[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s hard though. Who in our top 6 is going to be physical other than Miller. This is an issue going into the playoffs. They aren’t soft. They just dont have that imposing physical element we need on this team in the top 6.

I can see management looking to add a player with toughness for the postseason. 

But a player like that should not break the bank for the Canucks to acquire. 

6 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Sorry , I  realize guys slump but right there in the O zone,  Mik no speed at all and runs into a guy and just stops, doesn’t fight by him to get to the puck , frustrating 

Oh that's because Mike is a useless turd

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Sorry , I  realize guys slump but right there in the O zone,  Mik no speed at all and runs into a guy and just stops, doesn’t fight by him to get to the puck , frustrating 

should have kept Kuz over him!

4 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

It's gotten a lot more full in the player's heads. There was a time that the 'playing game to game" was working, but clearly they are in their own heads about their speciality teams and about how teams are playing them. Hughes used to shoot a lot more and now he holds onto the puck longer, because what was coming naturally to him will need to be improved because teams have scouted his fave moves. The same scouting as gone on with all the top 6 players, so Boeser sitting in the slot isn't as easy anymore as players and goales prepare for it.

Additionally the Canucks are nervous about getting penalties because their PK is nose diving, and their PP is tentative and is too pass heavy. 

Let's see how well they can go back to their "staples" and get out of their heads.

They're playing pretty well against the Avs tonight, though. 

Tied game through 2 periods. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

not unless the refs get involved 

Weird to hear refs have to get involved. They just need to do the jobs they are paid to do. Most of the time they are picking and choosing what they are going to call. I don’t get it either. If a team is taking penalties why does there need to be make up calls? The other team obviously isn’t as good as that team that night. Why feel bad for them? Even up calls. It’s such a stupid thought process. “I  gave them three and now I have to call three against the other team. Oh I am going to ignore that high stick becuase I gave them three already.” I don’t get it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I don’t think the Canucks are having a bad game considering it’s the second of a back to back. But I do notice that Colorado just has much more puck poise. Canucks seem more

“Scrambly”. 

Can’t afford any mistakes or to lack any discipline from here on out. 

we appear to out-play them in sudden bursts of great stickwork.

doesn't seem to last more than 2/3 shifts, then Av re-dominates play for long periods.

gonna take another Miller moment if we're to win this. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

we appear to out-play them in sudden bursts of great stickwork.

doesn't seem to last more than 2/3 shifts, then Av re-dominates play for long periods.

gonna take another Miller moment if we're to win this. 

Well they are well rested and we played yesterday and are adjusting to the air. The air factor is real no matter how lane it sounds. That’s just reality. It was going to be tough to win this one with all the odds stacked against us. We have Demko so that is big bonus with games like this.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82