game over at 6-5??? Is that what you’re saying? They couldn’t get anymore goals to win? Wake up. They could have won. The made it 8-7. You telling they couldn’t have fight through it to win. I know what your agenda is. Blame reffing, Let the team off the hook.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If they’re going to be that thin skinned maybe they should get a desk job… 

It’s been this way forever, the league has always been like this, remember the burrows issues with the refs and Maclean went on hnic and did a whole 5 min segment on why burrows didn’t get the calls and called him out for diving (fuck Maclean) that came from league office. It’s the way it is, it’s wrong but they have to be smarter, they already got a target on their backs no need to make it bigger 

Edited by Pycnotic

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What agenda?? You can’t handle the fact they didn’t fight through adversity. Was the game over at 6-5??? Is that what you’re saying? They couldn’t get anymore goals to win? Wake up. They could have won. The made it 8-7. You telling they couldn’t have fight through it to win. I know what your agenda is. Blame reffing, Let the team off the hook.

What can you expect when whenever they came within 3 inches of a Wild player they were expecting a penalty to be called?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

it's hard to believe that this team is actually 1st in the league. 

Top teams don't collapse like this. 

I think this will be a rough last half of the season. Hopefully the Canucks can win at least 8 to 10 games to make it to the playoffs.

Yes, you've told us your picks...so go rally behind them. They need you more than we do.

You don't fool me..."honest" fan.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2