[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Even better would be to have an independent governing body that reviews calls after the games occur, so that stoppage doesn't affect the game. The review board would receive complaints and then review the call, or lack thereof, and then make a determination based on that. This could include sending repeat offenders out of game rotation, and possibly demote them to a lesser league to work out the kinks in their officiating. That screams accountability though, and that's not a word that the idiot Bettman nor his cronies like. 

That won't affect bad reffing during a game. Probably help in the long run. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It's truly comical how much hate Pettersson gets here.  If he draws a penalty, people here will just call him Bambi and a diver.  All I saw yesterday during the third was a guy fighting his way into the dirty areas and creating chances up front.  Everyone else seemed happy to pass the puck along the boards but Petey was the only guy pushing the pace up the middle.  But he didn't score so he sucks.

Fucking stupid people here.

You whine a lot. 

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I agree and yes it shouldn't take too much time, but trust me....it does... and even when the come to a conclusion often its felt like the decisions are the wrong ones... even the pundits in the studios can't agree on whether its the correct or wrong decision... Its a tough tough question, of how much do we want to interfere in the game...

Arguably the refs are interfering way more in the game with their bs calls. 

With their incompetence I rather they just swallow the whistle. 

• Like 1

It's truly comical how much hate Pettersson gets here.  If he draws a penalty, people here will just call him Bambi and a diver.  All I saw yesterday during the third was a guy fighting his way into the dirty areas and creating chances up front.  Everyone else seemed happy to pass the puck along the boards but Petey was the only guy pushing the pace up the middle.  But he didn't score so he sucks.

Fucking stupid people here.

It's truly commical how upset you get at people who see things differently than you. It's borderline sad that you need to actually call them names in order to make yourself feel better. Maybe compensating?

Maybe you need other posters to see you as some kind of tough guy? 

Either way, get over yourself. Other posts are not about you, they aren't meant to hurt your feelings, or make you mad, or trigger you. They are just people's opinions. If you can't handle that without lashing out maybe the internet isn't for you.

Just now, 24K said:

That won't affect bad reffing during a game. Probably help in the long run. 

Exactly. No need for micromanaging. Institute a governing body and most officials will try to clean up their poor calls. As well, the governing body would help to stamp out the vindictive nature that some refs have towards players who call out their incompetence, as the player would know that the governing body would review the poor call, and therefore feel no need to speak about it post game. 

With no accountability asked of the officials, they have carte blanche to do whatever they want with zero repercussions, as they know they league will allow them to hold grudges implicitly, AND willingly protects them against any criticism. No wonder players and coaches are frustrated. 

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

I'm just fucking tired about people here whining about Petey when he's consistently been one of the hardest working players on the ice.

It’s the stupid contract stall really that’s what feeds the fire. It’s nit picking, he’s a fantastic player 

35 minutes ago, 24K said:

The nhl desperately need to take one of the refs and sit them in the press box to audit penalties live. The game is too fast now to process at ice level. 

The plays happen so fast now. A ref in the box could communicate in real time to the on ice ref. Esp if there is embellishments. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

I'm just fucking tired about people here whining about Petey when he's consistently been one of the hardest working players on the ice.

Well, it's a message board. People have opinions of all kinds. Some are informed, some aren't. That's the nature of the internet and social media. 

Pettersson is, by most accounts, the most important and talented player on the team, and he's not doing much of what he's paid to do right now. Criticism comes with the territory. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

Issue is

dude thinks he’s worth 12 mil 

he’s not - sure he’s a point producer.

it also matters when you get points and when the team needs them. 

your highest paid player has to be your best player night in night out 

he’s not. he racks up against weaker competition and disappears in big games / when points are needed. 

Miller and Hughes are (and I appreciate Hughes is not up yet). But he’s not worth more than Miller 

Points wise Pettersson's probably worth more than Miller. His camp is going to argue that he's outproducing Miller offensively - which is true. But your right in that when he produces also matters. If Petey's producing against lower tier teams, but then is a no show or is invisible against the top tier teams, then yes, he's probably not in the McDavid or even Matthews tier (never said he was). It's weird how it feels like he believes he's up there, when in reality, he's a tier below those guys. I get the feeling that negotiations are going to be really tough even as the team enters into the off-season. I can see management giving him 10.5-11.5 range, but I can't imagine they would be willing to give Pettersson a 12M dollar contract unless he's producing more consistently and not having these swings during the season where he's absolutely invisible and even a detriment to the team when he's on the ice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, it's a message board. People have opinions of all kinds. Some are informed, some aren't. That's the nature of the internet and social media. 

Pettersson is, by most accounts, the most important and talented player on the team, and he's not doing much of what he's paid to do right now. Criticism comes with the territory. 

I think it's fair for fans to voice their displeasure. Your right in that he's not doing much at a critical time of the season when the team is facing off against a lot of playoff teams and top tier teams - Boston, Colorado, etc. We haven't faced Vegas yet, but is he going to disappear when we face the Knights? Without a doubt he is the most important player on the team, but he's gone MIA, and it's tough to win when your best player is missing on the ice production wise. 

I mean, fans are upset when he's being paid 7M and he's not producing. Can you imagine the response from the fanbase if he's not producing and he's earning 12M? 

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Very sound advice.

Very much so, I have 3 on mine although I think one of them has departed this site. No you aren't one nor would you be, a lot of what you post I agree with and 95% of what is posted in this forum is entertaining on a variety of fronts, at least to me it is. 

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think it's fair for fans to voice their displeasure. Your right in that he's not doing much at a critical time of the season when the team is facing off against a lot of playoff teams and top tier teams - Boston, Colorado, etc. We haven't faced Vegas yet, but is he going to disappear when we face the Knights? Without a doubt he is the most important player on the team, but he's gone MIA, and it's tough to win when your best player is missing on the ice production wise. 

I mean, fans are upset when he's being paid 7M and he's not producing. Can you imagine the response from the fanbase if he's not producing and he's earning 12M? 

Important to also remember that the vast majority of fans are also financial contributors. Buying tickets, jerseys, collectables, tv packages etc. This does in my opinion give the average fan somewhat of a right to criticize. 

Similar to paying taxes and complaining about the government. Nobody is perfect, not even Petey. 

For sure if people are straight up calling Petey nasty names or just abusing him that's out of line, but for people to constructively criticize his game, or analyze how he plays from game to game that's totally within the realm of reasonable.

Not sure why some posters get so upset when that happens. 

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He had a good game but didn't score.  Did Makar and MacKinnon not have good games last night?  They played well but didn't score either.  The scoresheet is all that matters for some people and you can tell they're not even watching the game.

25 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

It's truly commical how upset you get at people who see things differently than you. It's borderline sad that you need to actually call them names in order to make yourself feel better. Maybe compensating?

Maybe you need other posters to see you as some kind of tough guy? 

Either way, get over yourself. Other posts are not about you, they aren't meant to hurt your feelings, or make you mad, or trigger you. They are just people's opinions. If you can't handle that without lashing out maybe the internet isn't for you.

You sure are reacting strongly to thise.  The pot calling the kettle black

He had a good game but didn't score.  Did Makar and MacKinnon not have good games last night?  They played well but didn't score either.  The scoresheet is all that matters for some people and you can tell they're not even watching the game.

I watched the game and barely noticed Petey unless he is falling.

MacKinnon I noticed all night even though he also did nothing scoring wise. 

Like I said before, the problem with Petey is he no longer look dynamic out there. 

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Very much so, I have 3 on mine although I think one of them has departed this site. No you aren't one nor would you be, a lot of what you post I agree with and 95% of what is posted in this forum is entertaining on a variety of fronts, at least to me it is. 

Go Canucks Go!

Cheers,

I'm also in agreement with a lot of whats posted on here. Sometimes people just post negatively and I think it's ok to let folks vent, and in some cases the negativity is actual truth that a lot of people dont want to hear.  

I dont think professional hockey players should be free from constructive criticism regardless of if they play for your favorite team. 

I may criticize or critique every canucks player throughout the season, but not once would it ever come from a place of hate, or disdain for them. Its all good and its ok for healthy debate.

Now, lets find a way to crack this season high slump!

GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Cheers,

I'm also in agreement with a lot of whats posted on here. Sometimes people just post negatively and I think it's ok to let folks vent, and in some cases the negativity is actual truth that a lot of people dont want to hear.  

I dont think professional hockey players should be free from constructive criticism regardless of if they play for your favorite team. 

I may criticize or critique every canucks player throughout the season, but not once would it ever come from a place of hate, or disdain for them. Its all good and its ok for healthy debate.

Now, lets find a way to crack this season high slump!

GCG!

They will win in Seattle without a doubt in my mind - and that's coming from the ' negative ' or ' sage ' mother fucker himself hahahaha

16 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think it's fair for fans to voice their displeasure.

Same. 

Your right in that he's not doing much at a critical time of the season when the team is facing off against a lot of playoff teams and top tier teams - Boston, Colorado, etc. We haven't faced Vegas yet, but is he going to disappear when we face the Knights? Without a doubt he is the most important player on the team, but he's gone MIA, and it's tough to win when your best player is missing on the ice production wise. 

Hughes and Demko are equally as important, and in my opinion, more so, as they've shown more consistency in their performance. Miller as well. 

Paying Pettersson 12M would be a colossal error that I don't think Alvin or Rutherford will make. 

You sure are reacting strongly to thise.  The pot calling the kettle black

No I'm good. Just trying to help you sort through your feelings to understand why you get so upset and feel the need to attack.

Here is what you are currently doing when reading and responding to posts:

- Reading, immediately disagree with the comments, lash out at the poster calling them "stupid people, fucking idiots etc."

Here are some good options for you when you come across a post that gets you frustrated:

A - Reading, ignoring and moving on

B - Reading, considering the point of view, deciding you disagree and moving on

C - Reading, considering the point of view, deciding you disagree, then presenting a valid counter argument.

D - Reading, considering the point of view, deciding you agree and engaging in a constructive conversation

E - Doing any of the above, but then adding a "reaction" to the post

8 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Now it seems like your making assumptions of how people perceive the game, or whether they watched it or not. You do realize that people have different ways that they perceive the same thing, right?

MacKinnon and Makar have achieved something that gives them some leeway with the fans in Colorado, and Canucks fans will watch their players with greater detail than the Avs players due to the fact that they're more emotionally invested in Vancouver's roster, so bringing up MacKinnon and Makar doesn't really add much here.