[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

8 hours ago, Bardown said:

As I’ve said in a previous post 

it’s not about ONE game 

it’s a pattern many see 

if you’re a fan boy and can’t be objective, that’s your issue 

maybe you “have an agenda” 😂 

He's got 73 pojnts in 58 games and is +15. Nine gwg's.

He's ok.

Is he playing to his potential right now? Nope. Are top players always "on"? Nope.

FTR: I'm a fangirl. 

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Teams lose, even games in a row.

• Boston lost 5 out of 6 games to start this month.
  • Vegas just lost 3 in a row.
  • Avs lost 5 out of 6 to start this month.
  • Panthers lost 4 in a row recently.
  • Rangers lost 9 of 14 games in January.
  • Jets just lost 5 in a row.
  • Stars just lost 3 in a row
  • Laffs lost 4 in a row in January (5 out of 6)

All top teams.

A lot of teams are readjusting (and wearing down) after the Christmas then the AS break. And teams battling for a wild card spot are pushing extra hard.

Let's go easy on our team, they've been afforded enough room to have a few losses. The atrocious reffing hasn't helped but they'll regroup.

Yes, special teams a concern. They'll figure it out.

Facts.  Love it.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

He's got 73 pojnts in 58 games and is +15. Nine gwg's.

He's ok.

Is he playing to his potential right now? Nope. Are top players always "on"? Nope.

FTR: I'm a fangirl. 

Cool

So what...We disagree, He's not worth 12 million. Putting up points against weak teams isn't what you're paid 12 mil for (which is where he is likely expecting given comps).

And if you took the time to read my many posts on this issue, the issue is a pattern of not showing up when it MATTERS, in BIG GAMES. As I said, I am 100% sure you cannot say the same about Miller and Hughes. And given how many others feel the same there is clearly a consensus building about this. Our opinions are as valid as yours...

Edited by Bardown

12 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

So what is the pattern?

MacKinnon didn’t produce or Petey didn’t produce or McDavid didn’t produce etc.

That means that the best players know their worth and the other teams know it also. Petey and the others are heavily guarded.

The agenda bit from you about Petey not being a team first player is just that, an agenda.

Petey does everything Tocchet tells him to do. 

Again you're talking about one game

Boston

Winnipeg

Minnesota

Colorado

That's just in the last 6 games or so. All games we needed our best offensive players to produce.....please stop talking about one game. Its been explained to you repeatedly.

13 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Again you're talking about one game

Boston

Winnipeg

Minnesota

Colorado

That's just in the last 6 games or so. All games we needed our best offensive players to produce.....please stop talking about one game. Its been explained to you repeatedly.

Again, it’s the team down to our fourth line and 5/6D that wins those games including our spare parts. 

Not the superstars of the team.

Wich has been repeatedly explained …

And as been shown, Petey has produced most points of the team against top ten. 
So I’m not sure what you want except shit stirring on this forum.

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Absolutely.  "They are legit".   "They are a good team" "Every team has lost three in a row"  

Last time we faced this adversity, when Soucy went down until the Zadarov trade, it was win one lose one win one lose one lose two win two etc etc.    Watching this video is a good summation, the CFF is anxious.    

And like he said, we should try and buckle in, and enjoy the ride.    Of course we are legit, we showed that during some intense road trips this season.    We sent a starting line-up, to the all-star game.  Hronek would have also been invited, under the old rules (where not every team sent was guaranteed to send a player).   

Not many teams, run the table from the start until the end.    Only two that I can think of, and Boston last year wasn't one of them but pretty close.    

Re-set in SEA.    Can see one of our players stepping up in Boston as well.   

Demko isn't stealing a ton of games like Luongo had to do his first few seasons.  Huge difference between the team we had going into the bubble, it's better.     Cores matured.   All now in their primes.    Playoffs are all but a certainty.   We are deeper then the 2011 team upfront by quite a margin, only team i've personally watched this deep was the 92/93 one upfront.    

Winning a cup this year isn't something i'd bet on, at the same time, shouldn't rule it out because we've just had a truly odd set of games.   WNP we outplayed them.   MIN up 5-2 never seen anything like that before.    COL was evenly played.   

Throw the MIN game out and flush it down the toilet.    A good learning experience maybe.  

The time to start worrying, is a ten game sample size.      So get that side as well.  5-4-1 ... Just like Vegas.   Just like COL.   WNP is 4-5-1.     Some teams are on heaters too, FLD and CAR and the Rangers.    I'd be a bit more concerned, if the other powers that be in our division and conference were gaining a lot of ground.    Home ice advantage takes 82 games of utter commitment.    24 games left.    If we flounder and go .500 the rest of the way, that's 104 points.   

Hard to project the future, from where i'm sitting, feel we shouldn't have too much trouble adding 30 points given the schedule and that I actually believe we've got a great team right now compared to our peers.    Presidents trophy or not, likely end up with 114 or so points.     Which looks good enough to lock in home ice for the first couple rounds anyways.  

Thank you, the voice of reason 

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Again, it’s the team down to our fourth line and 5/6D that wins those games including our spare parts. 

Not the superstars of the team.

Wich has been repeatedly explained …

And as been shown, Petey has produced most points of the team against top ten. 
So I’m not sure what you want except shit stirring on this forum.

Its called hockey, its a game

If you don't like my opinon

Don't read it

You are not the Arbiter of opinions or truth

I would suggest you use facts and look at games where we "NEEDED GOALS" and how he produced

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/4233566/elias-pettersson

And yes its  a team game

So then don't ask for 12 million if you're not going to produce when we need it and use the "team game excuse".... see how it works?

Edited by Bardown

20 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Don't read it

I would suggest you use facts and look at games where we "NEEDED GOALS" and how he produced

And yes its  a team game

So then don't ask for 12 million if you're not going to produce when we need it and use the "team game excuse".... see how it works?

Every star player gets nullified. Especially with a better opponent.

What you mean is that McDavid should score at least two goals and an assist playing the Canucks and if he fails he should get less than ten mill.

It doesn’t work that way.

Why didn’t MacKinnon step up and score some goals playing us. Why was it their third line stepping up? 

MacKinnon has 12,6 million with yesterdays contract. Why didn’t he finish us off early? 
you’re just ridiculus demanding Petey to be at least at McDavids level to demand 12 mill when McDavid wants 15 mill.

Just ridiculus… 

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

Cool

So what...We disagree, He's not worth 12 million. Putting up points against weak teams isn't what you're paid 12 mil for (which is where he is likely expecting given comps).

And if you took the time to read my many posts on this issue, the issue is a pattern of not showing up when it MATTERS, in BIG GAMES. As I said, I am 100% sure you cannot say the same about Miller and Hughes. And given how many others feel the same there is clearly a consensus building about this. Our opinions are as valid as yours...

IMG_3221.png

Don't read it

And yes its  a team game

Provide a source that says he's asked for 12.   Sure haven't seen one.   And don't be angry about it.   Is he worth that?  That's a debate.  But please stop framing it like that.   Your invalidating EP.   Would it make you happier if it was 11? 

In case you've followed what has been said ... When MT and Barzal signed their deals,  his Agent said he'd be in the MT discussion as far as money and term goes.   Personally, haven't read anything else other then talking heads agreeing his next deal will start with a 10, and that he'd become the first Canuck to earn 100 million.    Not that his deal would be that, but that his career earnings would be that. 

Edited by IBatch

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Provide a source that says he's asked for 12.   Sure haven't seen one.   And don't be angry about it.   Is he worth that?  That's a debate.  But please stop framing it like that.   Your invalidating EP.   Would it make you happier if it was 11? 

In case you've followed what has been said ... When MT and Barzal signed their deals,  his Agent said he'd be in the MT discussion as far as money and term goes.   Personally, haven't read anything else other then talking heads agreeing his next deal will start with a 10, and that he'd become the first Canuck to earn 100 million.    Not that his deal would be that, but that his career earnings would be that. 

I've explained this

I am not sure why you can't understand what comps are

Nylander got 11.5 is not a center

Do you think Petey is asking for Less?

Go argue with your pet potato

Matthew Tkachuk signed a 8 year, $76,000,000 contract with Florida on Jul. 22, 2022.

What year is it?

Has the cap gone up since?

Is Tkachuk a center?

You may also want to consider the tax situation in Florida vs Canada....it seems you're missing important issues

Edited by Bardown

Cool

27 minutes ago, Bardown said:

charts are fun

love to see your source

I can make up charts in excel too champ

Here ya go…champ.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-have-matched-up-well-against-the-top-teams-in-the-nhl-8302304

I've explained this

I am not sure why you can't understand what comps are

Nylander got 11.5 is not a center

Do you think Petey is asking for Less?

Go argue with your pet potato

Matthew Tkachuk signed a 8 year, $76,000,000 contract with Florida on Jul. 22, 2022.

What year is it?

Has the cap gone up since?

Is Tkachuk a center?

You may also want to consider the tax situation in Florida vs Canada....it seems you're missing important issues

Good.  So, instead of saying "he's asking for 12" and then ripping into why he shouldn't get 12, state "Nylander got x".   As for MT, 9.5 is the same thing, as 11 in our market like it or not. 

Indeed what year is it.   Was cap going up then?   1 a year.   BTW.   Barkov is EPs closest comp.   Another no state tax deal.   36.6% versus 53%.   Do the math.    The issue I have with your posts is the language.   We have no clue what he's "asking" and what he's been offered.    Why pick on him for that like he's personally hurt your feelings for some reason.   Instead debate his value.  No emotion attached. 

Edited by IBatch

48 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good.  So, instead of saying "he's asking for 12" and then ripping into why he shouldn't get 12, state "Nylander got x".   As for MT, 9.5 is the same thing, as 11 in our market like it or not. 

Indeed what year is it.   Was cap going up then?   1 a year.   BTW.   Barkov is EPs closest comp.   Another no state tax deal.   36.6% versus 53%.   Do the math.    The issue I have with your posts is the language.   We have no clue what he's "asking" and what he's been offered.    Why pick on him for that like he's personally hurt your feelings for some reason.   Instead debate his value.  No emotion attached. 

how about this

If i'm right and it comes out he wants 12 plus,  you never post here again, and vice versa

good luck

how about this

If i'm right and it comes out he wants 12 plus,  you never post here again, and vice versa

good luck

You'd do better at making a point if you weren't so abrasive.

All games are big games....points count the same no matter who the opponents are.

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

You'd do better at making a point if you weren't so abrasive.

All games are big games....points count the same no matter who the opponents are.

just because people have different opinions than you doesn’t make them wrong nor abrasive 

perhaps you’re the one with the issue and not me like you’re suggesting. 

Your abusive insult is noted and would imply you’re the one with the issue 

thanks 

Edited by Bardown

19 hours ago, IBatch said:

Listen to Halford and Brough second hour today 

after the AJ pizza Joint guy they said according to Dhali the Canucks offered Petey 12 mil aav x 8 before the season 

he said wait till after the season 

it’s clear he wants even more 

thanks