[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Bains looks solid. Why the hell do we want Kessel? I think there are some Abby players that we might be sleeping on.

Exactly, if players know you work hard enough. You can get a shot at a job.

9 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

His first game 3rd line minutes compared to ice time in Abby. He is doing well or RT would bench him.

Vancouver fans are going to really like Arshdeep Bains. His hockey IQ is off the charts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Soucy and Joshua are clearly very important to the team. 

Joshua is a huge part of the best 3rd line in the nhl - that third line was a lifeline for us for many games especially when the first and second line couldn’t get anything going and Soucy seems to be a glue guy that helps the Defence click way better… When he’s around 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Can't get experience if you're not gonna get played. Lol. Lets just trade Hughes for Hedman. Experience is king after all.

You are missing the point. I said “veteran” depth. Would you rather a guy who’s played 800 NHL games and 150 playoff games over a guy who has 3 NHL games and no playoff experience? And what does Hughes have to do with anything ?

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Bains looks solid. Why the hell do we want Kessel? I think there are some Abby players that we might be sleeping on.

At least 4 I would rather call up than sign Phil Kessel. He looks like ... 

talking eric cartman GIF by South Park

(Relative to a healthy in shape NHL regular.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

overall a good period- aves had some good pressure early but vancouver controlled the latter half pretty well. 1-0 lead and some exemplary saves from demko. that stickwork by pettersson near the end of the period was lit.

Av commentators very excitable, seem very happy to be calling the game, nothing dull.

When Demmers was kicking out those double saves, they screamed 'Demko got his 'flippers on turbo!'

Don't pretend to be experts, just fans, not like our preachy new guy sitting alongside Shorty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

You are missing the point. I said “veteran” depth. Would you rather a guy who’s played 800 NHL games and 150 playoff games over a guy who has 3 NHL games and no playoff experience? And what does Hughes have to do with anything ?

I'd rather have a player who plays hard and we developed. I reckon Bains is better conditioned than the 36 year old who just came off his couch. At the very least I want to see these guys in our system as callups before we start looking for 36 year olds nobody else wants.

• Cheers 1