[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

You want us to run a 2-3 umbrella PP - a tried and true technique that's been used for decades.  It favours shot volume and we certainly have guys who can shoot the puck.  But it sacrifices seam-passes and any opportunities in the high slot.  Reference: we are currently using a 1-3-1, the most common PP structure in the NHL.  More passes, higher quality shots.  I might post a topic discussing this soon.

I will sacrifice seam passes all day everyday right about now. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If he’s ready, why wait? He played half of last year in AHL too. We need a player of his skill set, and he’d be free.

Podkolzin is ready now. 

He has already scored 14 goals in his rookie season, in the NHL. 

We need to get him up here now. 

Having said that, I do like how Bains played tonight. We can use them both. It will force other players to step up their game. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

Give me a break. Happens all the time, putting the stick in front of the opposing player to slow him down a bit. If our players aren't allowed to do basic things to defend, it's time to fold the team.

This was an absolute horseshit call at any time, and even worse with under 5 mind left.

Be interesting if the DOPeS give out any embellishment fines, but I'm not counting on it.

I agree it’s a horseshit call but don’t give them any reason to call it.  Keep your feet moving.  The team will have to play through this garbage.  It’s probably going to happen in the playoffs when there is more at stake.

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I like his chemistry with Bleuger

He fed him a couple of grade A chances.  If Bleuger could've finished, he would have gotten his NHL point.   I think there is something there to keep him on that line until Dakota is back. 

I also noticed how he wasn't afraid to play physical with Makar and not get beaten.  

He started off with the saucer eyes; scared to engage physically, and kind of in awe of the speed of the NHL players. As the game wore on, he got more comfortable and started playing his game.

Agree; he looked good with Blueger. Be interesting to see him use his body more against a tad smaller and less talented squad in Seattle. That’ll give Garland a little more room to drive play too. Avs hemmed Garland up pretty good; he didn’t have time to set stuff up.

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Podkolzin is ready now. 

He has already scored 14 goals in his rookie season, in the NHL. 

We need to get him up here now. 

Having said that, I do like how Bains played tonight. We can use them both. It will force other players to step up their game. 

Agree; they are at least an improvement on Lafferty and Aman. 

• Cheers 1

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
45 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

9 games since Feb 6th. Which is 9 games in 15 days. This month was always going to be a gauntlet. As mad as I am about the powerplay. I don't think it's panic time. Just like it wasn't panic time in November when we had a gauntlet schedule and were playing .500 hockey. 4-3-2 isn't great, but it's not end of the world either.

I picked a shitty month to quit drinking then. Boo

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

I agree it’s a horseshit call but don’t give them any reason to call it.  Keep your feet moving.  The team will have to play through this garbage.  It’s probably going to happen in the playoffs when there is more at stake.

It was a dive, plain and simple. If the other teams can dive and get the calls, and not get punished, the games are pointless. What Cole did happens dozens of times per game. If Colton mans up and skates properly, nothing happens.

That was one of two embellishments that drew penalties in the game, and while neither resulted in a goal against, the garbage call against Cole took away 2 mins to attempt to tie.

Refs need to be better.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Lafferty and PDG were great stories but yes we need upgrades.

They’re good 13/14 guys.

Lafferty had a good run earlier in the season and we were all praising the mgmt for a great add.  Not sure what’s happened to him since.  He’s been virtually invisible.

Just now, coho8888 said:

Lafferty had a good run earlier in the season and we were all praising the mgmt for a great add.  Not sure what’s happened to him since.  He’s been virtually invisible.

Still think he can be a factor but I’d like to see a little more size and skill on the fourth.

I don’t see any reason to not keep giving Bains a look and even call up Podz.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty obvious we need a guy thats willing to drive the net. Too much perimeter play on the powerplay. They need to add a guy that makes a living scoring greasy goals in tight.

Maybe theres an opening for Podkolzin still.

Yes we are missing that player that  makes Georgiev's job a little more difficult. We are also missing are other big bodies that are injured.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You mean.....Slipping Falling Down GIF..........giphy.gif200.webp?cid=790b7611b1q6gop49aoenx2hyid

He should be off PP1; he is the guy that slows shit down and allows the d to set. Time to send him to the Sedin’s “cycle for 2 minutes” PP2.

I’d also break up the Swedes; flip Petterson or Lindholm to play with blueger and Bains. That line, besides hogs hustle and effort, is so soft and slow right now.

• Cheers 1

Two things to consider. 

• Teams this year have taken notice of our top 6 players and are more prepared. This is something that top teams have learned to deal with and the Canucks have not experienced until this year.
  • Team/line chemistry has been impacted by multiple players being added to the team, traded, and injured. Soucy is a key piece and when he's out it changes the D lines. Lindholm coming in and Kuzmenko out, also changed line configuration. Joshua being out defanged a strong 3rd line which was supplying pressure and goals when the top 2 lines were flat. Bains coming in, changed minutes for other players ( he played well, but he'd never played with any Canucks in a game )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yes we are missing that player that  makes Georgiev's job a little more difficult. We are also missing are other big bodies that are injured.

Yes the most important guy on the third line 😁

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty obvious we need a guy thats willing to drive the net. Too much perimeter play on the powerplay. They need to add a guy that makes a living scoring greasy goals in tight.

Maybe theres an opening for Podkolzin still.

I thought Lindholm was going to be more of that guy. I don't think he's been deployed that way enough though.

Power play should try

Lindholm

Boeser        Miller        Hughes      

Hronek

THREE one time options between Boeser-Hronek-Hughes

Pettersson is way too slow and rarely moves or shoots, deff the main issue on the pp.