★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It’s a long season, shit happens, still have way more hope for this team than I did when the season began, it’s been a fun ride and we’re still in 1st.

Did Tocchet do a post game interview? Link?

Coming up.  Rip will post ASAP. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Rather have an implosion like this while near the top of the league in late February. This team needs adversity, allows you to get stronger.

I agree - also, I think they play the same way - aggressive fore check etc and not hold back too much just because a few zebras decided they wanted to be part of the game - they eventually have to stop calling this tic tacky penalties - if you watch the last minute tonight, when both teams were holding / interfering with each other and the refs just let them play that's how you do it - they need to do that the whole game and let the players decide (unless it is real scoring chance involved)  - then there is no one to blame but the team itself. 

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

It’s been this way forever, the league has always been like this, remember the burrows issues with the refs and Maclean went on hnic and did a whole 5 min segment on why burrows didn’t get the calls and called him out for diving (fuck Maclean) that came from league office. It’s the way it is, it’s wrong but they have to be smarter, they already got a target on their backs no need to make it bigger 

Doesn’t change the fact if they can’t handle justified criticism they should do a less demanding job. Holding them accountable does not justify “revenge” calls. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It’s a long season, shit happens, still have way more hope for this team than I did when the season began, it’s been a fun ride and we’re still in 1st.

Did Tocchet do a post game interview? Link?

Yep, just saw it. Here's his clip of his Da-Smith commentary.get-rekt-boi-elmo.gif

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheRev said:

You score 7 goals and still lose convincingly.  Not a cup contender. DeSmith couldn't stop a beach ball today.  Officiating certainly didn’t help, but a loose undisciplined effort.

DeSmith got Spencer Martined on this game.

Idk who needs to hear this, but literally no goalie or team in the history of this league is killing three straight extended 5 on 3's. If that's what it takes to beat us that should tell you a lot more about the opponents than it should us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What agenda?? You can’t handle the fact they didn’t fight through adversity. Was the game over at 6-5??? Is that what you’re saying? They couldn’t get anymore goals to win? Wake up. They could have won. The made it 8-7. You telling they couldn’t have fight through it to win. I know what your agenda is. Blame reffing, Let the team off the hook.

You don’t think after 4 5 on 3s a team alters the way they play, there were a lot of reasons we lost but a big one was the reffing and that wouldn’t happen if the refs were somewhat competent.

• Cheers 1

Worst game of the year obviously and no surprise we haven't looked good since Joshua's been out. He really ties that 3rd line together. Mikheyev sucks the energy right out of it. Don't need to dissect this game too much, we did a lot of good in the first 40 minutes, played with great pressure 5-on-5 but special teams destroyed us. I know some of those penalties against us weren't warranted by Miller's delay of game cost us the game IMO and started the crumbling. We were doing alright until that stupid play. Bleuger's high stick was just as bad.

I know it's an early game but contenders don't give up 10 goals in a game. Not many playoff teams do. Not many teams in the league drop a lead like that. There was a lot of panic on the ice tonight, the coaches talk so much about meeting pressure with pressure and we did exactly the opposite.

The Avs won't be kind to us.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Doesn’t change the fact if they can’t handle justified criticism they should do a less demanding job. Holding them accountable does not justify “revenge” calls. 

It's very ol' gentleman's club, isn't it?

Protecting people who hide behind walls and slink out back doors. Rather than giving credibility and accountability by making them answer and justify their actions.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2