[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Avs used to be my least favorite team. Used to work with an avs fan and we'd argue well before bert-moore. I hated the avs so much that when i went to quebec city in 2004 i placed a puck in a hidden space in a hotel room and cursed the avs to never win a cup. Curse did a good job and they playoff imploded a tonne until i saw them in the finals during my hockey break and decided to release the curse as tampa had won enough. 

Curses are bs of course but makes for a fun story.

Except they are not bs.

• Upvote 1

Avs used to be my least favorite team. Used to work with an avs fan and we'd argue well before bert-moore. I hated the avs so much that when i went to quebec city in 2004 i placed a puck in a hidden space in a hotel room and cursed the avs to never win a cup. Curse did a good job and they playoff imploded a tonne until i saw them in the finals during my hockey break and decided to release the curse as tampa had won enough. 

Right curses are BS...  Buuuuut!!  If you could "fun story" a few more teams that would be great!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

The Canucks-Avs rivalry back in the Naslund-Forsberg days was awesome. I too had a co-worker who was a die hard AVs fan and it was fun.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

REFS

REFS

REFFING FOR DUMMIES 

ATTEMPTED SPICE

AVALANCHE EXPRESS

MEASURING GAME

MEASURING STICK

MEASURING GAME

BROKEN KEYBOARDS

BAINS

BAINS

BAINS

MEASURING GAME

MEASURING BAINS

STATEMENT

STATEMENT

STATEMENT

ADVERSITY 

BOUNCE BACK

gioated-family-guy.gif

Can we get some additional Bains

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The Canucks-Avs rivalry back in the Naslund-Forsberg days was awesome. I too had a co-worker who was a die hard AVs fan and it was fun.

Ha, wasn't easy being an overseas fan then i bet, probably cknw and torrents later.  We were bitter divisional rivals but i hated them. 

Of course my first canucks game in person was in vancouver, canucks vs avs, march 8 2004. Wearing my bertuzzi shirt and longing for revenge. I got my wish but would have preferred a big legal hit instead.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

26 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

I am so pumped for Bains debut tonight ! My brown buddy is amped beyond belief 😅

I was playing pick up ball hockey against some of the brown guys about a year ago. 

And yeah, they were about 30 years younger, but damn, there's some great players. 

Rooting for Bains! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Ummm...

What? That's what they call themselves to anyone, no matter what color of skin. 

If they're comfortable with calling themselves that in front of white, yellow or purple people, what's the problem?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Barn Burner said:

If they're comfortable with calling themselves that in front of white, yellow or purple people, what's the problem?

Yeah I took that as a term of endearment. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

do you call your friends who are white "white friends" when you explain them to other people too? smh