★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep don’t blame DeSmith.

He wasn’t good but that’s a product of lack of starts.

He needs to get back in sooner than later to get his confidence back.

Swap the goaltender starts on the last two games, and perhaps the results would be vastly different.

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Anyone blaming the refs for this one have a complete lack of objectivity and therefore zero credibility on their opinions about refereeing.

LOL, sure.

Yes, the refs were awesome. I love their ability to see covered pucks, that's incredible. Skillz. 100 people piled up in the crease but they still managed to find the puck in there from20 feet behind with their eyes closed.

And I especially loved it when they blew down play for that goal we almost missed that they made up. Whew, thank God they're on the ball though. Petey got a penalty for them almost missing that.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep don’t blame DeSmith.

He wasn’t good but that’s a product of lack of starts.

He needs to get back in sooner than later to get his confidence back.

I'm not blaming him outright - but he did let in afew doozies but was hung out to dry mainly by the Refs and our D.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, TheRev said:

You score 7 goals and still lose convincingly.  Not a cup contender. DeSmith couldn't stop a beach ball today.  Officiating certainly didn’t help, but a loose undisciplined effort.

The thing is DeSmith won't be playing in the playoffs (hopefully).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Worst game of the year obviously and no surprise we haven't looked good since Joshua's been out. He really ties that 3rd line together. Mikheyev sucks the energy right out of it. Don't need to dissect this game too much, we did a lot of good in the first 40 minutes, played with great pressure 5-on-5 but special teams destroyed us. I know some of those penalties against us weren't warranted by Miller's delay of game cost us the game IMO and started the crumbling. We were doing alright until that stupid play. Bleuger's high stick was just as bad.

I know it's an early game but contenders don't give up 10 goals in a game. Not many playoff teams do. Not many teams in the league drop a lead like that. There was a lot of panic on the ice tonight, the coaches talk so much about meeting pressure with pressure and we did exactly the opposite.

The Avs won't be kind to us.

Depends on the point of view. The game was a gongshow reminds me the games of last season when the Canucks were terrible but the games were never dull. 

Just now, iinatcc said:

Depends on the point of view. The game was a gongshow reminds me the games of last season when the Canucks were terrible but the games were never dull. 

Y, has bit of that vibe last season when one thing goes south, it snowballs. 

This season they never let it happen often at all and always came back with a good game. 

I think they will turn it around.  They might not win tomorrow, but will have a good game. 

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This game should be looked into by the Officiating society and the league. That's not just sour grapes from me..

with all the money now spent on legal gambling I’m shocked some local government hasn’t started investigations cause this one was obvious at the start they were punishing the Canucks 

2 minutes ago, drdeath said:

This was called to give the Wild a 5 on 3 power play. For fun I started counting the number of times Wild players made this much contact on Canucks that didnt have the puck in the thid period without a penalty being called and I gave up once i hit 10:

Unbelievable lol. It’s one thing to turn your head and miss a call but it’s another thing to make a conscious decision to make that call. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Soooo like I walked away for 5 fucking minutes and came back and my stream was frozen at 5-5 and then it came back to life and it was 8-5. WHAT?!!

havent seen any of the 5 unanswered goals…..what the fuck happened

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Anyone blaming the refs for this one have a complete lack of objectivity and therefore zero credibility on their opinions about refereeing.

I’m so glad we have you here to give us your completely objective opinion! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Pears said:

Alright show me the last time either of the other top 10 teams dealt with four extended 5 on 3's. I'll wait. 

I can imagine fans complain about the refs when they get the calls they don't like. 

Heck, I remember Bruins fans calling out the refs in that 2012 game againts Vancouver.