[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

Is this a problem with Yeo?

I don't even know what Yeo do.

Tocchet is in charge of pp1 and apparently the Sedins for pp2. 

Problem is Rick. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

We had more than enough time set up and looks at the net to take shots but it’s like they have no interest in shooting unless it’s a perfect cross ice pass or perfectly placed one timer.

Agreed, it's like they are addicted to the highlight goal and won't settle for the greasy, straight forward ones.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Knucklhd said:

I find it amusing how a team at the top of the standings, who are having an incredible, yet unexpected season, gets trashed by their fan base.  This team is fine, it is slumping, it happens. They have things to work on, so does every team.  They have played great all year and continue to bounce back.  We are going to the playoffs, which anyone would have been happy with before the season started.  Enjoy the ride and look forward to playoff hockey!!

We are happy but realize, we've had absolutely nothing to complain about all season long, so we finally have something worthwhile to vent about. 

Do have any idea what's it's like to go a half a season without venting?????????????? OMG!!!!!

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611utcwannxkufu8xxp4

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Just now, Knucklhd said:

Agreed, it's like they are addicted to the highlight goal and won't settle for the greasy, straight forward ones.

Which is the majority of goals scored in the playoffs.

Honestly if I’m Allvin I’m looking for a Coleman type player. This team is lacking that.

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's something to that. The team earlier was working as a unit together and lots of teamwork. Right now it seems there's a lot of individual play.

But man do some changes to the PP. 2 minutes of passing drills is not cutting it.

Canucks played a great game against a big talented opponent. The difference; the PP is officially costing us games now, something has to be done.

I’d start with getting Petey off it…maybe get Hronek out there at point; use miller in Petey role and Hughes in Millers spot. I don’t know what is up with Petterson, but he’s slow, weak on his skates and the pick, and isn’t hustling at all. If he’s injuried, that fine, but shelter his minutes please.

Edited by BC_Hawk

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

Dunno who's supposed to start the PGTs, but whoever it is is awfully slow to get there.  So I've made one.

Anyways, stop the panic.  The 2010-11 team literally played .500 hockey between Feb 7th and Mar 3rd that season.  This team is doing fine.  

For a silver lining, I present:

1) Right in there all the way through the game

2) Last team to be saddled with the moniker "3 losses in a row"

3) Throwing away the Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild / Ref Fusion, the success over the last "while" has been with a Power Play that has been in a wee bit of a tailspin, yes we scored one yesterday.

4) Bains looks like he belongs (very small sample size yes) and if coaches give him a few more games to prove it then all the bitching and moaning about jettisoning some Cap Space will be much easier for PA / JR to manage knowing there is a capable low cost player to fill in a spot that one of the pricier players is currently occupying - Hello Cap Space my old friend, I so wanted to love you long time again, 

5) Once the PP donkey cart that is currently keeled over on its side gets righted, then salad days will be coming back with a vengeance

On the last one, perhaps finding a power play coach might be the ticket - although adding this late in the season may be too much. Neville Brown worked wonders with the 2010-2011 team and the skill on this team isn't dogshit compared to that team for PP.

6) Flying Phil might just be signed 

7) Trades incoming for a Cam Neely type player (well, maybe not that good of a player) given point (4) - let him prove he stays coaches.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Knucklhd said:

I find it amusing how a team at the top of the standings, who are having an incredible, yet unexpected season, gets trashed by their fan base.  This team is fine, it is slumping, it happens. They have things to work on, so does every team.  They have played great all year and continue to bounce back.  We are going to the playoffs, which anyone would have been happy with before the season started.  Enjoy the ride and look forward to playoff hockey!!

Partly I think it has to do with the fear that a few losses signals the beginning of a collapse and that what we have done up to now was smoke and mirrors.  Teams go through ups and downs during the year.  We’ve had few downs and mostly ups.  Just so happens the times we play these teams like Bos, Jets, Col are the times we are not playing that well.  Wonder how we would have fared playing these teams during our great 7 day road trip earlier this year?

• Vintage 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

PP2 sucks too. 

Sedins trying to coach a bunch of plugs to play like them on the pp.

What would you expect. Also they aren't on the bench so not sure what coaching they even got.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guadeloupe Jones said:

2.94 GAA / .897 SV%.  Just horrid numbers. And wild he has so many wins with those stats.  No idea how he was an all star.  

-Guadeloupe Jones 

Whatever. He was there. 

He wouldn't have been if it was a subpar year. 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

On the positive, Bains had a decent debut.

Think he deserves another game in Seattle.  His family and friends can drive there and watch. 

He looked so nervous in 1st period. Once he loosened up, he looked good. He definitely brought more than Lafferty.

• Cheers 1

Definitely not the season to push all in we are still 1st and still a good team but against our conference the teams we need to get thru to the cup Winnipeg Colorado Dallas Vegas we are now 1-4-1 outside of Edmonton hopefully they figure it out doesn’t really matter how we win or lose just gotta figure it out 

• Like 1