[GDT] Tues Feb 20 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avs - 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET - Denver

OldFaithfulcap

Let's all give ourselves a reminder that last year the Canucks were at the bottom of the league and the most positive projections for us were to be a wildcard team this year - at best. 

There are flaws with this team and there will continue to be flaws. Cup contending teams don't become contenders over one, single off-season. I don't know about you guys, but I want sustainable success. Achieving that is going to take longer than 1 year. 

Edit: not to mention, the team that recently went through this multi-year process is the team we're facing tonight - the Colorado Avalanche. Four consecutive seasons of early playoff exits until they finally won in 2022. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Like 1

Our last game,as mentioned by Pears , would have been far different if not for 5 on 3. Canucks should know not to retaliate or commit to being drawn in.

Let the team play consistent,hard hitting and shooting on net.

If we were to point out that Hughes and EP40 are drawing special attention from opposing teams ,address it.

It really is not that hard to see. Shut down our threats and they can dictate the game. Mind you the zebras are part of that threat. In theory if we played the same game we should over come the bias.

Just now, John.Tallhouse said:

👀

7BtJmCVz0hW6C5Ze9Ofl6wYGPut.png

Manager walks by..

(quickly closes amazing art software)

what are you working on?

Actually I am just about to go for lunch .

Okay have a great break come check in with me later this afternoon I wanted to talk to you about an upcoming project.

Coo coo coo sounds great.

As manager walks away you looks side to side, reopen the program grin and post.

• Haha 1

Team still looks a bit immature (emotionally). Being able to handle the pressure and adversity, and not letting things get to them. I guess this is all part of the learning for them. I still think they need more veteran calm leadership up front. Hoping Kessel works out and they can bring in another big forward. Good luck to Bains in his 1st game. 

Mikheyev, Aman and Di Giuseppe are dead weight, time to get better players in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Team still looks a bit immature (emotionally). Being able to handle the pressure and adversity, and not letting things get to them. I guess this is all part of the learning for them. I still think they need more veteran calm leadership up front. Hoping Kessel works out and they can bring in another big forward. Good luck to Bains in his 1st game. 

Mikheyev, Aman and Di Giuseppe are dead weight, time to get better players in.

We'll see after tonight. After a slow start yesterday (matinee game usual), they dominated 5v5; they simply got destroyed on 5v3s. Yesterday was not a gauge of anything other than the weirdest sequence of hockey I have seen. They lost composure against WPG..sure did; it didn't carry fwd. Composure/maturity had nothing to do with yesterday.