[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

31 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

That’s just ridiculus. Petey is a team first player. Wich you would have known by now. 
So in my view you have an agenda writing like you do.

Shooting the puck is also a team first player if he could understand that.  It is not about trying a fancy passes but shots as well.

49 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mean sure, people are free to see Pettersson as a one-dimensional player if they really want.  And they'd be objectively wrong in just about every way.  He has definitely had more defensive lapses compared to last year, that's for sure.  But one-dimensional is beyond a stretch.  

All I see here is talk about getting rid of Pettersson.  "He's not worth $12M" "If he wants the bag so bad he should go to Toronto" "We should trade him for _____"

Petey is the future of the Canucks franchise and is being treated like one... everywhere but here.  There's a reason this meme gained traction:

CDN media

This franchise has Demko, Hughes, Miller amongst others as its future. That's not exclusively Pettersson's mantle. This team is a lot more multi-faceted than just having Pettersson as its sole future. 

And as far as everywhere but here? Spare me the histrionics. He's loved here but held to a high Sedin like standard. Some folks want him traded, and as fans, they can think that. They can speculate on the return he'd get much like people speculated on what trading both the Sedins would be like. Again, this is a fan forum. Made up of wildly different takes on fandom, each with its own merit, some more informed than others. 

Now, if Pettersson starts scoring on a tear, most will probably start being less critical of him and that will be that. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

Just looking at comps....he's putting up numbers in that range. What did Nylander get 11.5 AAV?.

Petey plays center so higher value, but Nylander also took term vs Petey apparently wanting a shorter term deal like Matthews so that can offset some.

Agents will push for that range so we can assume its what he wants I think.

Isn't it just his market value?

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Put the Lotto Line back together. Let Lindholm lead his own line. Also, Bains has shown he can play in the NHL, even though just one game, he didn't look out of place at all. Looked better than Mikheyev IMO. Give him a shot.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Bains - Lindholm - Hoglander

Mikheyev - Blueger - Garland

I think the lotto line is best saved for when they need to load one line up. I've actually liked the all Swede line, and I'd be interested to see Podkolzin get some time on the Canucks on the the Miller - Boeser line at some point.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Bains - Suter - Mikheyev

Of course Podkolzin/Hoglander can be moved down and replaced by Suter or Mikheyev as needed if they're struggling in game . I like how Podkolzin/Hoglander play a simpler straight line game. That helps with creating a bit more space for those top lines.

15 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Why is he feeling the pressure of betting on himself when he’s pretty much guaranteed he’ll get his pay regardless of if it’s in Vancouver or not? If this is affecting him and hes struggling like you guys claim but somehow still top 10 in scoring.. he must be one of the best in the world.. You want to know how important ep is to the success of the Canucks? When he doesn’t get a point the Canucks are sub .500 when Hughes or miller don’t have a point they still have a winning record. 

Cause ep40 already did this once. He was worse than replacement after signing his current contract. 

Bottom line is he is overthinking. 

Edited by 24K

16 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty obvious we need a guy thats willing to drive the net. Too much perimeter play on the powerplay. They need to add a guy that makes a living scoring greasy goals in tight.

Maybe theres an opening for Podkolzin still.

I kept watching Brock on the PP and wondering why he wasn’t going to the net where so many of his points have come from. Not sure why the team or coaches don’t seem to be seeing what we see or adjusting accordingly 

These were indeed measuring games against teams we knew we'd be measured against and we can now measure where we are and what we need to work on. 

We have a good team, a top team. We have good coaches. We're facing adversity. We need to figure it out.

The key is to not allow this three game skid to become a bigger trend. This next game against Seattle is a good optimization game to reset and prepare for Boston on Saturday. Are we really going to let Boston come into our arena and dominate us? That's up to them. Still, whatever happens, at some point, we do need to start making statements.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Right, but none of the big guys on either team showed up.  On paper, that is.  On one end, there's people praising Demko and Georgiev for their outstanding play between the pipes.  And in that same breath, they're criticizing our players for not getting things done. 

Did Pettersson disappear last night?  Far from it.  Nobody on our team attacked the net more than Petey in the third.  He was the one generating chances.  He was the one stringing passes to the slot.  But because he didn't score... he's selfish.  He's not showing up.  His attitude sucks.  That's nonsense. 

Pettersson's never going to snap his stick in frustration, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to win.  When Petey walked off the ice, you think he thought, "Yeah, I didn't play quite hard enough"?  Is that what you really think?  Now, you can say that he wasn't put in the best position to succeed, or that their set plays weren't executed correctly.  That's a substantive argument.  You could break down plays and point out how Colorado defended him or suggest how Petey's teammates can play off him better.

You're talking about one game, and no he didn't show up. As much as you want to fan boy go ahead, some of us are objective. And if you READ my post I said its been MULTIPLE big games

You move the goal posts by trying to argue about Colorado. People here are talking about a consistent pattern in BIG games where he doesn't produce

If you're asking for 12 mil dollars you better well produce in games when WE NEED IT....not when its easy....that's the point you seem to want to ignore

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

"Canucks can't beat good teams"

**Also have a 10-5-2 record against the current top 10

1-4-1 vs the Stars, Knights, Avs, Jets. Not to mention the 3 Ws vs a struggling Oilers team who has turned everything around. 

5 minutes ago, Bardown said:

You're talking about one game, and no he didn't show up. As much as you want to fan boy go ahead, some of us are objective. And if you READ my post I said its been MULTIPLE big games

You move the goal posts by trying to argue about Colorado. People here are talking about a consistent pattern in BIG games where he doesn't produce

If you're asking for 12 mil dollars you better well produce in games when WE NEED IT....not when its easy....that's the point you seem to want to ignore

Source (asking for 12). 

The Petey situation will play itself out organically. I'm actually happy to sit back and watch this. He's the one who said he wants to play for a winner. He also bet on himself to be that consistent 100+ point guy. He upped the ante. It's up to him to not allow the contract to impact his game. 

As a fan, just looking slightly ahead, I'd like to see him be the gamebreaker against Boston. That's just what I'd like to see.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Dom said:

1-4-1 vs the Stars, Knights, Avs, Jets. Not to mention the 3 Ws vs a struggling Oilers team who has turned everything around. 

Just curious, did you take that handle from that ridiculously idiotic franchise?   I find it really hard to take you seriously.   Try too.   And there are a lot of silly handles.    Terrible actor (aside from Saving Private Ryan).     Little big guy.   This has nothing to do about your opinions, but all I see is this: Driving Fast And Furious GIF by HRejterzy

And this: Fast And Furious Family GIF by The Fast Saga

(Anyone who's got kids who forced them to watch this crap, what a load!  What did this have to do with the super delusional movies they made idiots and cars into?   Cowboys at least were real.) 

And think this: Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

Just take a breath.   The teams not out of it yet.   And deserves a fanbase that supports them.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I think the lotto line is best saved for when they need to load one line up. I've actually liked the all Swede line, and I'd be interested to see Podkolzin get some time on the Canucks on the the Miller - Boeser line at some point.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Bains - Suter - Mikheyev

Of course Podkolzin/Hoglander can be moved down and replaced by Suter or Mikheyev as needed if they're struggling in game . I like how Podkolzin/Hoglander play a simpler straight line game. That helps with creating a bit more space for those top lines.

Sorry, maybe your right but I am a full believer in the LTTO line full time. I would like to see Lindholm with Hoglander and whoever works the best.

Over the last few games, it's been dreadfully obvious we have to do what worked before.

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah but the end is near. Season is over. Petterssons fault 

I could go even deeper

Pettersson's stats in those games:

Florida: 1G 2A

Rangers: 2G 3A

Boston: 0G 0A

Dallas: 1G 0A

Colorado: 0G 0A

Winnipeg: 0G 0A

Carolina: 1G 3A

Vegas: 0G 0A

Toronto: 1G 2A

Edmonton: 1G 6A

Total: 7 goals, 16 assists for 23 points

But that's non of my busniess

Edited by Pears
Included stats vs Edmonton
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Notice how I said the current top 10. If you wanna play semantics and take the Oilers games out that's still a 7-5-2 record. They're currently outside of the top 10 anyway so that's a non issue. 

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sorry, maybe your right but I am a full believer in the LTTO line full time. I would like to see Lindholm with Hoglander and whoever works the best.

Over the last few games, it's been dreadfully obvious we have to do what worked before.

I'm all for playing the lotto line as needed, but that would really affect the lines after that in terms of depth. Especially in the playoffs where matchups and depth is so key. I like the idea of Miller - Boeser and then Pettersson - Linholm. That rounds out the top 6 a lot better than just having one fully loaded line.

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah Petey poor Petey...such a bum

So for those thinking Petey disappears during big games and can't show like the Mackinnon's of the world, check this out!

Pettersson, McDavid, and MacKinnon versus: WPG, COL, VAN, VGK, CAR, TBL, FLA, BOS, DAL, NYR

Pettersson:

GP: 15

G: 5

A: 10

PTS: 15

GW: 2

McDavid:

GP: 17

G: 6

A: 15

PTS: 21

GW: 0

Mackinnon:

GP: 17

G: 6

A: 14

PTS: 20

GW: 2

Petey is not the problem. Simple

Yeah but did you see him fall down? 😤

hehe 

I understand the scrutiny in a contract year but it’s beyond overboard in my opinion 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The Petey situation will play itself out organically. I'm actually happy to sit back and watch this. He's the one who said he wants to play for a winner. He also bet on himself to be that consistent 100+ point guy. He upped the ante. It's up to him to not allow the contract to impact his game. 

As a fan, just looking slightly ahead, I'd like to see him be the gamebreaker against Boston. That's just what I'd like to see.

Boston game I’m going too! Can’t wait!

flying like 1500 km 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, 24K said:

Cause ep40 already did this once. He was worse than replacement after signing his current contract. 

Bottom line is he is overthinking. 

so he was worse in his 1st year and then was fine the other 2 years?? by your logic shouldn't he be getting worse and worse because it's affecting him?