★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild. Feb 19 (Fan Psychotherapy Edition)

8 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Canucks were 4-0-3 before today’s game, so I’m not really buying this.

This season? Probably, they've won a fair bit more than they've lost. 

Over the years? It hasn't been uncommon for them to struggle during early games. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Honestly Hughes & Miller are underpaid.

Miller is worth 9+ & Hughes is worth 12-13 easily. Peteys definitely a 10M+ guy imo but how far over 10 is the question

Those are the types of value contracts that you need players to take if they want to win a cup.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Screw said:

How many 5 on 3 goals did Minny get?

tenor.gif?itemid=14648671

After careful calculation, reading the stars, fish entrails .... and using an abacus  ... TOOOOOOOO MANY ... did the Canucks in.

4 times the Canucks were 2 man down for at least a full minute.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

This season? Probably, they've won a fair bit more than they've lost. 

Over the years? It hasn't been uncommon for them to struggle during early games. 

I'm talking about this season. They showed this stat early in the game. Previous years mean nothing as far as this team is concerned.

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

I'm talking about this season. They showed this stat early in the game. Previous years mean nothing as far as this team is concerned.

That's fine, my recollection was more generalized and not tethered exclusively to this season. 

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I was at work for this one... what the fuck happened? 17 goals?:classic_ohmy:

Refs were whistle happy, we were a tad too undisciplined, DeSmith wasn't at his best, the Wild's top players came to play 

Was just the perfect culmination that turned what I thought was a sure Canucks win into a bit of a clusterfuck 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

JR has a lot of clout with the league.  Wondering if he’ll make a phone call after these last two games?  Officiating may still suck but at least we might get more calls go our way.  Strangely, it wasn’t this bad earlier on.  Wonder what happened?

If u know him - he’s already done it 5 times…

• Thanks 1

If we’re also going to bring up how bad officiating was we also have to remember that the first goal with Myers setting the pick shouldn’t have counted. Canucks were given opportunities to tie it up the last game against Winnipeg. In face they were the only ones to get a pp in the third and in this game they also got a chance to tie it up on a pp. Special teams has been horrid and is losing us games right now. I am just saying they have had opportunities to win games and tie games up in their pp. For a team that has cup aspirations you should be able to have composure and not implode apart like they did. They were up 5-3 going into the third. Pk has also been horrible. Composure is the word I am leaning towards.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

9 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I was at work for this one... what the fuck happened? 17 goals?:classic_ohmy:

Check out some of the goal sequences Deb posted.

I'm pretty sure the Refs screwed up their mirco-doses of mushrooms for this one.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 3

In a normal situation I think we would have pulled DeSmith on their 5th goal and Demko would have shut it down for the win.

Good for him to hang in there and let Demko get a full night off. Rough game for him. He just couldn’t make a stop.

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Refs were whistle happy, we were a tad too undisciplined, DeSmith wasn't at his best, the Wild's top players came to play 

Was just the perfect culmination that turned what I thought was a sure Canucks win into a bit of a clusterfuck 

image.gif.4f2775c1308ef755349aeb1d09b4c75e.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The good news is we’re a very good 5 on 5 team. Even pretty good at 4 on 5.

As long as we don’t keep getting put down 5 on 3 we’ll be fine. 😂

I bet if they could give us a 5 on 1 they would.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

In a normal situation I think we would have pulled DeSmith on their 5th goal and Demko would have shut it down for the win.

Good for him to hang in there and let Demko get a full night off. Rough game for him. He just couldn’t make a stop.

Still gotta go for the win, I think not pulling him was a mistake but not taking a time out was a much bigger mistake.