[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

Just now, Bardown said:

Ya just saying give him some time, stepping right into a top 6 role is not easy. Even Bo had to work his way up from the 4th line. He's getting a look, I hope he fits in but I would expect him to be dropped down the lineup and probably back to Abby at some point. I would love to be wrong, love the kid.

That could be the case, but he played tremendously against the MacKinnon line. His hockey IQ is through the roof. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

I wonder if they will promote Zad to PP2 with Hronny getting the promotion. Zad has a sneaky good shot

Edit: looks like Myers is on PP2, also a good choice, just hope no giraffes gaffes lead to any shorthanded goals.

I would too and I’d like to see him get top 4minutes with Hughes or Hronek. Those two need to be split up to balance our D out more imo.

Zadorov had over 10g last year, heck net from presence anyone!? Winger for #40 when Soucy returns!? 

Need to trade Mikheyev sooner the better what a waste of cap use, Never liked that signing from day 1.

too soft and is a overpaid checking pker we took the laffs garbage and gave it a big raise when we signed him…Worst decision by this GM since taking over 

5 minutes ago, Viking said:

Need to trade Mikheyev sooner the better what a waste of cap use, Never liked that signing from day 1.

too soft and is a overpaid checking pker we took the laffs garbage and gave it a big raise when we signed him…Worst decision by this GM since taking over 

We just have enough time to pump him up for a game or two then trade quick (maybe one of the picks we just traded) and hit the road for Dodge..

38 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Boeser has really improved his 200ft game, his board work and foot speed. Even if he's not scoring he's contributing now.

I mean not reeeeeeeeally. The big dif is he's rocking a Kuzmenkian shooting %. Most of his other metrics are the same as they have ever been. He leads the team on Ozone starts and is last in D zone starts so I don't think Tocc agrees with you on the 200ft game. He's good for about 2 hits every 3 games 9th among of our fwds and would be lower if you corrected it per 60. 

I'm not trying to throw Brock under the bus here I'm thrilled he's having an up year. As we saw with Kuzzi though when youre hot it's all rainbows and butterflies the reality is Brock's talent is somewhere in the middle of what the points suggest between last year and this year. 

and we may already be seeing that with 8g and the last 25 games a 26g per 82g pace. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Dom said:

He has the drive and skill to stick there, as long as he moves his legs. He has excelled at every level so far. 

Great story for Bains if he does stick. Undrafted, battled his way on to teams and ended up signing with Abby. Burrows battles his way from the ECHL (undrafted) to playing wing with the Sedins. Rooting for Bains for sure and hope he comes close to the career Burrows had as that would be an absolute steal of a player for the Canucks!

Go Canucks Go!

PS. We could then look forward to someone starting a Bains, Do We Really Need Him thread.🤪

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

Boeser has really improved his 200ft game, his board work and foot speed. Even if he's not scoring he's contributing now.

100% agree. He is no longer a one dimensional player and it is showing on the ice. Anyone complaining about Boesers contribution to the team really needs to focus more on the present and less on the past.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lafferty seems built for a fourth line role. The other two just aren’t cutting it. At all. 

Pete's line has had the most success with lafferty on it this year. 

image.thumb.png.32436a83a26cf64549989d298b54612f.png

It's about the only time Mik Lafferty have been a positive this year too. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I mean not reeeeeeeeally. The big dif is he's rocking a Kuzmenkian shooting %. Most of his other metrics are the same as they have ever been. He leads the team on Ozone starts and is last in D zone starts so I don't think Tocc agrees with you on the 200ft game. He's good for about 2 hits every 3 games 9th among of our fwds and would be lower if you corrected it per 60. 

I'm not trying to throw Brock under the bus here I'm thrilled he's having an up year. As we saw with Kuzzi though when youre hot it's all rainbows and butterflies the reality is Brock's talent is somewhere in the middle of what the points suggest between last year and this year. 

and we may already be seeing that with 8g and the last 25 games a 26g per 82g pace. 

I feel like a big portion of the fan base has a massive soft spot for Boeser. I honestly wouldn’t mind if they looked at moving him before the deadline. He’s made strides this season but Not a game changer in my opinion. We need players that drive the game.  

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Boeser will be what we all thought he would be.  A 30+ goal scorer (when healthy).  If still on a line with Miller (or EP), I can see him settling in at 30+ goals and 70+ pts.

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I feel like a big portion of the fan base has a massive soft spot for Boeser. I honestly wouldn’t mind if they looked at moving him before the deadline. He’s made strides this season but Not a game changer in my opinion. We need players that drive the game.  

While I very much agree on Boeser. I feel like "play driver" is some buzz people bandy about. The reality is we have some very good play drivers in Miller, Pete, Garland. Huggy. 

What we really need is a playmaker. I think only Bluger has more primary assists than goals among our fwd group. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

watch the games. watch him back check, watch him on the walls, watch him win battles in the corners and forecheck hard. 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lafferty seems built for a fourth line role. The other two just aren’t cutting it. At all. 

Kind of. I'm not sure what it is about 4th line guys that seem to only play well in that role once every 3-4 games. Lafferty has speed and can definitely lay the body, but he only seems to have energy every couple of games. I guess Aman is reliable defensively, but he brings absolutely no additional skill or physicality to the 4th line. PDG, man he took a big step back this year. I know he was moved off the 2nd line early on, but it was because he wasn't producing at all. 

If we had a grinder 4th line this team would look completely different. 

Everyone always looks at players in the system and projects guys as top 4 D, top 6 winger etc. and we focus on developing those players.  Then we say that 4th line guys are a dime a dozen, we can just get those in free agency. Yet every year we seem to be short on this type of player.

I wonder if more emphasis should be put on developing role type players, not always trying to maximize a players scoring ability, but rather their energy, forecheck, aggression etc.

Just some thoughts

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Boeser will be what we all thought he would be.  A 30+ goal scorer (when healthy).  If still on a line with Miller (or EP), I can see him settling in at 30+ goals and 70+ pts.

I hope youre right.

But Ill agree to diasgree. IMO he will regress back to somewhere in the middle 25-30g 55-60 points. By all means not terrible but not the player we all see the potential for him to be.  

5 minutes ago, tas said:

watch the games. watch him back check, watch him on the walls, watch him win battles in the corners and forecheck hard. 

I do. With respect youre seeing what you want to see. Or maybe youre dislexic and mistaking a 6 for a 9.

Edited by Hammertime
  • Haha 1