[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I'm not sure if the conditioning stint has any cap effect. Trying to read it but it seems like it doesn't. IR has no effect on cap, only LTIR does.

Assigning brings up the buried contract provisions and waivers, and i think that's what the conditioning loan seems to be about, sidestepping those for a short period but it doesn't affect cap (as either ltir so already cap effect or no effect).

So its possible to keep them in shape while on LTIR. Maybe you can retro josh? 

I think there is a "mostly" answer in an article a poster elsewhere put up -> 

So, LTIR cap gymnastics are possible but there are risks to Canucks covered more eloquently in the article than I could articulate plus why regurgitate something already written.

Still doesn't quite answer the Conditioning Stint part of the question which may be a possible way of getting a bit of jump for playoff game readiness rather than bringing in a player off of LTIR cold like Vegas did last year with Mark Stone.

Anyway, as usual GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I was listening Halford and Brough on Sportsnet 650 and they brought this topic on officiating. (Praphrasing) 

It was a long discussion in response to the loss at Minnesota (you can view it in the Podcast on Spotify) but basically and paraphrasing, while they feel the fanbase can point out questionable calls (or non-calls) from time to time, he does feel the fanbase has too much of a "victim mentality" and should stop thinking the refs are intentionally doing malice against the Canucks.

Plus the focus needs to be on the team and not the officiating since officiating is going to change in the final stretch of the season and playoffs 

So "the refs are intentionally doing incompetence against the Canucks" it is then.

42 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I think there is a "mostly" answer in an article a poster elsewhere put up -> 

So, LTIR cap gymnastics are possible but there are risks to Canucks covered more eloquently in the article than I could articulate plus why regurgitate something already written.

Still doesn't quite answer the Conditioning Stint part of the question which may be a possible way of getting a bit of jump for playoff game readiness rather than bringing in a player off of LTIR cold like Vegas did last year with Mark Stone.

Anyway, as usual GO CANUCKS GO!

Read the original article. The Nucks can add approx. 3.25 mil of additional cap space by putting Soucy on retro LTIR, which they did today.

the problem is that if they spend it, Soucy would have to miss their remaining 24 games. If he is ready before then, it would be better for us if he played the stretch leading up to the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Singing Chef said:

This recent regression in team performance is something I've seen in teams before; more specifically teams that send multiple players to the ASG.  Instead of a break in schedule for a few days to rest a bit, mend the body and mind, and prepare for the balance of a gruelling 82 game schedule, they get caught up in more travelling and games/contests and come back exhausted instead of rested.  The Canucks had 5 key players (I believe) who fit that category, plus a coach.  I'm not surprised that some of these players seem off their game - and there are 24 crucial games yet to be played, plus the playoffs.  I HATE the ASG !

Cheers image.png.5b7cb2351632c201a32a580f41caed9a.png

..actually 6 players if you include Lindholm.

19 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Read the original article. The Nucks can add approx. 3.25 mil of additional cap space by putting Soucy on retro LTIR, which they did today.

the problem is that if they spend it, Soucy would have to miss their remaining 24 games. If he is ready before then, it would be better for us if he played the stretch leading up to the playoffs.

What I was wondering about is if (1) assuming that Soucy will not be ready to go back into the fray until say April 1 (April Fools) and (2) the Canucks assign him to play 2 weeks in Abby to bring his conditioning up, does the time he spends in Abby count against the CAP or given he will spend a maximum of 14 days in Abby under Rule 13.8 then his cap hit will be 0 during this period as well taking him right into Game 1 without a cap hit from now until Game 1.

An interesting academic exercise is all. 

Edited by Rocket-68

11 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

On a related / not related note, really looking forward to @Crimson JH GDT tomorrow, the last one she did was EPIC and probably one of the best ones done, at least in my humble opinion.

Thanks and that means a lot! I’m sorry I hate to say this. I had to cancel it about 3 weeks ago. I’m working on a big project for a client atm. I will pick up one more, probably around playoffs time. 

• Cheers 3
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

What I was wondering about is if (1) assuming that Soucy will not be ready to go back into the fray until say April 1 (April Fools) and (2) the Canucks assign him to play 2 weeks in Abby to bring his conditioning up, does the time he spends in Abby count against the CAP or given he will spend a maximum of 14 days in Abby under Rule 13.8 then his cap hit will be 0 during this period as well taking him right into Game 1 without a cap hit from now until Game 1.

An interesting academic exercise is all. 

I am not sure but my guess is that would be a no go from the league as suspected cap circumvention. That rule gives the commish veto and punishing power at his discretion.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Crimson JH said:

Thanks and that means a lot! I’m sorry I hate to say this. I had to cancel it about 3 weeks ago. I’m working on a big project for a client atm. I will pick up one more, probably around playoffs time. 

Your ideas and artwork are excellent!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

That’s just ridiculus. Petey is a team first player. Wich you would have known by now. 
So in my view you have an agenda writing like you do.

I have an agenda? Lol 

it’s a hockey team dude 

10 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

We need someone to produce a goal.

Our third line has been gold when the other team tries to nullify mostly Petey.

Do you think the Avalanches fans crucify MacKinnon becaus it was their third line that produced in that game?

As I’ve said in a previous post 

it’s not about ONE game 

it’s a pattern many see 

if you’re a fan boy and can’t be objective, that’s your issue 

maybe you “have an agenda” 😂 

21 minutes ago, Bardown said:

As I’ve said in a previous post 

it’s not about ONE game 

it’s a pattern many see 

if you’re a fan boy and can’t be objective, that’s your issue 

maybe you “have an agenda” 😂 

So what is the pattern?

MacKinnon didn’t produce or Petey didn’t produce or McDavid didn’t produce etc.

That means that the best players know their worth and the other teams know it also. Petey and the others are heavily guarded.

The agenda bit from you about Petey not being a team first player is just that, an agenda.

Petey does everything Tocchet tells him to do. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

A few things pop off the page here.   QHs production takes a nose dive to .55 without EDM blow outs.   Carson Soucy (who in the past, really up's his game in the post season ... sure noticed him (and Hartman) during the bubble) seems to wake up against these teams (not sure he's actually had though  ... but still maybe he's a Linden era player, as in just better in the post season).   And Lindholm.    Man sure hope that's how things go for him and the team.    Miller feasts a little, but that's also much deserved, Tochett often plays his line against the McDavid, McKinnon, Kucherov's.     Hronek also appears to step up.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Well said.

Absolutely.  "They are legit".   "They are a good team" "Every team has lost three in a row"  

Last time we faced this adversity, when Soucy went down until the Zadarov trade, it was win one lose one win one lose one lose two win two etc etc.    Watching this video is a good summation, the CFF is anxious.    

And like he said, we should try and buckle in, and enjoy the ride.    Of course we are legit, we showed that during some intense road trips this season.    We sent a starting line-up, to the all-star game.  Hronek would have also been invited, under the old rules (where not every team sent was guaranteed to send a player).   

Not many teams, run the table from the start until the end.    Only two that I can think of, and Boston last year wasn't one of them but pretty close.    

Re-set in SEA.    Can see one of our players stepping up in Boston as well.   

Demko isn't stealing a ton of games like Luongo had to do his first few seasons.  Huge difference between the team we had going into the bubble, it's better.     Cores matured.   All now in their primes.    Playoffs are all but a certainty.   We are deeper then the 2011 team upfront by quite a margin, only team i've personally watched this deep was the 92/93 one upfront.    

Winning a cup this year isn't something i'd bet on, at the same time, shouldn't rule it out because we've just had a truly odd set of games.   WNP we outplayed them.   MIN up 5-2 never seen anything like that before.    COL was evenly played.   

Throw the MIN game out and flush it down the toilet.    A good learning experience maybe.  

The time to start worrying, is a ten game sample size.      So get that side as well.  5-4-1 ... Just like Vegas.   Just like COL.   WNP is 4-5-1.     Some teams are on heaters too, FLD and CAR and the Rangers.    I'd be a bit more concerned, if the other powers that be in our division and conference were gaining a lot of ground.    Home ice advantage takes 82 games of utter commitment.    24 games left.    If we flounder and go .500 the rest of the way, that's 104 points.   

Hard to project the future, from where i'm sitting, feel we shouldn't have too much trouble adding 30 points given the schedule and that I actually believe we've got a great team right now compared to our peers.    Presidents trophy or not, likely end up with 114 or so points.     Which looks good enough to lock in home ice for the first couple rounds anyways.  

• MillerTime 1