[PGT] Canucks @ Avs -- 3 losses for the 1st time this season

HKSR

Mikheyev seems to be flying out there again.  I would put him with Miller and Boeser to see if he can regain his scoring touch.  He’s wasted on the 4th line.  I’d move Suter to 4C.

Höglander    Pettersson    Lindholm

Mikheyev     Miller             Boeser

Bains            Blueger         Garland 

PDG             Suter             Lafferty

I would try this out next game.  Also, Joshua is a bigger loss than some think.  He is more important than Blueger or Garland. He is going to get paid this summer. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Guntrix said:

Sure, but top players find a way to produce.

Petey, specifically, wants to get paid McKinnon-tier money but plays like a scared Nylander against top teams. I say ship him out if the right deal comes along.

How do you know how much money Petey wants? Has he told you or are you just guessing?

• Upvote 1

I thought Petey's line played better tonight. One of the best chances in the third was the tip play around the 10 minute mark, Georgiev just made a great save. Petey has shown he is determined to improve, I'm betting he figures out how to elevate his game and be a difference maker. GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Petey disappears in big games. 

Puts up the multi-point games on the average to weaker teams, but when the going gets tough, he is no where to be found.

Its been a pattern all season long with him...piles a bunch of points in a game and then isn't to be found the next few games.

Unfortunate but very true. Difficult situation.

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I was listening Halford and Brough on Sportsnet 650 and they brought this topic on officiating. (Praphrasing) 

It was a long discussion in response to the loss at Minnesota (you can view it in the Podcast on Spotify) but basically and paraphrasing, while they feel the fanbase can point out questionable calls (or non-calls) from time to time, he does feel the fanbase has too much of a "victim mentality" and should stop thinking the refs are intentionally doing malice against the Canucks.

Plus the focus needs to be on the team and not the officiating since officiating is going to change in the final stretch of the season and playoffs 

I listened to it too and I have never been more disappointed in Jamie Dodd and Hartford. I literally wanted to stop listening to them all together. 

Typical spineless media. They brought up how it was only the last two games reffing was an issue? It has been an issue all year! It started with the NYR ot and now we have one of the most lopsided penalty against differential in the league. It continued today. 

It ain't victim mindset when there is a consistent pattern to extremely bad reffing. If anything our media has a victim mindset.

Did you see how Toronto's media came to the defense of Reily. If it was a Canuck doing what Reily did, our media would be the first to cheer for and go out of their way to justify a 10 game suspension let alone 5. 

The only one I have respect for now is Shorty who started to call out the refs in the broadcasts and Shah who at least acknowledge blown calls unlike Hartford who is a league cheerleader. 

Edited by 24K

10 minutes ago, 24K said:

I listened to it too and I have never been more disappointed in Jamie Dodd and Hartford. I literally wanted to stop listening to them all together. 

Typical spineless media. They brought up how it was only the last two games reffing was an issue? It has been an issue all year! It started with the NYR ot and now we have one of the most lopsided penalty against differential in the league. It continued today. 

It ain't victim mindset when there is a consistent pattern to extremely bad reffing. 

I guess it's more a league wide problem than something specific to the Canucks though ( I think I tried to make that point in the Minny game). But there's also a reason why Tocchet doesn't want to bring up the officiating because it's more about team performance than officiating. 

Bad reffing could cause a team a game or two but a good team can over come those instances in an 82 game season.

Which is also why refs put down the whistles during the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I guess it's more a league wide problem than something specific to the Canucks though ( I think I tried to make that point in the Minny game). But there's also a reason why Tocchet doesn't want to bring up the officiating because it's more about team performance than officiating. 

Bad reffing could cause a team a game or two but a good team can over come those instances in an 82 game season.

Which is also why refs put down the whistles during the playoffs. 

I would rather prefer the refs just put down the whistle now. They are doing more harm to the game blowing the whistle than just let them play grabs hooks and all. 

And ofcourse the coach and players ain't gonna call out the refs. They have to play the game and deal with the refs but it is completely different story for fans and media. The media especially are the ones that should be holding refs accountable but they, especially in our market, refuse to do so. 

Also even Tocchet called out reading today at least on the dive. It has become that bad. 

Edited by 24K

31 minutes ago, 24K said:

I would rather prefer the refs just put down the whistle now. They are doing more harm to the game blowing the whistle than just let them play grabs hooks and all. 

And ofcourse the coach and players ain't gonna call out the refs. They have to play the game and deal with the refs but it is completely different story for fans and media. The media especially are the ones that should be holding refs accountable but they, especially in our market, refuse to do so. 

Also even Tocchet called out reading today at least on the dive. It has become that bad. 

I haven't heard the post game interviews but I assume it's more his comment on the player and not the refs. 

I don't envy the life of a Ref. Hockey is a fast game so it's not easy o get everything right and when you don't the fanbase (for any team) is going to just rip you to shreds. So when a dive looks legit on the Ref's perspective it's hard to blame them on that. 

Someone mentioned using AI as a tool or even a replacement for refs. But realistically that isn't going to happen since the Refs Unión will fight hard against it. At least during the game itself. 

Edited by iinatcc

Powerplay #1

Joshua

Miller - Pettersson - Hughes

Hronek

Powerplay #2
               Lindholm

Garland - Boeser - Kessel/Hoglander

Soucy/Myers

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Puts up the multi-point games on the average to weaker teams, but when the going gets tough, he is no where to be found.

Its been a pattern all season long with him...piles a bunch of points in a game and then isn't to be found the next few games.

sassy-bambi.gif

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see how they don’t look to move Mikheyev.

Im a fan but it’s just not enough to have a guy taking up that much cap space to only provide defensive play and pk-ing.

We can’t waste this season because we feel bad that he’s struggling to get back to 100. That cap space could be used so much more effectively.

....and we're stuck with him for 2 more years - after this year.   

BTW......Alvin was responsible for this signing....and not the first bad signing he's done either!

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He's up against MacKinnon line and didn't give them anything. He only got a pt from the ENG.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev seems to be flying out there again.  I would put him with Miller and Boeser to see if he can regain his scoring touch.  He’s wasted on the 4th line.  I’d move Suter to 4C.

Höglander    Pettersson    Lindholm

Mikheyev     Miller             Boeser

Bains            Blueger         Garland 

PDG             Suter             Lafferty

I would try this out next game.  Also, Joshua is a bigger loss than some think.  He is more important than Blueger or Garland. He is going to get paid this summer

I think he will get paid elsewhere. Feel like Blueger and Cole will be returning.

now the 3rd line is broken since the Joshua's injury, we can put Garland in the top 6.

Pettersson Lindholm Garland

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Blueger Bains

diGuisseppe Suter Lafferty

Aman

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

....and we're stuck with him for 2 more years - after this year.   

BTW......Alvin was responsible for this signing....and not the first bad signing he's done either!

Show me a GM with a flawless record of signings. 

They always make mistakes. 

Can see the cliff jumping has started.    WNP and COL game, both could have gone either way.   Not overly concerned (yet) about how things are going.    Refs continue to suck lol.   

Soucy...Missing him.  Seems to settle things down, and improve our winning percentage (Salo did the same thing coincidence lol?).   

Team just needs to keep playing their game, and things will improve.    A little adversity.   Sucks a little.   Every teams after us now, that's a good thing.    

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Can see the cliff jumping has started.    WNP and COL game, both could have gone either way.   Not overly concerned (yet) about how things are going.    Refs continue to suck lol.   

Soucy...Missing him.  Seems to settle things down, and improve our winning percentage (Salo did the same thing coincidence lol?).   

Team just needs to keep playing their game, and things will improve.    A little adversity.   Sucks a little.   Every teams after us now, that's a good thing.    

Western Conference teams in the final push towards playoff spots

tenor.gif

• Haha 2