[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

Time heal all wounds. He got over it eventually just like you would too after a few month in a new job. 

so again he's a top 10 player while struggling.. like you guys claim.. then that would make him worth all the money he'll get coz he's going to be better than 7th in scoring if he wasn't struggling coz he's betting on himself??

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so again he's a top 10 player while struggling.. like you guys claim.. then that would make him worth all the money he'll get coz he's going to be better than 7th in scoring if he wasn't struggling coz he's betting on himself??

I am saying he is not dynamic out there and look to be over thinking and griping his stick extra hard.

I expect him to be more cerebral and a game breaker if he just let loose and let instinct take over. 

I had never said he was playing bad but he probably will bring that extra gear we are looking for in big games if he gets out of his head. 

36 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

we be a tad beat up.

We have a lot to learn.  VGK has placed Eichel on LTIR and Stone left the game injured as well.  Big LTIR dollars to VGK coming right up! Just before the TDL! Amazing timing! 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm thinking Alvin is grabbing Tanev in short order. 

Tanev is like getting back together with an ex and then haveing no way to double break thier heart when yu realize all the reasons you let them go in the first place

Soucy's Cap in LTIR means we can do something much bigger.

I would rather get 4 Kessel's at $850k under the cap after the deadline when we unlock roster size than one tanev. Unless you are talking about Brandon

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Tanev is like getting back together with an ex and then haveing no way to double break thier heart when yu realize all the reasons you let them go in the first place

Soucy's Cap in LTIR means we can do something much bigger.

I would rather get 4 Kessel's at $850k under the cap after the deadline when we unlock roster size than one tanev. Unless you are talking about Brandon

It would be very nice to add some players with a chip on their shoulder. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm thinking Alvin is grabbing Tanev in short order. 

I read somewhere that we had offered Cole & Myckev plus a first for Tanev and Sharagonov 

sounds like a bit of an overpayment, unless Tanev has already agreed to a new reasonable contract

8 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I read somewhere that we had offered Cole & Myckev plus a first for Tanev and Sharagonov 

sounds like a bit of an overpayment, unless Tanev has already agreed to a new reasonable contract

I dont think we need a Tanev again. Those days are behind us. With the cap space from Soucy we can be thrifty at the TDL, if something happens it happens. But we can open up roster spots the next day and bring up Podz, Bains, Woo, Wolanin, DPetey (if he is done) Letterkenny (when he is done) and give them some NHL time before playoffs.

For those who dont know, after the trade deadline, you can have as many players as you want as long as they fit under Cap and have a contract.

After playoffs start, no Cap, no roster number restrictions.

Edited by VintageActualCanuckfan

9 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

I doubt the Canucks are making an immanent move other than what they already have in calling up Woo. 

They will make a move by TDL for sure.  Just uncertain how and what.  PA won't be sitting still. 

12 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Cole is worth more than Tanev. At least currently. If Cole re-signs at a senior discount we keep him over tanev every day next year.

Mik is so undervalued compared to his cost, it would be a dumpster fire trade. Why.... we dont need to, we are not desperate. He can earn his way to his value, might take a bit of time..

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They will make a move by TDL for sure.  Just uncertain how and what.  PA won't be sitting still. 

its too bad we are past the deadline to get MIK on LTIR for his recovery... that would have been some awesome cap space.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coho8888 said:

If you include travel days and the AS week

which practically all of our core were part of, we have or will have after the game tmmr, spent only 4 out of 21 days at home.  That’s nuts.  It’s not something I have seen with our team ever.

Yep, hence I'm not too concerned about it not going totally to plan. 
Give them a bit of rest and they'll start racking up the points again. 
As for all the talk about, which fabulous team we've lost to, I couldn't give a rats arse. 
They don't hand out trophees in February, and regardless whats the alternative?

Roll with it and see, where we are in June. 

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, 24K said:

I am saying he is not dynamic out there and look to be over thinking and griping his stick extra hard.

I expect him to be more cerebral and a game breaker if he just let loose and let instinct take over. 

I had never said he was playing bad but he probably will bring that extra gear we are looking for in big games if he gets out of his head. 

And I’m saying he’s guarded pretty well by the other teams. The thinking hard and griping stick is your own mind thinking. 

So he needs a player around him that can cause a bit of havoc or a Hughes that can divert interest from him.

Every single one of the top players need that.

So if you think Petey can’t reach his potential it’s because of the support players. 

Can you name one player today that can handle everything himself? 

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

And I’m saying he’s guarded pretty well by the other teams. The thinking hard and griping stick is your own mind thinking. 

So he needs a player around him that can cause a bit of havoc or a Hughes that can divert interest from him.

Every single one of the top players need that.

So if you think Petey can’t reach his potential it’s because of the support players. 

Can you name one player today that can handle everything himself? 

McDavid 

Also if Petey needs someone else to be effective instead of the driver than he is not worth the money he is asking. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

McDavid 

Also if Petey needs someone else to be effective instead of the driver than he is not worth the money he is asking. 

McDavid also needs Draisatl and others to not get nullified.

Haven’t you seen that? 
I’ve seen the Canucks nullify McDavid a lot.

So you say that McDavid should get 12 because he gets nullified from time to time and Petey 10?  
Do you believe McDavid settles for 12? 

I can agree that McDavid is probably worth 2 mill more than Petey.

15 minutes ago, 24K said:

McDavid 

You got a link for that?  Are you sure your source isn't your imagination?