[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

OldFaithfulcap

We have been forged in fire and grew up in the darkness. We know nothing but hope and failure. We watched our terrible basement teams and we sure as shit will keep watching this team. 

stay healthy and all will be fine 

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

He’s supposed to be a good faceoff guy, defensively responsible who can play with good players. What report did you read?

33 goals when he played with good players.Had Petey as his center.Diddley goals except his first game.

I feel like the team just needs to get home and get some solid practice in. This 5 games in 8 nights, with injuries to 2 key players is killing the team and yes that affects special teams, which is what’s killing them. The 2?weeks on the eastern road trip, quick 2 games at home and out for another quick 3 road games is brutal. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pycnotic said:

So many turnovers on breakouts, and there isn’t a lot of pressure, they just screw up with or without pressure 

Kraken speed is showing.  Can't let them blow through so easily. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

yikes. Poor defending but once again the momentum for 2 straight comes from a godawful PP.

Ya that and this team just doesn’t respond to pressure well. Sinking like the Titanic. I don’t know how anyone can think they are contenders. Teams are usually trying to fine tune things and be at their best for the playoffs. This team is doing the exact opposite.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its not the personnel. Hughes & Miller are among the best PP players in the league, its the strategy completely limiting them. Get Miller back to the left wall, Hughes in the middle, & Petey right side.

Yup.

Go back to what worked.

Boeser

Miller Lindholm EP

Hughes

• Vintage 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

They gotta put the lotto line back together.

Like what the fuck. How does removing Kuz and adding Lindholm male us worse?

We really miss Soucy and Joshua 

When Tocchet strikes gold he's a great coach but when the pay dirt is gone and he needs to move locations to find more gold he seems absolutely lost. 

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

I feel like the team just needs to get home and get some solid practice in. This 5 games in 8 nights, with injuries to 2 key players is killing the team and yes that affects special teams, which is what’s killing them. The 2?weeks on the eastern road trip, quick 2 games at home and out for another quick 3 road games is brutal. 

Excuses. Tired of excuses over the years for this group. I am sure other teams have had tough schedules such as ours.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82