[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Two things to consider. 

• Teams this year have taken notice of our top 6 players and are more prepared. This is something that top teams have learned to deal with and the Canucks have not experienced until this year.
  • Team/line chemistry has been impacted by multiple players being added to the team, traded, and injured. Soucy is a key piece and when he's out it changes the D lines. Lindholm coming in and Kuzmenko out, also changed line configuration. Joshua being out defanged a strong 3rd line which was supplying pressure and goals when the top 2 lines were flat. Bains coming in, changed minutes for other players ( he played well, but he'd never played with any Canucks in a game )

I don’t see how they don’t look to move Mikheyev.

Im a fan but it’s just not enough to have a guy taking up that much cap space to only provide defensive play and pk-ing.

We can’t waste this season because we feel bad that he’s struggling to get back to 100. That cap space could be used so much more effectively.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Still think he can be a factor but I’d like to see a little more size and skill on the fourth.

I don’t see any reason to not keep giving Bains a look and even call up Podz.

Lafferty is a great 4th liner. What the team needs to do is find another top 6 player (Podz, bains, trade??) and get Suter as the 4th C. A 4th line of Mik-Suter-Lafferty is awesome; totally allows you to balance minutes across all 4 lines. Perfect scenario:

Podz-Petterson-Hogs

Bains-Miller-Boeser

Blueger-Lindholm-Garland

Mik-Suter-Lafferty

Not saying Bains or Podz slide into those roles, but one could dream. Even if one stuck, it’s one less spot we need to look at before TDL.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 24K said:

I will sacrifice seam passes all day everyday right about now. 

I don't think anyone uses the 2-3 powerplay anymore but I can't deny its temptations.  It's outdated for sure but is it worse than whatever crap we've been watching?

• Vintage 1

Just now, Bardown said:

Petey missing again in a big game 

we definitely miss Joshua 

Liked Bains’ game 

Demko played well

juulsen was a beast 

refs sucked again 

Yea good shout out to Juulsen.

Big bounce back after a couple bad games.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think he’s still getting comfortable. Honestly Hoglander has been more of that player.

Pettersson is just killing plays every time he’s out there. He’s not playing with instinct it’s like you can see him overthinking every play.

If his contract negotiations are effecting his play he’s being pretty selfish to be honest. He’s putting himself before the team. 

He’s absolutely killing his line right now. I separate him and Lindholm; RT isn’t doing Lindholm any favours. Throw Lindholm on with blue her and Garlnd

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Im a fan but it’s just not enough to have a guy taking up that much cap space to only provide defensive play and pk-ing.

We can’t waste this season because we feel bad that he’s struggling to get back to 100. That cap space could be used so much more effectively.

Were not to get much back for him with his play so far though.

14 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Two things to consider. 

• Teams this year have taken notice of our top 6 players and are more prepared. This is something that top teams have learned to deal with and the Canucks have not experienced until this year.
  • Team/line chemistry has been impacted by multiple players being added to the team, traded, and injured. Soucy is a key piece and when he's out it changes the D lines. Lindholm coming in and Kuzmenko out, also changed line configuration. Joshua being out defanged a strong 3rd line which was supplying pressure and goals when the top 2 lines were flat. Bains coming in, changed minutes for other players ( he played well, but he'd never played with any Canucks in a game )

Sure, but top players find a way to produce.

Petey, specifically, wants to get paid McKinnon-tier money but plays like a scared Nylander against top teams. I say ship him out if the right deal comes along.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think he’s still getting comfortable. Honestly Hoglander has been more of that player.

Pettersson is just killing plays every time he’s out there. He’s not playing with instinct it’s like you can see him overthinking every play.

If his contract negotiations are effecting his play he’s being pretty selfish to be honest. He’s putting himself before the team. 

He has been pretty selfish for a while now. Kept on saying he want to play for a winner while simultaneously not being the big game game breaker that would justify such statement. 

So far, what all of his talk come off as is he wants to be a passenger that other carries him to a cup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Desmenko 1

37 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Well, why not? 

There's a lot of hooking and holding, clutching and grabbing and diving going on down there! 

That there is solid gold! Yes sir

71 Funny Congratulations Memes to Celebrate Success | Congratulations meme, Winning meme, Borat ...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But who do we get in his place?

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Ngl I love that we're staring down the barrel of adversity right now and not in April/May. Shows us what we have to fix and we got a 9 game homestand coming up to do that

And also give the management something to fix before the TDL.  

• Like 1

The fourth line could be completely replaced and the team would be better for it. Was Lafferty sat today?

Doesn't make sense that he was sat when those three plugs were given ice time. 

Team needs a couple of heftier and nastier players to fill out the roster. Miller was showing some jam today, as was Zadorov. Even Hughes was throwing the body. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Overpassing is contagious. One positive seeing Bain play was how he was get shots or passed to the net quickly. I felt like his newness to the team meant he brought in a different way of playing and shooting more.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

THIS WHY YOU DONT PICK ON HOCKEY GOD..THE FANS THAT MOUTHED OFF HOCKEY GOD ARE GETTING PUNISHED...LIKE ISAID THE CANUCKS ON A SLIDE..MAY NOT WIN NOW UNTIL THE BRUINS OR AFTER...NO PUCK LUCK..FROM THE HOCKEYGODS...

He hath spoken and he shall smote his accusers!

Jesus Reaction GIF

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1