[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

2 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Not sure you can blame either.  Fans invest a lot into cheering on their star players paying good money for jerseys and game tickets.  They are understandably nervous that he has not really come out and said that he wants to be here.  Management has a lot of free agents to sign and would like to get an idea of how much to it’s going to cost them.  It is what it is and I don’t blame any side for any of it

i mean even if EP signs a deal right now.. unless it's like well below market.. the fans are still going to rip him apart.. they'll continue to bitch about him falling down.. rip him for not taking a massive team friendly discount.. isn't scoring 150 points.. selfish pos etc etc.

16 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Well, why not? 

There's a lot of hooking and holding, clutching and grabbing and diving going on down there! 

So, not being from Vancouver, had to look up what No.5 Orange is. I thought it was a health club, like Orange Theory or sonething, lol.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bardown said:

You're talking about one game, and no he didn't show up. As much as you want to fan boy go ahead, some of us are objective. And if you READ my post I said its been MULTIPLE big games

You move the goal posts by trying to argue about Colorado. People here are talking about a consistent pattern in BIG games where he doesn't produce

If you're asking for 12 mil dollars you better well produce in games when WE NEED IT....not when its easy....that's the point you seem to want to ignore

Your post was anything but objective.  I'm quoting almost verbatim here: "He's not showing up" "He thinks he's the man" "He disappears" "He's me first, not team first" 

That is the most ridiculous generality-laden gobble you hear from crappy sports journalists.  It's an insult to the hard work he and everyone else on the Canucks put in, and frankly it's an insult to the sport, which you think an objective opinion is that "players aren't showing up".

Tell me - what set plays are the Canucks deploying in the offensive zone and what are you expecting Pettersson or the team to execute better on?  Do you want him to play lower and look for better outlets up high or do you want him to peel higher off a rim release and play a bumper role?  Give me some legitimate, objective criticisms/suggestions instead of generalizing crap.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

So, not being from Vancouver, had to look up what No.5 Orange is. I thought it was a health club, like Orange Theory or sonething, lol.

It's a health club, alright! 

It gets you real worked up! 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

One thing that definitely needs to happen is a decisive reaction to Boston when those reprobates visit Vancouver. And a decisive win! 

Well, in 2020 a couple of weeks after we lost 4-0 in Boston, we responded with a 9-3 trouncing of them:classic_ninja: 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

One thing that definitely needs to happen is a decisive reaction to Boston when those reprobates visit Vancouver. And a decisive win! 

Apparently, though, single games don't matter. These aren't measuring games. Lol

Yet at the same time in each GDT ... it's big game, huge game, big test ... lol 

Stop the insanity, get it together, and beat the effin Bruins FFS. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

This is kind of eye opening, and should put to rest some of the arguments being made in here.

For me the surprise is Brock.  70 pt pace against top 10 teams (minus the oilers).  Its funny watching the GDTs sometimes and if hes having an off game the critics come out with more of the one dimensional/soft  we should have traded him talk.  I dont think his shot is his biggest asset anymore, i think its his IQ.  He can keep up with our best players in terms of thinking the game at a high pace - faster than his feet move in some cases.  Look at that assist he fed miller last night as an example.

Regarding Petey - it would be interesting to see the other top 10-15 players records against top 10 teams.  The only guy id figure goes at a consistent high pace against all teams is McDavid - who is on a different level.

• Cheers 3

28 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i mean even if EP signs a deal right now.. unless it's like well below market.. the fans are still going to rip him apart.. they'll continue to bitch about him falling down.. rip him for not taking a massive team friendly discount.. isn't scoring 150 points.. selfish pos etc etc.

Such is the life of a star player though.  JT got ripped for his attitude even though he signed a team friendly deal.  

1 hour ago, coolboarder said:

Shooting the puck is also a team first player if he could understand that.  It is not about trying a fancy passes but shots as well.

The first thing Col did was to take away his shooting lanes. As we do with McDavid etc…

It means he’s supporting players need to crash in and cause havoc, creating space.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Apparently, though, single games don't matter. These aren't measuring games. Lol

Yet at the same time in each GDT ... it's big game, huge game, big test ... lol 

Stop the insanity, get it together, and beat the effin Bruins FFS. 

Beat them soundly.angry homer simpson GIF

• Haha 2

BOS is the game.

If the Canucks lose against the Bruins at home and Petey disappears, then that will be telling and cause for concern

but, if the Canucks win, all will be forgotten and we'll be planning the parade again lol 

Must win

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

This is kind of eye opening, and should put to rest some of the arguments being made in here.

For me the surprise is Brock.  70 pt pace against top 10 teams (minus the oilers).  Its funny watching the GDTs sometimes and if hes having an off game the critics come out with more of the one dimensional/soft  we should have traded him talk.  I dont think his shot is his biggest asset anymore, i think its his IQ.  He can keep up with our best players in terms of thinking the game at a high pace - faster than his feet move in some cases.  Look at that assist he fed miller last night as an example.

Regarding Petey - it would be interesting to see the other top 10-15 players records against top 10 teams.  The only guy id figure goes at a consistent high pace against all teams is McDavid - who is on a different level.

Boesers IQ showed when he and Petey found each other so well in the Petey’s  rookie season.

13 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Such is the life of a star player though.  JT got ripped for his attitude even though he signed a team friendly deal.  

i don't think it's a team friendly deal maybe 500k for his age and only 1 season of 99 points it would be a team friendly deal if it's not an anchor at the last 3-4 years

54 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so he was worse in his 1st year and then was fine the other 2 years?? by your logic shouldn't he be getting worse and worse because it's affecting him?

Time heal all wounds. He got over it eventually just like you would too after a few month in a new job.