[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

2 hours ago, 24K said:

If this kind of behavior continue in the playoffs. I for one will ditch the NHL completely.

It is already taking up more than its fair share of time that I should be spending either going through my gaming backlog or prep for interviews to jump ship. 

I feel the same way, I wouldn't want to watch the game if the ref continue their misconduct behavior toward us without any merit.  How can we beat two teams, the ref being one of them?  The NHL better exercise their caution toward us because there is a boiling point where I will not be watching NHL anymore.  I have not watched any other marquee sports events for years now because I have seen the same old story where ref would favor one team and not others.  I have noticed not just in NHL but in other sports as well. That is why I haven't watched any of the events due to ref controversy elsewhere that made me stop wasting my time even if am not a fan of a certain team in other sports.  I was simply a sports fan but not anymore due to two different rules applies in regular and playoffs in the sports.

9 minutes ago, kilgore said:

This is almost standard practice now for a team to have that final edge in winning the Cup.

Until the Canucks try it and then Bettman will fine them 11 First Round Picks, 10 Second Rounders and a partridge in a pear tree.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, 24K said:

Sounds like perfect cap circumvention setup. 

Oh ya sit out for 2 seasons to circumvent the cap.. even if he does come back.. how effective is a guy that haven’t played hockey for 2 years? We are not talking about 2 weeks 2 months 8 months we are talking about 2 years worth of hockey conditioning training etc 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Here, let me get you riled up 

They are the master at it. 

Quick get Iliya on LTIR. Not like we will miss him anyways.

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

28 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Well I miss one game on TV or Sportsnet all year and it sounds like things could have gone better with the reffing. 

I am back and will be watching the Canucks tonight so I'm calling Vancouver 3 - 2 

Petey with the winner!

GCG 

<sadly GIF editted out by request>

Won't regurgitate much of what has already been posted at the expense of several broken keyboards and TV's on this. I bet on the Canucks to win - love this team and believe in the ship being righted quickly. Exciting times. 

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

Been hearing Bains might play. Hopefully he injects some life into the team going in. AND, lets play more disciplined. Yes, we got shafted on calls lately. But you can't deny we also gave the refs legit ammo to call on us. No lazy penalties. Play hard and in control. We outplayed Minnesota 5 on 5. The special teams isn't so special right now. So stay out of the box, play a sound game, and lets get back on track.

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Won't regurgitate much of what has already been posted at the expense of several broken keyboards and TV's on this. I bet on the Canucks to win - love this team and believe in the ship being righted quickly. Exciting times. 

GO CANUCKS GO!

Dude edit that gif out. You gonna give someone seizure. 

Edited by 24K
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Dude edit that gif out. You gonna give someone seizure. 

Sensitive people here, LOL, done - could have hidden it I guess.

GO CANUCKS GO! Looking forward to this game!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Sensitive people here, LOL, done - could have hidden it I guess.

GO CANUCKS GO! Looking forward to this game!

Haha, but seriously that can be dangerous to some with certain medical conditions. 

1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

Would like to see Bains in to give some jump to our 4th line. PDG or Aman out?

I like to see him on the 3rd line. 

Bains, Bleuger and Garland. 

• Cheers 2