[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

9 hours ago, Darius said:

Yes the most important guy on the third line 😁

From that particular line? I would say they are all key components hence the good chemistry, but for the team? Joshua is a key component.

They give our smaller, less physical players(Hogs,Garland) more room to do their thing. With the more tighter checking , playoff like intensity, they become even more important.

10 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

He’s absolutely killing his line right now. I separate him and Lindholm; RT isn’t doing Lindholm any favours. Throw Lindholm on with blue her and Garlnd

This seems to be a common theme lately.

11 hours ago, Dom said:

I'll be the first to say I'm more than in a panic. We simply cannot beat the big heavy contenders. We'll beat Seattle and then lose again to Boston Saturday night to further prove this point. 

Why do you even bother being a fan? You have such a negative take most of the time.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah you gotta keep your stick put of there, but this BS has been going on since the changed the hooking rules, go to back to the old ways. Where you literally had to be dragging they guy down the ice for a few strides before they called it. Now we have a whole Generation! Diving and falling on a stick as soon as it touches you. Absolutely disgusting and I always tell me boys to never do this! 

19 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Why do you even bother being a fan? You have such a negative take most of the time.

I can do as I please buddy. As I've said to other posters - use the ignore function I really don't give a fuck about what you have to say LOL

• Haha 1

On one hand, it's taken us this long to garner a three game losing streak which is impressive

On the other hand, if you discount the bizarro Wild game we lost to a couple top western teams in Winnipeg and Colorado 

Couple potential western conference finals matchups and they look like teams who could beat us, I expect Colorado will add as well

That being said, gotta get out of the first couple rounds before dwelling on that too much, we aren't a slam dunk western conference finalist 

Better to face adversity sooner than later 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

A couple of games ago...

The NHL officials are a loathsome and disgusting old boys club that punishes players and coaches for speaking their minds and rightfully criticizing their ineptitude. These turds willingly make calls out of spite. There is nothing worse for the sport than the arbitrary decision making and vindictive nature that these feckless assclowns display on a nightly basis. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

On one hand, it's taken us this long to garner a three game losing streak which is impressive

On the other hand, if you discount the bizarro Wild game we lost to a couple top western teams in Winnipeg and Colorado 

Couple potential western conference finals matchups and they look like teams who could beat us, I expect Colorado will add as well

That being said, gotta get out of the first couple rounds before dwelling on that too much, we aren't a slam dunk western conference finalist 

Better to face adversity sooner than later 

Honestly, outside of clearly suspect officiating, the biggest thing in this team's way is itself. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Was it after Red Wings game or Jets 

After the Jets game...

Quote from the Hockey News...

Vancouver Canucks defenseman Tyler Myers was unhappy with the officials after tonight's 4-2 loss to the Winnipeg Jets.

"It's also tough when you're battling. You know, the first hit of the game is not a penalty, and he calls it a penalty because I'm a bigger guy," Myers said postgame. "You know, it felt like we were battling two teams tonight. It's unfortunate, but we'll look to come out on our road trip with a good effort and keep what we have going."

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The NHL officials are a loathsome and disgusting old boys club that punishes players and coaches for speaking their minds and rightfully criticizing their ineptitude. These turds willingly make calls out of spite. There is nothing worse for the sport than the arbitrary decision making and vindictive nature that these feckless assclowns display on a nightly basis. 

Agree 100%....

But if you can't beat them, join them... Do we want to win, or continue being the victim? 

I want to win, and as Myers said it's hard enough beating one team, but if we antagonise the refs, we know, what comes next.... we've seen the film a few times, and have to find a way to overcome the obstacles...

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Honestly, outside of clearly suspect officiating, the biggest thing in this team's way is itself. 

Reffing has been a factor for years though, and likely will be come playoff time. Gotta find a way to overcome. 

You're not wrong, but we're also feeling the impact of injuries a bit more than usual and if anything we were probably overdue for that. We've been uncharacteristically healthy this season. 

The PK was better last night, but the powerplay still looks to be in a funk and it wasn't for a lack of opportunity. We got two cracks at it, Avs only got three. 

We were clearly the better faceoff team but the Avs thoroughly outplayed us in the physical department. Hits were 27 to 15. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Reffing has been a factor for years though, and likely will be come playoff time. Gotta find a way to overcome. 

You're not wrong, but we're also feeling the impact of injuries a bit more than usual and if anything we were probably overdue for that. We've been uncharacteristically healthy this season. 

The PK was better last night, but the powerplay still looks to be in a funk and it wasn't for a lack of opportunity. We got two cracks at it, Avs only got three. 

We were clearly the better faceoff team but the Avs thoroughly outplayed us in the physical department. Hits were 27 to 15. 

Yea. No getting around that. RT knows. He seemingly stays away from raggin' on the refs in post game interviews. 

We'll step up things physicality wise when we're a full, healthy roster. I'm confident of that.

11 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Nux played 58 games, higest in NHL.  

Fatigue will catch up to you, and it's showing. 

Still #1 in NHL although a few teams have a couple of games in hand.  

Need a reset and get back to W.   Can't let it turn into a long streak. 

Partly why I wouldn't put EP on the PK  as many times as he gets, unless its at the end of one

also

Canucks power play looks to be playing not to get scored on now, ever since that bad few games

PP playing like still at the all star (passing) game, while we get scored on from shots to the net screened or deflected

Is Newel back telling the PP to pass outside in a box to kill it off?

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

It wasn't a dive, he just fell. Brutal call.

It became a dive, when he appealed to the refs afterwards... should have had 2 min for embellishment for that...

Wtf happened to hockey? In 2011 it was bad, and it got fairly well eliminated, but has now crept back in... Remember that sweaty pig Julien moan after every game about Canucks diving while Marchant had performances worthy of the circus...