[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

2 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

something has to be done, at this time

of the year fourth liners are easy to replace, make the moves and get someone for millers line and put Suter on the fourth line 

It'd be nice if Mik was even remotely tradable. His cap space would be nice to add something of value to the top 6. Move Suter back to the 4th line.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The major issue is no one looks hungry to attempt to get a goal. They look lazy out there. Not one of them shows any eagerness. 

I disagree. The defenceman are activating in the ozone downlow and our forward lines have looked equally controlled. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is such bickering nonsense. Mikeyev was fine in the first 1/2 and was part of why the team went to the top of the standings. It's called slumping. Players slump. Crying about it isn't going to change anything. 

Mik is 10-15-25 in 53 games played this season.

Mik is 59-66-125 in 245 games played.

Purely on points, goals and assists he is more or less on his career average in production. So, unless every other part of his game fell off a cliff, bet on him climbing back to what he was doing in first 1/2 ... at least that is what it seems the Canucks are betting on. That and probably hard to move his contract right now if PA / JR were actively trying to that of course.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

Scary fast and so direct.

We're handling them well though.

They're missing Nichushkin and Landeskog too.

So much talent on that roster

Edited by LucBourdon28

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I disagree. The defenceman are activating in the ozone downlow and our forward lines have looked equally controlled. 

We honestly look like our place in the standings 5v5.  

The special teams have been a little wonky lately and not getting the bounces / goaltending we’ve enjoyed for most of the year.  

But we look the best I’ve seen in a decade, even with the losses. 

• Upvote 2