[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

This team can't seem to catch a break now after receiving all the breaks before. 

Three losses in a row incoming. First time all season that's happen...

Well it’s not over but I do think they are tired. Their goalie hasn’t had to make any grade A chances. It would be nice if Petey stepped up at some point. Another big game where he hasn’t had a lot of good chances. Not sure what is up with him this year in terms of showing up for big games. Getting a lot of C- lately.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Pycnotic said:

still won’t count, puck has to be “possessed” by the other team 

While true, rarely ever called because NHL refs. They forget that part conveniently all of the fucking time which is annoying. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

This team can't seem to catch a break now after receiving all the breaks before. 

Three losses in a row incoming. First time all season that's happen...

It does give me comfort that if we're concerned about losing 3 games in a row for the 1st time this season, we have a helluva hockey team.

Just now, MikeyD said:

While true, rarely ever called because NHL refs. They forget that part conveniently all of the fucking time which is annoying. 

it will be overturned upon review, it’s now part of it now when they expanded video review a few years back to include stoppages that should have happened 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well it’s not over but I do think they are tired. Their goalie hasn’t had to make any grade A chances. It would be nice if Petey stepped up at some point. Another big game where he hasn’t had a lot of good chances. Not sure what is up with him this year.

Contract is on his mind. He can say he doesn't want it to be a distraction but subconsciously it will be no matter how much he try to block it. 

Chances are he dominates again as soon as the ink is dry. 

Just now, hockeyville88 said:

Bruce Boudreau hockey - no plan with the puck. What happened to the systems that Tocchet has been preaching 

Too much dump and chase. They're reading it and backing off the line every play.

That is their systems they're just playing too much into it. 

Just now, Dom said:

Yep & it's only gonna get worse IMO

I don't think so. We have played well 5 on 5 lately. It's special teams that is killing us. 

Plus this the low point of our season and we are playing well above 0.500

There is ebs and flows to a season.

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

Bruce Boudreau hockey - no plan with the puck. What happened to the systems that Tocchet has been preaching 

System is fine. The problem is Toch have 0 idea how to coach offense. 

Just look at pp1.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well it’s not over but I do think they are tired. Their goalie hasn’t had to make any grade A chances. It would be nice if Petey stepped up at some point. Another big game where he hasn’t had a lot of good chances. Not sure what is up with him this year.

My money says he's injured.   It's not humanly possible that a player can fall down on every second play if he's healthy!   

They are hiding something from us.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952taxumh7vrq6qs5zvzop

1 minute ago, Déjà Vu said:

3rd straight loss inc 😞 guess its ment to happen all teams go threw a slump, this is ours 😞

There’s over 12 minutes left down one, they haven’t lost yet

• Like 2