[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s because Juulsen sucked his entire career until recent. 
He is just putting it together and hasn’t earned a good contract yet

Soucy makes the same amount and he is far superior and has been for a long time.

I’ve also heard people in the media saying Cole should get a raise as well which blows my mind do they even watch him

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

He is only out there to exist and being a passenger.  Whenever gets any sort of pressure he makes a bad pass into the opponents skates or gets pushed off the puck.  He gets hemmed in his own zone all the time because he has no physicality in his play, and he’s done that all season.  And people want to pay this guy 12 million.  He’d be a bad contract at 9 mill.

The only reason his line has done anything is because Hoglander has been a massive play driver for the last month or so

9th in points and that's not even worth 9 million? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Tocchet; get your old lines back together; Never mind the cutesy stuff, go back to the lines that work. Bains should be on the 4th line getting to know the ropes.

We are supposed to be tuning up for playoff hockey. This doesn't look like it. Where's the will to win. Where's desperation hockey?

I think when you are up by the amount of points they have they feel they have enough right now to have some lousy games. It’s an awful mentality but right now they don’t seem desperate enough to win. Shocking when they talk about being mature. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Tocchet; get your old lines back together; Never mind the cutesy stuff, go back to the lines that work. Bains should be on the 4th line getting to know the ropes.

We are supposed to be tuning up for playoff hockey. This doesn't look like it. Where's the will to win. Where's desperation hockey?

They might have climbed up to the top a little too early and been staying there a little too long.

Other teams are fighting tooth and nail desperately every night, semi-playoff level. I don't see such intensity with this team yet.

• Upvote 1

They need Joshua back, PKs, forechecks, makes that third line click with all the chemistry.    That third line has saved them so many times this season.

Also, seems like every line is dumping and chasing .

• Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

9th in points and that's not even worth 9 million? 

That is the one thing he excels at.  He can finish and knows how to collect points.  But he does not drive his own line.  He does not do what it takes to do the little things that provide long term success like the garland line so consistently did for so long.  He also has the prime spot on the pp to rack up points.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Soucy makes the same amount and he is far superior and has been for a long time.

I’ve also heard people in the media saying Cole should get a raise as well which blows my mind do they even watch him

Yeah?

Who has played more?

Who brings more playoff experience?

Who knows what it takes to win a cup?  
Cole has been having a decent season and is a big reason for the improvement on our blueline and PK.  
Couple bad games for him?   Sure.  
He has been good this year

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

He is only out there to exist and being a passenger.  Whenever gets any sort of pressure he makes a bad pass into the opponents skates or gets pushed off the puck.  He gets hemmed in his own zone all the time because he has no physicality in his play, and he’s done that all season.  And people want to pay this guy 12 million.  He’d be a bad contract at 9 mill.

The only reason his line has done anything is because Hoglander has been a massive play driver for the last month or so

Like I said he's not a play driver the way JT does it game in game out, Petey needs more urgency and better against good teams not look like a superstar against bad teams.  He's worth 10mill ish unless he show otherwise in the playoffs.