[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

A good way to get back at the refs is to score more goals than the other team. That'll show 'em. 

The best way is to score short handed.

If we score 80% of the time on the pk the refs will be in shambles. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Two ref system doesn't work.

Use one on ice one in penalty box area on a video monitor. 

We're going to have to play a clean game. So our systems have to be top notch,  protect the guts. Only take the hits that are there. 

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I predict a 5 on 2.

Well, unless they change the rules, the best the refs can do is make it 5 on 3 (or 6 on 3 if Avs pull their goalie)

image.gif.638ecbf707afa7d49f298f2f5a69f5fa.gif

13 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's sad....I'm almost scared to watch the game.

I don't feel excited, I feel stressed out and nervous.

I didn't bargain for this shit.

I just hope for a fair game. The team's been good for the most part...I've had enough crap reffing to last me a lifetime though. I'm almost wishing for Trevor Hanson.

I feel the same, but it's not stress more like a lack of care. The reffing the last few games has been so abysmal that I feel like I don't even wanna watch.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Please don’t make our longest losing streak this season 3 games 😭

The fact they're at game 58 and the concern is just now a 3 game losing streak tells us how good and consistent of a hockey team this is.  Just need to regain some composure and 1 or 2 of our top guys need to get going (notice I don't even think all of them need to get going for us to be effective).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Myers opened his mouth, the refs took their revenge. Time to get back to these.

image.jpeg.13973d5e26262a52ac5066350e26dde1.jpeg

The last time I checked it is still a free country unless I missed something and mob completely took over...

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I'm curious what it would take for our resident ref defenders to admit that there have been bad calls? 

There were bad calls, the boys have to remain focused and maintain composure when bad calls go their way. Other thing is, teams know how to throw the Canucks off their game. We need to stay focused on our own game, lock things down and bring the win home.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Could be pressure mounting as every team is bringing their very best when they're playing the Canucks. This is a valuable lesson. This is also why I'm not convinced that the team is ready to go "all the way". I still think the route to becoming champions, is that this team has to make the postseason a few times, and experience for themselves just how difficult it is to perform when they get to the playoffs, and after heartache, there's that final breakthrough after failure a few times. 

I'm not sure what fans are expecting for this team to go all the way, when they're inexperienced at the playoffs. They can't seem to handle the pressure of being on top of the league in the regular season. Makes me wonder how 'pressure' will affect them moving forward. Will they crumble tonight against the Avs? Cause you know those guys are going to want to beat the Canucks. Is there enough push back from this group of players on the team? 

When the season started, I said I'd be happy if we made the playoffs, based on some of the changes made by PA & JR, including having RT and his ultra experienced coaching staff.  I thought there was no real chance of a cup, but that we were well on the way in that direction 1 to 3 years down the road as our stars matured. I've been surprised and extremely happy to be number 1 in the league for awhile now, but I've also thought that we're still a little soft, and still missing a few pieces to make a cup run. We're facing the toughest part of the season now, and it will tell us who we really are. I still don't think we're cup ready, but I love this team and love the direction we're heading in. This year's playoffs and the magic of our management and coaching staff will have us there next year or the year after in my opinion. In the meantime, I'm going to continue enjoying some exciting hockey. 

• Cheers 1

We have to be the team with the most back to back games?! 
And the team from the west to play in the most of those odd(stupid early) start times when playing in a different timezone. 
Any idea if there’s a site that tracks this kinda stuff?!

Biased cuz it’s our Canucks, but the NHL screws us over in every possible way. Btw… I see another poorly reffed game today too, and NO.. not in our favour. Damn you Bettman!

As a long time Canucks fan, waiting for the other shoe to drop, while mostly being optimistic about our present and future hasn't been easy.    Feels dirty at the moment, to have defended the refs at times.   Watched enough other games, to get that no matter whom you root for, there are always going to be missed calls.   Bad ones too.   And sometimes something the refs do, can even mean the difference between a series won or lost (Bettman saying "we have the best refs in the world, then a series won and "his head exploding" that wasn't us).    Whatever the fuck is going on right now needs to chill out.    It's lame.   And stupid.   This absolutely felt like the reffing fraternity, got their Ron McLean knickers in a knot and managed the crap out of the game for the home town crowd. 

Wouldn't blame anyone for deciding not to watch in protest.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

What a tough schedule the team has had over the past while.  Including the Seattle game on

Thursday, they have played only 2 games at home out of 10.  They come home for 3 games

vs Boston, Pitts and LA; then another road trip including LA, Ana and Vegas.

Finally they will have a 9 game home stand, which is so overdue.  Hopefully they can make up

for any Ls they have during this horrific road trip(s).

Regardless, easy games are few and far between.  The team has to forget about yesterday's

game and carry on.  Worrying about what the refs are doing only puts them in a weak mindset.

Discipline, determination and dedication will get them back on track.

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Run across this guy on twitter quite a few times. Like the way he thinks..

Miller does too.  So did Bieksa and their crew.   Just free the skate.   It's time man.  11-1.   We can still have FIN roam around for fun. 

• MillerTime 1

36 minutes ago, IBatch said:

As a long time Canucks fan, waiting for the other shoe to drop, while mostly being optimistic about our present and future hasn't been easy.    Feels dirty at the moment, to have defended the refs at times.   Watched enough other games, to get that no matter whom you root for, there are always going to be missed calls.   Bad ones too.   And sometimes something the refs do, can even mean the difference between a series won or lost (Bettman saying "we have the best refs in the world, then a series won and "his head exploding" that wasn't us).    Whatever the fuck is going on right now needs to chill out.    It's lame.   And stupid.   This absolutely felt like the reffing fraternity, got their Ron McLean knickers in a knot and managed the crap out of the game for the home town crowd. 

Wouldn't blame anyone for deciding not to watch in protest.   

If this kind of behavior continue in the playoffs. I for one will ditch the NHL completely.

It is already taking up more than its fair share of time that I should be spending either going through my gaming backlog or prep for interviews to jump ship. 

• Haha 1

We're the top team and every other team measures their success against us. We need to embrace tough games because that is what awaits us in the playoffs. The last two games have shown that nobody is going to roll over for us just because we're good. 

If we play our game and don't give the refs any excuse to hand us a penalty we should win this one.

Go Canucks, stick it to the large lumps of snow sliding down a mountain

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Run across this guy on twitter quite a few times. Like the way he thinks..

My brother in law has always said if you run the Hartford Whalers colours, you'll get results like the Hartford Whalers.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 24K said:

If this kind of behavior continue in the playoffs. I for one will ditch the NHL completely.

It is already taking up more than its fair share of time that I should be spending either going through my gaming backlog or prep for interviews to jump ship. 

See you next season if that happens.