[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

Not a terrible loss.  

Sucks to lose with such schedule.  But it is what it is.  If they had won yesterday, this wouldn't be such a frustrating loss.

0-2-0.   Need to win one next game to salvage the road trip. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I'll be the first to say I'm more than in a panic. We simply cannot beat the big heavy contenders. We'll beat Seattle and then lose again to Boston Saturday night to further prove this point. 

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

That's bad. Bad for this league.

I agree that it’s a dive but given what’s been going on, why the hell does Cole need to put his stick there?  Just gives them an excuse to call it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not a terrible loss.  

Sucks to lose with such schedule.  But it is what it is.  If they had won yesterday, this wouldn't be such a frustrating loss.

0-2-0.   Need to win one next game to salvage the road trip. 

Well they also can score on their pp. We like to practice our pk on our pp. Always a joy to kill our own pp.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

I'll be the first to say I'm more than in a panic. We simply cannot beat the big heavy contenders. We'll beat Seattle and then lose again to Boston Saturday night to further prove this point. 

Pretty hard to play up to the favorites when our supposedly best player does disappearing acts all the time. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

We've gotten through hard roadtrips. Only ones left are west coast, phoenix and a one-off in winnipeg for last game.

Had a good consistent run but powerplay, pens and good teams have beat us up plus joshua and soucy out.

Things to work on:

1) Powerplay - setup is ok but the avs showed us how to move in after setup, really simple but it works better than endless passes. Need to shoot more and move pettey if he won't shoot.

2)Backup goalie - Seems like desmith needs a break, time to give arty a few.

3) Line tweaks, suter is fine defensively but he misses too much. Mik needs to stay on the 4th. We moved lazar last year, i'd move lafferty. Suter should center it.

4)Timeouts - we can tell when the canucks are in a tailspin, tocchet calls timeout for big pp chances only. Need to improve.

Pretty small list but great season so far, play in seattle, regroup.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Bains played well for his 1st game. Had a couple of good setups for Blueger and was tough on the puck. What a difference it would make if Suter, Mikheyev and Blueger could pot the odd goal, and we know there would be a difference with Soucy and Joshua back. It was a good game and the Avs had a couple of lucky bounces.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Pretty gard to play up to the favorites when our supposedly best player does disappearing acts all the time. 

The management is pretty lucky that Petey didn’t sign a contract right now. These pressure  games and his lack of presence actually help negate his ability to ask for more. Pressure moments. You better show up at some point. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Usual suspect #1

• Cheers 3