[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

47 minutes ago, Cluminati said:

We have to be the team with the most back to back games?! 
And the team from the west to play in the most of those odd(stupid early) start times when playing in a different timezone. 
Any idea if there’s a site that tracks this kinda stuff?!

Biased cuz it’s our Canucks, but the NHL screws us over in every possible way. Btw… I see another poorly reffed game today too, and NO.. not in our favour. Damn you Bettman!

The good news - we only have 1 back-to-back left after this one, in early April (Vegas/Arizona).

Just now, IBatch said:

See you next season if that happens.   

Nope, if we loss a series due to reffing shanigans I am gonna delete this account, the nhl app, unsubsidized form espn+, and pack up my jerseys until Bettman is removed. 

You can clip it and hold me to account. 

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Look at this attempted spice from the Avs announcer:

IMG_5048.thumb.jpeg.df1865507559021f0618acf47e2302de.jpeg

It’s true. Hughes is amazing but he doesn’t always show up in big games similar to Pettersson. Once those 2 start getting roughed up they tend to disappear. 

Hughes minutes need to be dropped down so he’s more fresh and has the energy to use his skating to evade hits, etc. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, 24K said:

If this kind of behavior continue in the playoffs. I for one will ditch the NHL completely.

It is already taking up more than its fair share of time that I should be spending either going through my gaming backlog or prep for interviews to jump ship. 

In my mind officiating has already stolen the 2011 cup finals as well as the 2012 first round series against the Kings from the Vancouver Canucks.

I find when the team does well like this year I put more time into them, watch more games.  

I get the feeling that as long as we aren't in constant penalty trouble throughout the night, that the team is going to show up and play a solid game. 

I really don't enjoy losing like many of us here too, but we have to admit that our team was due for some adversity, and now is probably the best time for it. Let's hope for a solid team game against a good team (but I believe ours is better 😏).

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

It’s true. Hughes is amazing but he doesn’t always show up in big games similar to Pettersson. Once those 2 start getting roughed up they tend to disappear. 

Hughes minutes need to be dropped down so he’s more fresh and has the energy to use his skating to evade hits, etc. 

Things change, the canucks are better and they are coming.

29 minutes ago, Dom said:

Have a feeling if Bains is playing that means Garland is out, but I hope it's Mikheyev out & we see Bains-Blueger-Garland

I could see Mikheyev moving down to the 4th line if Bains does slot in. I'd rather Mikheyev than PDG (even if neither are doing much).

7 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Lineups will be interesting.

I guess bains with pdg-aman or do you shift suter down to blueger and play bains with miller. 4th line would be my guess. Laff or mik to sit

I bounce him around a bit, but a Bains-Miller-Boeser line intrigues me......so does Bains-Blueger-Garland

• Cheers 1

This feels like the first really big test of Tocchet's "staples" that he so often references. The Canucks have been an amazing team all year, but have gotten off the rails just a bit recently. Instead of over-reacting, just go back to playing the way that has been so successful all year. Even keel and all that. 

• Cheers 2