★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

Just now, Pycnotic said:

with all the money now spent on legal gambling I’m shocked some local government hasn’t started investigations cause this one was obvious at the start they were punishing the Canucks 

Gonvernment don't care. Sports journalist should be investigating but that is shooting themselves in the foot as betting money ad makes up huge part of their comp these days.

It is up to the likes of NYT and they have way bigger fish to fry right now than hockey.  

Something to keep in mind, if any team in the NHL could afford a game like this, it's the Canucks. This type of game could even be in their favor. Any thought, any idea of just cruising till the end just went out of the window for everyone in the entire organization. They didn't even play a bad game. 

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Sapper said:

No ..... Tonight's gong show is in part.because a few players commented on the Jets game 

The NHL doesn't hold their officials accountable when crap like.this.happens so teams need to be careful calling them out

Burn the game tape and move on. And make sure no one says anything publicly about this gong show or it will happen again

As well the Canucks need to play mentally tougher as crap officiating happens to every team.... They lost their composure tonight and.they need to fix that ASAP

Can't hang this on the goalie .......the entire team played.shell.shocked 

That is why you do not hire referee to ref this game permanent.   Would be nice if there is a promotion and demotion system that the NHL players go through.   This will get them whipped in shape in no time.

13 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

First off let’s get this out of the way the officials were definitely punishing them for the comments after the WPG game, that’s obvious. That being said; 2 of the 5 on 3’s we’re legitimate, miller shot the puck over the glass and Blueger high sticked a guy for no reason, the other 2 were terrible calls, the league was sending a message don’t criticize the officials publicly.

de smith was garbage again that’s 3 in a row, he has to be better, need to get demko rest down the stretch and can’t have your backup costing you games.

the powerplay even though they got 2 was terrible, and when they needed one late in the third was awful, something has to change here 

I get why tochett didn’t call his timeout of the hat trick as the time to clean up should have allowed them to refocus but then they gave up 2 more right away

The 4th line needs to be better Lafferty, Aman and PDG is not working, they haven’t done anything for a while, the Canucks were most successful when they can roll 4 lines, but this line is terrible, time for some changes there 

Juulsen had another rough game, he needs to sit one out, he went a hit in the corner for no reason and took himself out of the play, then right after makes a terrible pass that ended up in the back of the net, that’s now 2 games in a row where he cost his team the game 

Actually they only got one power play goal but yeah your right special teams were terrible as usual. Come on folks we all knew this was coming at some point, it is the Nucks after all.....lol.  You don't go from pretenders to contenders in one season, get real.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is why I don't even enjoy the forums anymore. Nonsense like this. It has never been worse. We never talked about dumping every player that struggled in 2011. Never. Now, this is basically all the forums consist of these days

Hey I never said get rid of Ilya. I want Juulsen to sit a game to re focus, but DeSmith have costed us a lot of games lately with his weak goals against and we need our backup to be not guarantee loses to rest Demko. 

• Like 1

Just now, 24K said:

Gonvernment don't care. Sports journalist should be investigating but that is shooting themselves in the foot as betting money ad makes up huge part of their comp these days.

It is up to the likes of NYT and they have way bigger fish to fry right now than hockey.  

it’s bad in all sports, there’s a reason the nfl is registered as “entertainment” instead of sport, fixing through officiating is nothing new, though prior to this year NFL, NBA were  worse but the NHL has surpassed them by a mile 

Just now, DeltaSwede said:

Something to keep in mind, if any team in the NHL could afford a game like this, it's the Canucks. This type of game could even be in their favor. Any though, any idea of just cruising till the end just went out of the window for everyone in the entire organization. They didn't even play a bad game. 

Thing is, they came out with that fire. They were pissed last game.

But this is extremely piss poor level officiating.  I mean, how much can they (and we) tolerate of this bullshit?

They'll be fine....but it makes me not even want to bother. My weekend and I'm mad as hell right now. I don't mind my team losing...I just want them to have a fair shake. These refs are incompetent. Blowing the play down for a goal they thought they saw? Then a penalty to make it seem like they weren't so baffled (stupid?).

The pile up in our crease and no whistle? WTF is that? Someone's going to get hurt because they "aren't sure"? Can't see? Don't know? WTF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Captain Kirk said:

Actually they only got one power play goal but yeah your right special teams were terrible as usual. Come on folks we all knew this was coming at some point, it is the Nucks after all.....lol.  You don't go from pretenders to contenders in one season, get real.

I think each team should get to pick one ref each year that can not ref their games, if too many teams pick the same ref he doesn’t work much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Soooo like I walked away for 5 fucking minutes and came back and my stream was frozen at 5-5 and then it came back to life and it was 8-5. WHAT?!!

havent seen any of the 5 unanswered goals…..

Q:what the fuck happened ?

A: Canucks after 5-5......renfe.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still waiting for Tocc's post game. I think he's going to take the high road but maybe not the players. Somewhere along the lines of...if they say anything more they're going to be punished for a third game tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Ok, calm down. 

I think you are taking things a tad too personally. 

I think you're trying to do nothing else besides get a rise out of people because you know defending these clowns isn't gonna end well for you. 

• Cheers 2