[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

Yea. No getting around that. RT knows. He seemingly stays away from raggin' on the refs in post game interviews. 

We'll step up things physicality wise when we're a full, healthy roster. I'm confident of that.

Thing about reffing is every fanbase in the league complains about it, Canucks fans aren't the only ones who feel like the refs are out to get them. Sometimes it's egregiously ugly like it was against the Wild, but by and large it's just shit around the league in general. Some of it's also on the players to not give the refs things to call. 

Fans can complain about the reffing, but nothing good comes of coaching staff and players talking about it to the media. 

Honestly though, we're still relatively healthy. We're only really missing Joshua and Soucy, if the rest of the guys can't step it up and pick up their physical play in their absence that says more about the rest of the team than our injury scenario. It's two guys. I'm expecting more physicality next game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

It became a dive, when he appealed to the refs afterwards... should have had 2 min for embellishment for that...

Wtf happened to hockey? In 2011 it was bad, and it got fairly well eliminated, but has now crept back in... Remember that sweaty pig Julien moan after every game about Canucks diving while Marchant had performances worthy of the circus...

I've always said we will have to beat the refs too, in order to win it all. 

I do think they can, if they can keep their composure and fix the PP.

• Cheers 2

On the positive I've liked JTs play over this losing streak. Thought against WPG he was really pushing hard, had the hatty in Minny and their line was great last night.

I've liked some of the looks from Peteys line aswell, Lindholm did miss an open net last night, but we do need more of a bottom line from Petey. The PP struggles definitely hurt him.

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The NHL officials are a loathsome and disgusting old boys club that punishes players and coaches for speaking their minds and rightfully criticizing their ineptitude. These turds willingly make calls out of spite. There is nothing worse for the sport than the arbitrary decision making and vindictive nature that these feckless assclowns display on a nightly basis. 

Because there is no accountability on refs, how many times has the camera caught a ref looking right at a dangerous play right in front of him and ignore it, only to continually make crap weak calls that they do all the time

Remember Burrows and after he spoke out, and that it was open season on him with non calls the rest of his career-Bush league and until fans give up watching, it will be WWF reffing  forever

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He seems to have these swings. Like they're mood swings. He'll have a stretch where he's playing great, but then have these stretches where he's playing really poorly. 

Issue is

dude thinks he’s worth 12 mil 

he’s not - sure he’s a point producer.

it also matters when you get points and when the team needs them. 

your highest paid player has to be your best player night in night out 

he’s not. he racks up against weaker competition and disappears in big games / when points are needed. 

Miller and Hughes are (and I appreciate Hughes is not up yet). But he’s not worth more than Miller 

Edited by Bardown
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Answer?  They're supposed to have some one up high that can call down (the dude you never see and isn't announced)

There was one in a submarine lurking beneath the ice.

• MillerTime 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I've always said we will have to beat the refs too, in order to win it all. 

I do think they can, if they can keep their composure and fix the PP.

100%...

Zero doubt we can... first time all season we lost 3 in a row... 2 close one and a totally weird one... so what...

Bruins just lost 3 on the spin, guess they'll miss playoffs now... 🙄

Its an extremely tough schedule we are on here... lots of games in a short period of time, with weird starting times and travel etc...

The fact we were severely outhit by Avs, suggests the team is tired... (and of course miss DAKs physicality)...

Get the home to some home cooked meals, rest, hugs from family, and we will see an invigorated team again...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bardown said:

Issue is

dude thinks he’s worth 12 mil 

he’s not - sure he’s a point producer.

it also matters when you get points and when the team needs him.

your highest paid player has to be your best player night in night out 

he’s not. Miller and Hughes are (and I appreciate Hughes is not up yet). But he’s not worth more than Miller 

Do we know that is Peteys real demand?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think he’s still getting comfortable. Honestly Hoglander has been more of that player.

Pettersson is just killing plays every time he’s out there. He’s not playing with instinct it’s like you can see him overthinking every play.

If his contract negotiations are effecting his play he’s being pretty selfish to be honest. He’s putting himself before the team. 

A bit tough on Petey. I think he is certainly trying his best to help the team win. He might be going for too many finesse plays but he probably thinks that is how he can be most effective.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

100%...

Zero doubt we can... first time all season we lost 3 in a row... 2 close one and a totally weird one... so what...

Bruins just lost 3 on the spin, guess they'll miss playoffs now... 🙄

Its an extremely tough schedule we are on here... lots of games in a short period of time, with weird starting times and travel etc...

The fact we were severely outhit by Avs, suggests the team is tired... (and of course miss DAKs physicality)...

Get the home to some home cooked meals, rest, hugs from family, and we will see an invigorated team again...

I'm looking at that 9 game home stand almost like another training camp. Huge amount of practice time right when we really need it.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Why do you even bother being a fan? You have such a negative take most of the time.

Some people, not saying @Dom is one, are fans of the Schadenfreude and are not truly happy unless the team is on a 18 game losing streak, the entire top 6 is in the sick bay, the coaches are shitting their collective pants and the GM is out on a 40th floor ledge writing his / her will. Oh ya, and the owner's stock portfolio just lost 95% of it book value and must fire sale the team - mind you they would still bitch the market hasn't corrected enough.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We are happy but realize, we've had absolutely nothing to complain about all season long, so we finally have something worthwhile to vent about. 

Do have any idea what's it's like to go a half a season without venting?????????????? OMG!!!!!

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611utcwannxkufu8xxp4

Hahahaha you're on a roll amigo 😂

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Do we know that is Peteys real demand?

Nobody outside of management and Pettersson's agent probably actually know, everyone else is probably talking out their ass 

There's a lot of speculation regarding what he wants but management has done a good job of keeping details in house 

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Yea. No getting around that. RT knows. He seemingly stays away from raggin' on the refs in post game interviews. 

We'll step up things physicality wise when we're a full, healthy roster. I'm confident of that.

He's taking every opportunity to take the high road and then give the refs props for how difficult their job is. This will work in Vancouver's favor as the season tightens up and into the Playoffs. Its done by design.

Officiating overall seems to have deteriorated from this fan's point of view but just a fan.

I can admit the Canucks get away with a lot of non calls too so. 

52 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Why do you even bother being a fan? You have such a negative take most of the time.

Sounds like a pretty good guess to me. Canucks are lacking killer instinct and confidence right now. The PP is terrible. Can't blame the refs for that. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Some people, not saying @Dom is one, are fans of the Schadenfreude and are not truly happy unless the team is on a 18 game losing streak, the entire top 6 is in the sick bay, the coaches are shitting their collective pants and the GM is out on a 40th floor ledge writing his / her will. Oh ya, and the owner's stock portfolio just lost 95% of it book value and must fire sale the team - mind you they would still bitch the market hasn't corrected enough.

I hate losing, so I am the complete opposite. However, I am highly critical when the team loses, and I can be seen as negative, which is fine I do not mind. But trust me, the last thing I am is happy when we lose haha

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Another piss poor call.....

Could it be pay back from the refs for Myers? who knows.... fact is we gotta roll with the punches and get back up on the horse...

What I would find interesting is if there was an audit of every game over the course of a season to "see" what calls were of the "borderline" / "WTF" variety and have that made public. I know the league audits refs but that is done in private and thus about as transparent as a brick wall, still would instill some confidence and accountability.

I am sure there are pundits, not the Eklund variety, that have opined on this but that would be more of the "seat-of-the-pants" analysis rather than a true in-depth examination.

Personally, I don't think the refs are out to "get" the Canucks but I certainly feel it is that way - however, I like most here are rabid fans thus a bit sensitive. Still, JT's "are you fucking kidding me" was to the point as he clearly got hosed there with the high-sticking call with his glove on shoulder of player and not on his stick.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Nobody outside of management and Pettersson's agent probably actually know, everyone else is probably talking out their ass 

There's a lot of speculation regarding what he wants but management has done a good job of keeping details in house 

Back in Nov…

General manager Patrik Allvin confirmed as much to the Daily Faceoff after the NHL's general manager meeting in Toronto on Tuesday, saying that he has met with both Pettersson's North American and Swedish agents.

“I’ve had conversations with Pat Brisson and I met with his Swedish agent a couple weeks ago when he was in town,” said Allvin. “We’re continuing to talk there and see where things go. Hopefully, we’ll get it done sooner rather than later.”

So it’s probably a good bet that the $$ discuss at that time was around at least $10M.  The article speculated at least that much.

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Back in Nov…

General manager Patrik Allvin confirmed as much to the Daily Faceoff after the NHL's general manager meeting in Toronto on Tuesday, saying that he has met with both Pettersson's North American and Swedish agents.

“I’ve had conversations with Pat Brisson and I met with his Swedish agent a couple weeks ago when he was in town,” said Allvin. “We’re continuing to talk there and see where things go. Hopefully, we’ll get it done sooner rather than later.”

So it’s probably a good bet that the $$ discuss at that time was around at least $10M.  The article speculated at least that much.

Canucks fans knew before the season began that management would try and work out a deal with Pettersson and that it'd cost 10M+

We've known that since last season, but nobody knows what the actual numbers being bandied about are

54 minutes ago, Dom said:

I can do as I please buddy. As I've said to other posters - use the ignore function I really don't give a fuck about what you have to say LOL

You are such a sweetheart. I’ll do what the fuck I want to to…so there…nananananana

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think he’s still getting comfortable. Honestly Hoglander has been more of that player.

Pettersson is just killing plays every time he’s out there. He’s not playing with instinct it’s like you can see him overthinking every play.

If his contract negotiations are effecting his play he’s being pretty selfish to be honest. He’s putting himself before the team. 

lol if contract negotiation is affecting his play.. then it’s just the management fans and media’s fault because he said many times he doesn’t want to negotiate during season and we are trying to force him to negotiate 

24 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Your reads throughout the PGT on other people and why they post their thoughts is completely off base and fabricated in your own head.

You really should just stop speaking for others. All your doing is spinning what people say to try and make them look like less of a fan and yourself look superior, but it just makes you look pouty.

If you don't like what people post then ignore them. It's not up to you to police other peoples opinions. Especially if all you can do is exaggerate