[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

We've gotten through hard roadtrips. Only ones left are west coast, phoenix and a one-off in winnipeg for last game.

Had a good consistent run but powerplay, pens and good teams have beat us up plus joshua and soucy out.

Things to work on:

1) Powerplay - setup is ok but the avs showed us how to move in after setup, really simple but it works better than endless passes. Need to shoot more and move pettey if he won't shoot.

2)Backup goalie - Seems like desmith needs a break, time to give arty a few.

3) Line tweaks, suter is fine defensively but he misses too much. Mik needs to stay on the 4th. We moved lazar last year, i'd move lafferty. Suter should center it.

4)Timeouts - we can tell when the canucks are in a tailspin, tocchet calls timeout for big pp chances only. Need to improve.

Pretty small list but great season so far, play in seattle, regroup.

Don’t think we’ve had much practice time  since the AS Break.  Shows on our PP.  Soucy and Joshua are more important to our team than we think

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Believe In Blue said:

Sucks to lose 3 straight, but honestly (I’ve said this before), I think this team needed to face some adversity and this will hopefully be a good lesson for them down the road that not every thing will go their way. 

Everyone needs to stop getting bent out of shape. Sheesh 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rounoush said:

It's not the entries that are the problem. It's what we are doing when we are in the zone.

Exactly.

We had more than enough time set up and looks at the net to take shots but it’s like they have no interest in shooting unless it’s a perfect cross ice pass or perfectly placed one timer.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Guadeloupe Jones said:

Still rolling one up.  Georgiev had a hell of a game.  He’s been subpar this year and showed out tonight.  Perhaps it’s my payback for benching him in fantasy.  Long season. Light one up with me 🔥

-Guadeloupe Jones 

How has he been subpar? He was at this year's all-star game. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Playoffs are a completely different animal.

You play the same team again and again and it’s all about adapting and out working the opponent. There’s no teams taking advantage of teams who played the night before or at weird times with travel.

All tonight’s game told me is that the Canucks match up pretty well with the AVs. We could have easily one that game with a bounce. Home ice may have even gotten us those extra calls.

Hopefully you're right. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

We had more than enough time set up and looks at the net to take shots but it’s like they have no interest in shooting unless it’s a perfect cross ice pass or perfectly placed one timer.

This is why I think the pp need worse players on it where they don't have the skill to do all these passing. 

We need a skill down on the pp. 

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well forgive the lingo but he's right; this is bogus;

Two bogus penalties but that’s not the story of the game.

Our powerplay needs to be a difference maker. Too much talent to be that bad.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Nux played 58 games, higest in NHL.  

Fatigue will catch up to you, and it's showing. 

Still #1 in NHL although a few teams have a couple of games in hand.  

Need a reset and get back to W.   Can't let it turn into a long streak. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, 24K said:

Pretty hard to play up to the favorites when our supposedly best player does disappearing acts all the time. 

Certainly not worth more $$$ than McJesus or Mckinnon, which is what everyone expects he'll get on his new contract!    They can cash him out before they ever pay him more than them two and a number of others.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1