[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

10 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I hope youre right.

But Ill agree to diasgree. IMO he will regress back to somewhere in the middle 25-30g 55-60 points. By all means not terrible but not the player we all see the potential for him to be.  

You could be right too, but the glass half full in me hopes for the 30+/70+ player.

Time will tell I guess.

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I do. With respect youre seeing what you want to see. Or maybe youre dislexic and mistaking a 6 for a 9.

Boeser has been good this year in nearly all areas. Yes his shooting percentage is abnormally high and he's probably not going to get this many goals every year, but he's very obviously making more of an effort on the forecheck and backcheck, he's winning his share of board battles, and he's making some nice passes. I've watched most games this year and he's been a net positive in most of them. He's fully earning his contract this year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

I do. With respect youre seeing what you want to see. Or maybe youre dislexic and mistaking a 6 for a 9.

not at all. I would genuinely cut together a highlight package for you if I didn't do everything on my phone. 

I see boeser making excellent defensive plays every single night. 

13 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Boeser has been good this year in nearly all areas. Yes his shooting percentage is abnormally high and he's probably not going to get this many goals every year, but he's very obviously making more of an effort on the forecheck and backcheck, he's winning his share of board battles, and he's making some nice passes. I've watched most games this year and he's been a net positive in most of them. He's fully earning his contract this year.

It's called confirmation bias. We all love Brock and want to see the best. While I agree he's playing more interested. He's 6'1 210 it's not like he's a 2nd Miller out there. Acting like he's turned this power/2way/dog on a bone part of his game into a strength is false. 

15 minutes ago, tas said:

not at all. I would genuinely cut together a highlight package for you if I didn't do everything on my phone. 

I see boeser making excellent defensive plays every single night. 

can you also cut a highlight package of Mason Raymond on his skates. 

Just now, Hammertime said:

can you also cut a highlight package of Mason Raymond on his skates. 

you go ahead and cut together a package of brock's bad plays this year ok? we'll see which package has more clips. 

9 minutes ago, tas said:

you go ahead and cut together a package of brock's bad plays this year ok? we'll see which package has more clips. 

I'm not going to create a low light's package. I love Brock. I got a the flow T shirt from his rook season dudes a beauty. I'm just trying to bring some reality. He's been better/ more interested for Brock it's not like he's burying guys on the boards and hard on pucks. there is a small amount of improvment from last year in the non scoring part of the game. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Kind of. I'm not sure what it is about 4th line guys that seem to only play well in that role once every 3-4 games. Lafferty has speed and can definitely lay the body, but he only seems to have energy every couple of games. I guess Aman is reliable defensively, but he brings absolutely no additional skill or physicality to the 4th line. PDG, man he took a big step back this year. I know he was moved off the 2nd line early on, but it was because he wasn't producing at all. 

If we had a grinder 4th line this team would look completely different. 

Everyone always looks at players in the system and projects guys as top 4 D, top 6 winger etc. and we focus on developing those players.  Then we say that 4th line guys are a dime a dozen, we can just get those in free agency. Yet every year we seem to be short on this type of player.

I wonder if more emphasis should be put on developing role type players, not always trying to maximize a players scoring ability, but rather their energy, forecheck, aggression etc.

Just some thoughts

Solid thoughts 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, BPA said:

Mik has fallen to 4th line.  It’s a shame he couldn’t find a fit on any of the other lines.  Not keen on $4.75M on the 4th line for another 2 years.

ya need to trade the bum , get em out of here 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Can't help but smile and cheer for Bains. I was pretty impressed with his first game as you can tell he's got great awareness. Here's hoping he's able to bury one of his chances today cause you know he'll get one playing with Miller and Boeser!

• ThereItIs 1