[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

not sure I'd go that far with it. We need to shuffle things around a bit with Joshua out. 

Exactly. At this juncture in time, Suter offers more offense on 3rd line than Mik. Mik on that line didn't gel all that well. The good thing about Mik is can play up and down the lineup and not be a liability; the guy is just snake bitten in terms of scoring. The effort is there every night. We need to look past his cap hit right now; it is what it is.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

fun to see this, not really something anyone expected the way this year has gone. 

Just goes to show, you never know what good stuff can happen when you finally have some organizational depth. 

Full alignment with the AHL club helps.  He fits right in despite 0 practice with the big club.   

What I noticed last game was how poised and calm he looked.  On the road vs Avs, battling among the top players, that's a great sign.   No deer in the headlight look, skated and carried the puck with purpose, not rushing his passes etc.  Hope he will continue to improve and gel with the his linemates.   

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

I’d like to see woo get a game and sit Juulsen for a game and get him an extra day off he’s played great so far this year but the last 4-5 games have been bad, his turnovers and decision making on when to go for a hit has been suspect and directly led to costly goals against. Like the idea of putting bains with miller and brock, that might work

19 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Finally! Hronek be like ...

main-qimg-974c89a3860b67e04053c72c6adf9d

Someone’s gotta shoot.

Hopefully the threat of a point shot makes it harder to defend. I feel like any team watching tape of our powerplay find it pretty easy to come up with a strategy to shut it down.

• Cheers 4

31 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Finally! Makes so much sense having Hronek on the left and Petey on the right both as a threat with the one timer. Then you can play Miller at the bumper, Boeser screening, and Hughes running the PP from the point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Bains in the top 6 holy shit, that is fantastic... if he can stick beside Miller & Boeser, which I think he can... we get a free TDL acquisition and can worry about adding a D man. 

• Like 2
  • chaos 1

I wonder if they will promote Zad to PP2 with Hronny getting the promotion. Zad has a sneaky good shot

Edit: looks like Myers is on PP2, also a good choice, just hope no giraffes gaffes lead to any shorthanded goals.

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bardown said:

Whoa hold your horses! It's early...not sure he's ready for top 6 consistently...but hey who knows, Burrows got called up and never looked back....

He has the drive and skill to stick there, as long as he moves his legs. He has excelled at every level so far. 

• Like 1